Author Thread: I’ve had this on my heart
Admin

I’ve had this on my heart
Posted : 26 Jan, 2022 12:27 PM

I’m going to go back in trusting that the Lord has someone out there for me. I’m going to keep praying for Him to answer even others try to discourage me. I believe that God does want this for me, because almost every day when I wake up I’ve had this prayer on my heart and I truly believe the Lord Jesus Christ is wanting me to keep praying on this and keep asking and seeking and knocking. I don’t know how He’s going to answer with everything going on in the world, but I trust that He will. The hard part is just waiting. I don’t know how long I can make it, but I pray that the Lord will help me keep my faith up in Him. He knows what I need and He knows what I am seeking in a partner. So I’ll just continue waiting. I won’t be discouraged. I’ll keep my eyes on the Lord. I’ll keep a prayer on my lips.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Jan, 2022 08:00 PM

I’m going to go back in trusting that the Lord has someone out there for me. I’m going to keep praying for Him to answer even others try to discourage me. I believe that God does want this for me, because almost every day when I wake up I’ve had this prayer on my heart and I truly believe the Lord Jesus Christ is wanting me to keep praying on this and keep asking and seeking and knocking. I don’t know how He’s going to answer with everything going on in the world, but I trust that He will. The hard part is just waiting. I don’t know how long I can make it, but I pray that the Lord will help me keep my faith up in Him. He knows what I need and He knows what I am seeking in a partner. So I’ll just continue waiting. I won’t be discouraged. I’ll keep my eyes on the Lord. I’ll keep a prayer on my lips.

Morgan, it sounds like you’re setting yourself up for disappointment.

Yes, by all means keep praying for a wife—nothing wrong with that. There’s no doubt in my mind that God can provide a match for you.

But the following statements seem to suggest you may be imposing your will on God:

1. “I’m going to go back in trusting that the Lord has someone out there for me.”

2. “I believe that God does want this for me...”

3. “ I don’t know how He’s going to answer with everything going on in the world, but I trust that He will.”

Morgan, what if God wants you to suffer persecution and in the end become a martyr like many of the Saints?

It’s certainly possible God has marriage in the works for you.

Morgan. All I’m trying to say is this. Pray in faith for a wife just as you’re doing but keep in mind, God doesn’t owe you anything and there is no scriptural basis to assume your wishes are the will of God for you. God gives out of pure grace and good will.

I didn’t see anything in your post about God’s will being done—I hope this is just an oversight.

I’m not trying to discourage you. Just hope to help

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Jan, 2022 10:26 AM

How can I set myself up for disappointment when I know that I’ve been saved? Because even if I don’t receive a wife I know that at the end of this life I will get to go home with my Lord. Either I’m a winner, because I have Jesus.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jan, 2022 01:21 PM

Well said Morgan. Just wanted to make sure, sounds like you’re on the right track in finding a wife

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Aug, 2022 03:17 PM

Sometimes we want something so much that we cannot clear our mind of it. Keeping it in the forefront of our mind, we might miss out on other blessings or happy occasions because we are too focused on the one thing we want. While it is good to pray and hope, it often helps to find work, or a hobby, or help someone else; therefore getting the focus off of ourself. Personally I have had days where it seems useless to get out of bed because of physical pain or sadness. But those are the days where I find a marvelous sunrise while I drink my coffee. I would have missed it. A neighbor happens to be at the mailboxes when I am, needs someone to talk to, and we end up . I would have missed it. I do some volunteer work for Cornell University, and if I stayed so focused on one desire, I would not have see those NINE yearling doe deer the other night. WE make mistakes but God does not. Try to find other things to occupy your mind and hands and time will become more pleasant.

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Aug, 2022 03:23 PM

there's a stupid looking emoji that SHOULD be .. i didnt put it there. :(

Bar17235^

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Dec, 2022 04:00 PM

i can understand the emptiness you have inside very well. the vast majority of my life i have been alone, and i have lost count of the times i have felt God wants me to be single, but the reality is that God has a different plan for each of us. i do believe God wants most to have a partner, but in turn if you look at the failed relationships, even on the level of dating, God i am sure is displeased with most of mankind. i have found that i do not ask God for a help-mate, he knows if and when i should be blessed with that. instead when i pray to him, i give him total thanks for every part of my life, including the emptiness. the emptiness is a preparation for something God has for me when he feels i am ready. since my prayers are totally of a thankful nature, i allows me to totally focus on what he has given me, and helps with every moment of the day to see those things much better and have a deeper appreciation of them. we often lose sight of what is important because we focus to much on what we want, instead of what we have. try to find peace in your heart and mind, try to notice the little blessings God has given you, let the good works of God shine from you with appreciation of life and the blessing you have, and when it's Gods time, he will give you what he feels you need. again i know how difficult it is for you, and so does God

spiritual4him^

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 May, 2023 11:46 PM

Here's your hope! God has told me he loves to put two people together same as Adam and Eve. It was his plans to be involved from the beginning, so there is always hope that the Lord meant in his words "It is not good for man to be alone." He has proven it to me, but he also is using it as a test for us. Just like Abraham, do we love the promise more then the promise giver? I know it is hard sometimes, but once you put your full love/service into Christ and seek first the kingdom, it will come in his perfect timing. God needs time to do his good works in all of us. That is his ultimate goal. Ask the Lord to search your heart for anything he wants to improve and obey his voice....He puts the desires on our hearts, so you have a wife out there! Blessings and prayers for you on your journey!