Author Thread: Some people believe that there is an official translation that all believers are to be reading.
Quiznos

View Profile
History
Some people believe that there is an official translation that all believers are to be reading.
Posted : 25 Sep, 2020 08:42 PM

When i was going from church building to church building, to see if the Word was being taught, there were some that taught that the kjv was the only true translation, others the NASB, then the ESV, still others one of the other 100 or more translations.

Each translation has errors, some more than others, the errors need to be corrected before teaching from the text.

As far as an official translation, there is not one.

View Profile
History
Some people believe that there is an official translation that all believers are to be reading.
Posted : 26 Sep, 2020 11:02 AM

The KJV does not have errors. Other versions have major errors such as calling Lucifer the morning star (Isaiah 14:12), when this is a title used for Jesus in Revelation.

Quiznos

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Sep, 2020 01:04 PM

Hi Key,

Hehehehehehehe,LOL, you made me laugh, that is a feat in itself.

Where did you get such a ridiculous understanding that the, kjv has NO ERRORS.

Whenever i need a good laugh i will read your replies.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Sep, 2020 04:40 AM

Keyodavid,

Have you never read the 1611 KJV preface?

Seems you disagree with the KJV translators themselves who never claimed perfection but remained open to further improvements.

And many improvements followed over the years.

One improvement corrected the 1631 KJV printing which rendered the 7th commandment as, “thou shalt commit adultery” obviously a printing error that year, which should have read, “thou shalt NOT commit adultery”.

The error was discovered in 1632 a year after the offending 1631 edition was printed.

If you have a copy of that rare 1631 KJV edition, it’s worth a lot of money. It’s often refereed to as the “Wicked Bible”, the “Sinners Bible” or the “Adulterers Bible” because of the infamous omission.

When the King Charles learned of the error he ordered all copies burned but about 10 copies escaped the inferno.

So,,, keyofdavid, we’re just getting started.

But regardless, the KJV, despite its mostly surface errors, remains a fairly reliable translation.

Quiznos

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Sep, 2020 06:55 PM

Key,

Why are the translators ashamed of the name of GOD Almighty.

There are at least 27 names of GOD Almighty, this includes His compound names,such as; El Shaddai, El Elyon, El Roi , Yahowah Yireh, Yehowah Rapha, Yehowah Nissi, Yehowah Shalom, Olam.

The name ( s ) of GOD Almighty have been replaced with words like GOD, LORD, and Lord, why are these errors not corrected in the translations, with the name ( s ) of YHWH.

otismusic

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Oct, 2020 12:10 PM

I read the KJV, as it is the most accurate translation for the english tongue, however....the Hebrew language is gematrical, letters are numbers, so is english...but you have to go back a long way....point is, there can be no perfect translation...because we do not have a gematrical mindset or a close understanding of archaic Hebrew, however, scholars search and research and find new understanding all the time, does it affect the translation? rarely...but it does help to understand the premise of the word in it's context and also within the framework of the word, one teacher that comes to mind is Stephen Denoon of the Denoon institute, he translates from source and breaks down the construction of the individual word and how that relates to the passge under analysis, so whilst I may agree the KJV for the most part is accurate, I cannot agree that it is 100% as too much information is lost in translation, as a previous commenter wrote, the KJV strips out the names of God....

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Oct, 2020 11:47 AM

The best translation anyone can read is the one that speaks to them.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Oct, 2020 03:20 PM

Otis, I wonder if you could explain your last post more clearly.

You said the “KJV is the most accurate translation for the English language.” Could you please explain which KJV revision is the most accurate and what criterion you used in forming that determination?

You’ve asserted Hebrew and English as “geometrical”, yet you say English speakers don’t have a geometrical mindset. Could you explain what you mean here?

Can you explain Steven Denoon’s opinion on the entire KJV translation as a whole?

Also can you tell us Steven’s view on the doctrine of the Trinity and his views on veganism? Does Steven believe Jesus was vegan?