Author Thread: Married to unbelievers
WonderZzzz^

View Profile
History
Married to unbelievers
Posted : 18 Mar, 2023 09:19 AM

As we read and study the New Testament in the Bible , there comes a subject dealing with unequally yoked spouses . First of all here comes a Christian question . First , should the true Christian marry an unbeliever , and the second , is it sin to be wed unto an unbelieving person ? To the first question here comes the Biblical answer . In 2 Corinthians 6: 14 Paul strictly tells not to be equally yoked with unbelievers . Marriage with the unbelievers brings many divisions and feuds in families , due to many moral objections . Here comes the answer for the second question . To be married unto the unbeliever is not a sin . Here Paul gives instructions in 1 Corinthians 7:12-16 , when it comes with those who are unequally yoked . If a believing brother has an unbelieving wife and she wills to live with him , she is sanctified by her husband who is a believer . So , the same goes on with the believing sister and her unbelieving husband . Surely , they shouldn;t divorce according to God's principles .1 Corinthians 7:15 . When it comes that an unbeliever divorces , the believing spouse remains faithful with God and is not accountable for his or her unbelieving spouse's sin . But again . If the believing spouse commits remarriage , that's adultery . Mark 10:11-12 , Luke 16:18 , Matthew 19:9 . Any who commit sin of adultery and continue living in adulterous unions whether they are believers or not , they all will be subject for God's everlasting judgment as all unrepentant sinners . 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 .

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Married to unbelievers
Posted : 20 Mar, 2023 02:15 AM

Some of what you say makes sense but sadly and obviously you don’t understand biblical marriage or divorce and remarriage.

WonderZzzz^

View Profile
History
Married to unbelievers
Posted : 20 Mar, 2023 07:05 AM

Divorce and remarriage is clear . It is adultery and remarriage is unacceptable . Remarriage in the Bible only unto the widowed on one condition . The new mate must not be a divorcee , but bachelor or also widowed . But for adulterers , fornicators , whoremongers , homosexuals Hell is the everlasting home . Hebrews 13:4 .

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Married to unbelievers
Posted : 20 Mar, 2023 08:18 AM

Like I’m saying, I agree the Bible is clear about divorce and remarriage but here we seem to disagree on the correct biblical interpretation.

Your conclusion clearly doesn’t follow the logical rules of biblical interpretation.

You are appear to have supplied your own personal interpretation to those passages without the benefit or acknowledgement of the author’s original intended meaning.

Some of the rules of Bible interpretation are as follows. First, we observe the historical setting in which a certain passage was written and to whom it was written. We ask why was this passage written?

If the passage addresses a particular concern, we inquire about that particular concern.

We also consult the original language in which the passage was originally written and we study its grammatical structure and its application in the greater context—in which it was found.

Have you done ANY or that? Or are you simply placing your confidence in someone else’s unqualified opinion?

WonderZzzz^

View Profile
History
Married to unbelievers
Posted : 20 Mar, 2023 08:34 AM

The true Bible interpretation is one . No one can change God's everlasting principles by attempting justifying and sanitizing sins . Satan is very smart and he has perfect knowledge how to confuse people by perverting the Bible verses and rewriting the Bible like his famous heresy NIV . New International Version , I say Perversion .

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Married to unbelievers
Posted : 20 Mar, 2023 10:21 AM

Yes, Satan is cunning and crafty.

Clearly he has convinced you to overlook Holy Spirit revelation by side stepping the linguistic method applied by the Holy Spirit in understanding his word

WonderZzzz^

View Profile
History
Married to unbelievers
Posted : 20 Mar, 2023 11:34 AM

Yes , The Holy Spirit . Sadly , many Christians today are lacking The Holy Spirit . Many are being deceived by seducing spirits .

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Married to unbelievers
Posted : 20 Mar, 2023 12:03 PM

WonderZZZZ

Needs Spiritual deliverance! Stuck in his own mind sets .

Bible is not against remarriage.

WonderZzzz^

View Profile
History
Married to unbelievers
Posted : 20 Mar, 2023 04:15 PM

I am Spiritually delivered Mrs Moonlight7. In my youth I was also the same as you mislead by unspirutual deliverance believing that divorce and remarriage accepted by God . I was dead wrong and was on my way to Hell . I thanks God for awakening me . Jesus truly warned about many lukewarm churches that their blind pastors .

Alligator

View Profile
History
Married to unbelievers
Posted : 20 Mar, 2023 05:12 PM

WonderZ - i think a statement from your profile speaks volumes about your knowledge. "I am a volunteer web pastor " - to me that's equal to the late 1800's snake oil salesman.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Married to unbelievers
Posted : 20 Mar, 2023 06:33 PM

Wonder ZZZZ

You are the one mislead.

You don't understand scripture evidently.

Seek God !

Page : 1 2 3