Author Thread: Weirdest Guy Ever, No Offense
HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
Weirdest Guy Ever, No Offense
Posted : 2 Jan, 2023 08:06 PM

I started talking to this guy about a year and a half ago. We would talk but I noticed he never would ask questions about me and when I would ask questions about him, he would not answer or never go into depth about what I asked but we talked every day for like a year and a half.

Recently, I expressed that I did like talking to him to which he was shocked and said Oh I thought you saw me as a friend. I told him why would I see you as a friend if we talk everyday and he flirted with me first. He said yes I did flirt with you first. Then later on, he said he never flirted with me I don't get it. Anyways, we had the same moral values. I did notice though that he was very critical of me saying I was serious, not open (hilarious!), and he wanted to come down from out of state to meet me to see if he "liked" me. We told each other that after meeting, we would be honest with each other.

We met and would go out someplace for about 5 hrs for three days getting a meal or just walking around. We even gave each other gifts and he gave me something pertaining to the nickname he gave me. He did want to meet at a park at night which I thought was suspect but I did see him in the day. We barely talked and he was quiet literally 80% of the time.

Two days after he flew back, I messaged him. Then I sent another message near Christmas. 10 days later, he responded and said sorry I couldn't reply sooner! And said hope you had a nice Christmas.

Today, I sent one more message saying he owes me an explanation at least. What do you think this guy wanted?

FDCWillard^

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jan, 2023 10:11 PM

Seems like even he did not know what he wanted....

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jan, 2023 07:13 AM

Maybe he wanted a getaway for himself.

Some men do that when they feel they can trust a woman.

After talking over one year, he probably thought that .

I find it helpful to ask a Man, what he thinks another man thinks .

:⁠-⁠)

NarnianGirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jan, 2023 10:51 AM

Sounds like this guy really was an avoidant..

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jan, 2023 12:22 AM

I’ve had this experience too where men have messaged me to express an interest but don’t ask any questions about me. And when I ask questions about them I don’t get an answer, so the conversation never really flows. But I usually only give it 2-3 days then I’ll thank them for messaging me and wish them well. “Whatever happened to the art of conversation”…:-)

Markantonee1

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jan, 2023 09:39 PM

Idk I’ve had that happen to me as well but in this day age less and less people have human connection it’s hard for a lot of people however this is a very light situation you were very kind! Nevertheless I would like to strike a conversation with you if you like? If not it’s perfectly fine! But yes people are losing all social skills that’s a fact!

AngelsandAirrwaves^

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jan, 2023 10:01 AM

Wow, that is so odd! However, I do know what you mean in a way. I've had a few similar situations happen like that from men on here or they have very odd avoidant behaviors or just simply act as if they don't know what they want especially when you start actually wanting to see if things could go beyond friendship. Sounds kind of like this guy might have just been keeping his options open or "testing the waters" as they say. But as others have mentioned the art of conversation is lacking and that individual sounds like he didn't know what he wanted. Either way sounds like you definitely have your answer and just imagine what the future would look like with him if you were to continue on. Just too many mixed signals.

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Feb, 2023 09:07 PM

Thank you! Yes I guess you had that experience too on here like me. I never thought of it that way, maybe he was keeping his options open but yeah the mixed signals would have been super frustrating. Also, he didn't talk about anything so I assumed non-interest. Very strange indeed..

Esta2021

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Mar, 2023 11:23 AM

Why would you continue to invest your energy in someone who clearly shows you through their words and action , that he is not on the same page as you desire or wishes.

All the best