Author Thread: The Narrow and Wide Gates
Dom_64

View Profile
History
The Narrow and Wide Gates
Posted : 18 Jun, 2023 11:50 AM

Mathew 7:13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and 👉many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and 👉only a few find it.

WHO(not what) IS THE NARROW GATE? THE NARROW GATE IS A PERSON. JESUS IS THE NARROW GATE/PATH/WAY. WHEN ONE HAS BELEIVED THE GOSPEL THEY ARE FOLLOWING THE NARROW WAY. NON BELEIVERES OF FREE GRACE ARE ON THE WIDE PATH.

“I AM THE GATE; whoever enters through Me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture.”

John 10:9

Dom_64

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jun, 2023 01:48 PM

Let me help you out LittleDavid. Jesus is the (spiritual) gate by which we enter into eternal life. He is also the (spiritual) door.

Only an idiot would think He is a literal gate or door. But since you are a fault finder you had to come up with something negative to say about the truth that I posted.

Dom_64

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jun, 2023 01:54 PM

@Moonlight

Because I Believe the only infallible Word of God / Holy Bible.

It also teaches Repentance.

Evidently by your posts you don't believe the True Gospel .

So, repent and believe the gospel.

1st Corinthians 15:1-4, Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures.”

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jun, 2023 01:56 PM

DOM, now that we have clarified the fact that the English words “gate” and “people” can’t be used synonymously (unless context demands it), now let’s move on to word meanings.

For example the word “confess”.

Some English Bible translations use the English word “confess” but another translation might use the English word “declare”.

Note: the word “confess” has a fairly lengthy range of meaning. AND—don’t forget how important the role context plays in understanding the correct meaning

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jun, 2023 02:09 PM

DOM, do you know what “mixing metaphors” means⁉️⁉️⁉️

Obviously not or you wouldn’t be trying as hard to look so silly on purpose.

DOM, I’m trying to help but you’re not cooperating. Look. We’ve talked about this before. You need to cut ties with false teachers like Halo Harry‼️‼️That would help a lot.

Ok, back to “mixing metaphors”. Let’s start with the word “gate”. You seem to think, (correct me if I’m wrong), but you seem to think the word “gate” always refers to “Jesus”⁉️⁉️

Ok you’re turn to set the record straight

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jun, 2023 02:11 PM

Whoops🤣🤣😃, I mean YOUR turn 🤩😎

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jun, 2023 02:56 PM

Therefore repent and return, so that your sins maybe wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord.

Acts 3:19

fyi

Repentance is not a work.

Dom_64

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jun, 2023 03:39 PM

@Moonlight

Act 3:14  But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you; 

Act 3:15  And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses. 

PETER WAS TELLING THE JEWS TO CHANGE THEIR MINDS ABOUT NOT BELEIVING THE GOSPEL OF THE MESSIAH BUT HAD DENIED AND KILLED HIM INSTEAD. THEIR SINS WOULD BE WIPED AWAY WHEN THEY BELEIVED ON THE LORD.

REPENT AND BELIEVE THE GOSPEL. THAT'S ALL ONE NEEDDS TO DO TO BE SAVED AND FORGIVEN OF ALL SINS!

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jun, 2023 03:51 PM

According to the testimony of Scriptures in the Word of God, repentance is absolutely necessary in salvation . Only those who repent and turn from their sin and trust in Jesus Christ will be saved.

I totally disagree with You.

Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jun, 2023 04:15 PM

Dom you only want to have your ears tickled and not hear the true gospel. You can't use God's grace to approve of your sin according to Romans 6. Also read Matthew 9:9-13 and other Scriptures in the New Testament about confession and repentance working together to bring a person to Jesus Christ. You are being used by the devil to decieve others into a false gospel and confession and repentance continue after a person comes to Faith in Christ. Am i perfect? Far from it. But there's a difference between sinning everyday and living in a deliberate willful lifestyle of sin. I am rebuking you in love as a brother in the LORD because i care about you and so does Jesus. I pray you heed the voice of the Holy Spirit and choose to repent of your sin!! I am not saying what you want to hear but preaching what the Bible says!

Page : 1 2