Author Thread: This guy overmessages me, should I respond
HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
This guy overmessages me, should I respond
Posted : 14 Apr, 2023 07:55 PM

There is this guy I was talking to quite frequently on here but I notice I will reply, and then he will repeat the same message like 5 times to me. At one point, I went off the site and he made two accounts and messaged me repeatedly. I've confronted him about it and he just says it's his computer which it obviously isn't. He overmessages. So far, I've cut off contact but I will occasionally find a message pop up from him. Should I continue to ignore him?

CDFF21467^

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Apr, 2023 10:19 PM

to many red flags in my book.

CDFF21467^

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Apr, 2023 10:20 PM

to many red flags in my book.

CDFF21467^

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Apr, 2023 08:47 AM

To brake things down a little more.

Repeating what you say 5 times is rather fishy. I can't think if a good reason why someone would do that. maybe mental health problems? or not a native english speaker ???? actually it's a common tactic for romance scammers to repeat what you say.

You ghosted him, witch is a very bad sign of character BTW, but that's no excuse fir him to make new accounts to message only to lie about the new accounts.

I'm willing to bet he's a scammer or cat fisher.

I'd pass based on what you said here.

1jon310

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Apr, 2023 02:55 PM

You confronted him about his behavior and when he did not stop you ceased communication with him. (Not ghosting.) You are seeking council. Your character is intact.

Any person, be they male or female that will not take "NO" for an answer is not a person who respects boundaries. Such a person will only hurt you in the long run.

If this person is real then they should either fix their computer or at least understand that you are not comfortable with attention from them and move along.

May the Lord grant You His wisdom

CDFF21467^

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Apr, 2023 09:21 PM

@ jon, she definitely made it sound like she ghosted then confronted him after he made tbe new accounts. And a broken computer isn't going to magically make new accounts

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Apr, 2023 04:17 PM

I didn't ghost, thanks to the person who got that correct. When you confront someone and they don't listen, time to cut it off. My character has always been intact. Thanks!

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Apr, 2023 04:18 PM

Thanks to 1jon310

starksiron

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 May, 2023 11:48 PM

Always remember, there are many scammers and fake account here at cdff so be very careful with whom you communicate. God gave you a spirit of discernment.

Zimneno

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Sep, 2023 02:55 AM

The guy is a simp, move on