Author Thread: To Smoke Or Not To Smoke?
slj3_1

View Profile
History
To Smoke Or Not To Smoke?
Posted : 17 Aug, 2009 12:52 PM

Are there any references in God's Word on smoking?

Is it right or wrong?

What do you think?

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Aug, 2009 02:28 PM

dear sandy, as my pastor said smokin may not send you to hell but itll sure make ya smell like youve been there hehe..

ole cattle

tristan07

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Aug, 2009 05:16 PM

= death?

slj3_1

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Aug, 2009 08:45 PM

The reason I asked,,My boss is an assistant pastor and he thinks its ok,,I figure if it was ok then God wouldn't have taken it from me, Thanks and Praise to Him for it.

Any body else?

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Aug, 2009 08:53 PM

I think it comes down to serving God. Couldn't you serve God better if you didn't spend a bunch of money on cigarettes...or if you didn't waste your health? If you die at 45 from lung cancer....you lose a good chunk of your life that you could be witnessing to others....possibly leading people to Christ. What would God want you to do?

:peace::peace:

slj3_1

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Aug, 2009 09:21 AM

You are absolutly on my same page,, I quit in 1991 i smoked 2 packs a day for awhile,and the price was awful,,,,around 1.50 per pack!!!!! Now, where I work they around 5.00 Just think what that money could do for God's purpose!!!

Sandy

PS, I don't mean to offend anyone who believes smoking is ok,,some do,, this is where we work out our own soul salvation,,,with fear and trembling.

slj3_1

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Aug, 2009 09:23 AM

Cattle, I didn't mean to over look your post,, very wise words and funny, you too, Tristan, very good

God Bless, Sandy

kdhny11

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Aug, 2009 11:36 AM

I can't believe anyone would ever say that smoking is ok. Even the people of the world know it is wrong - how much more the people of God?

It is a throughly filthy habit that makes you and others around you sick. Just don't do it.

KidzWorker

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Aug, 2009 02:05 PM

Do you feel smoking is a sin?

If you think it is sinful, don't smoke.

If you think it is fine, feel free to smoke or not smoke as you choose.

However, don't deliberately smoke around people who think it is sinful.

And if you do think smoking is a sin, dont bring condemnation on those who think it is fine.

Follow the conscience God has given you, and don't offend the conscience of others.

(basically how Paul sorted out the whole "sacrificed meat" issue the Romans had)

oneway

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Aug, 2009 07:44 PM

My pastor says that smoking won't send us to hell, just get us to heaven faster. But seriously, the word says that our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. So Jesus smokes when we smoke........think about it.

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Aug, 2009 02:59 PM

I don't think smoking has much to do with salvation or sin. If it did, I think God would be punishing people who eat foods that contain preservatives and other harsh and unnatural chemical additives.

Page : 1 2