Author Thread: Who do you admire?
DCinc

View Profile
History
Who do you admire?
Posted : 28 Mar, 2021 12:54 PM

Who do you admire who is a contemporary and known to many For me , the list is long, so I'll just list who comes to mind first 1. The whole Trump family. Never mind politics, these guys are still standing. This clan is a united formidable opponent to their adversaries. I admire that kind of bedrock strength.

2. Scott O'grady; He was a pilot downed in Bosnia, who managed to get out with the help of U.S. extraction team.. With nothing but a radio, he hid in the scrub like a bunny rabbit while the enemy shearch for him. When the one chance to get out came, he made it happen.

3. Christie Brinkley. Not only did this beautiful woman manage to survive a chopper crash in the Rockies, she administered first aid and facilitated their rescue. Having said all that I will also point out the thousands of Christians world wide whose names I do not know, languishing in prison for Loving the God of the Bible. I admire and pray for all of them.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Who do you admire?
Posted : 28 Mar, 2021 10:50 PM

Great post—welcome!!

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Who do you admire?
Posted : 30 Mar, 2021 02:50 AM

Someone I admire is a woman affectionately known as aunt Donna. She’s being great work in Jamaica helping those less fortunate...:-)

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Who do you admire?
Posted : 30 Mar, 2021 02:51 AM

* she’s doing great work *

Rosst

View Profile
History
Who do you admire?
Posted : 31 Mar, 2021 04:06 PM

Empress Theodora, Augusta of Rome. A remarkable woman, spouse to Emperor Justinian, Augustus of Rome.

Lucius Annaeus Seneca (the Younger), a Roman Stoic philosopher, statesman, dramatist. Had massive positive impact on my life and way of thinking.

Marcus Aurelius Antoninus, Augustus of Rome. His work "Meditations" had a great and positive influence on my life and my way of thinking.

Rosst

View Profile
History
Who do you admire?
Posted : 31 Mar, 2021 04:11 PM

Empress Theodora, Augusta of Rome. A remarkable woman, spouse to Emperor Justinian, Augustus of Rome.

Lucius Annaeus Seneca (the Younger), a Roman Stoic philosopher, statesman, dramatist. Had massive positive impact on my life and way of thinking.

Marcus Aurelius Antoninus, Augustus of Rome. His work "Meditations" had a great and positive influence on my life and my way of thinking.

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
Who do you admire?
Posted : 4 Jun, 2021 09:01 PM

Of course, I admire my parents because they have always put my brother and I first. Most parents are always thinking about their own lives but they are always thinking about us and were heavily involved in our lives always.

Secondly, I would say my grandmother (dad's side) and great-grandmother (mom's side). My grandmother raised a household of nine people - 7 kids and worked really hard. She lived to 89 years old. My great-grandmother had a husband who died at 50 of a heart attack. She did waitressing to raise 4 kids. She never had anything bad to say about anyone and would walk blocks to her apartment and went out everywhere by herself. She enjoyed life until age 90.

Thirdly, I would say one of my science academy teachers. He taught me some life lessons and was just very kind to me. Another one of ny teachers was my academic decathlon teacher. He was always smiling and believed in me.