Author Thread: Should I just ignore and carry on
HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
Should I just ignore and carry on
Posted : 1 May, 2023 11:13 PM

I didn't know where to post this question but I'll post it here. At work, there is a man that sometimes will check in with my group and I. I've talked to him a few times but will lightly touch on subjects or he will walk away after making one comment. He usually talks to me a bit about work when I am alone but other than that we don't talk. I always make sure to say hi with a smile, make an effort to talk, and I am very pleasant and approachable. At times when I've asked for help with something he won't really help or will look or act annoyed. At times, he is nice.

I noticed he is always talking to every other girl but me. He asks one of my coworkers how her mom is doing. I got a haircut once and instead he asked my other coworker of mine when she was going to color her hair again because he liked it the other way. Recently, I got a haircut and he complimented another coworker on her new short hairstyle.

Essentially, I'm basically dust and completely ignored. I don't like him in any way romantically. I think though it is inappropriate because he is sort of a manager. I think everyone should be included and talked to, if everyone is going to be talked to.

A few side facts: I did start to ignore him a few months back and he did look surprised. I stopped attending his event that he does a few times a year and he actually stopped doing the event when I stopped going because I thought it was pointless to involve myself with people who dislike me.

Also, when he interviewed me it was for his department and I ended up picking another department I thought I would excel in. I notice he always talks to people in front of me saying he is hiring for his dept. Not sure if he has something against me because of that.

NarnianGirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 May, 2023 06:38 AM

I would say this dude is playing some sort of mind games... trying to 'neg' you to score some points.

Sadly, there are men (Christian included - I have experienced that often), who think that using some passive aggressive tactics makes them more attractive and desirable in front of a girl.

The older I get, the less I want to get involved with such immature behaviour... In general, it is a waste of time.

Nothing good would come out of trying to make him like you. That's exactly what he is trying to achieve..

Dear sister, don't waste your energy thinking of him. Deal with him whenever necessary, but don't give him any 'fuel'.. he is very inappropriate and immature.

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 May, 2023 01:47 AM

Thank you so much NarnianGirl for your kind and informative answer! You really explained it well and I do believe that is exactly what is going on.

CDFF21467^

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 May, 2023 04:50 AM

sounds like you're overthinking things, ignore and more on.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 May, 2023 08:12 PM

If you are a true follower of Jesus then you should study his life, which includes following his social responses. It’s very important to obediently adopt his way of life as your own.

To put it succinctly, every person you meet is a potential evangelism opportunity.

Evangelism is not an easy assignment.

But nowhere in Scripture are you told to “do unto others as they do unto you”. Instead, you are commanded, by your Lord, to treat others in a way consistent with biblical conduct.

As you know, each social opportunity may differ so you must proceed prayerfully and with wisdom but your social conduct should be determined biblically not necessarily on their negative response to you.

Many people will not appreciate you for doing it’s God’s way but it’s better to be hated for following Jesus than to be hated for seeking social acceptance with people who hate God