Author Thread: They say being rich and good looking makes it easy.
thatguy93a^

View Profile
History
They say being rich and good looking makes it easy.
Posted : 11 Jul, 2023 10:22 AM

It’s definitely doesn’t help, the second they find out you have money they only care just enough to get your money. And good looks lol, people will only like you for your looks and not for who you are.

So if you’re poor, short, ugly don’t worry about it because it doesn’t matter, people will go to whatever lengths it takes to find a flaw in you.

It’s better to be poor and ugly then it is to be used to only liked for your looks.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jul, 2023 06:24 AM

Everyone is a “friend” of the rich and beautiful‼️‼️

Proverbs 19:4 Wealth attracts many “friends”, but even the closest “friend” of the poor person deserts them.

Remember the prodigal son. Everyone “loved” him until he ran outa money‼️‼️

WeddingDJ^

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jul, 2023 07:43 AM

God did not make ugly

WeddingDJ^

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jul, 2023 07:47 AM

It is likely evil and sin that causes "ugly" .

As for poor, there are many proverbs that address that.

Proverbs 6:10-11

English Standard Version

10 A little sleep, a little slumber,

a little folding of the hands to rest,

11 and poverty will come upon you like a robber,

and want like an armed man.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jul, 2023 06:02 PM

Yes, you’re right. When speaking about original creation, there was nothing bad, no ugly and no poor. But remember the Proverbs were written as generalities meaning they are generally true. For example, no one could have been more obedient that Abel but he died early. Same with many Christian martyrs. Yet Cain lived a much longer life and appeared prosperous.

But when sin entered the world the bad results of disobedience came upon us. Bas results came upon us👉at the very hand of God👈

We might have lived for ever in sin.

Remember in the account of Adam and Eve. After they sinned, God pronounce the death sentence. Furthermore, he denied them access to the Tree of Life because he did not want them to live forever on earth.

Genesis 3:21 The Lord God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them. 22 And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He 👉👉must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.”👈👈23 So the Lord God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken. 24 After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side of the Garden of Eden 👉👉cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life👈👈.

As a result of universal disobedience that began in the Garden, people are not always formed perfectly and pretty at birth 👉through no fault of their own👈. Others are born beautiful but sometimes use their God given beauty in dishonor of God.

Some are born poor without ever an opportunity for gaining wealth.

God says he is the one who gives the power to gain wealth. But some righteous people who work hard may remain poor all their lives while false teachers and lazy wicked people get rich.

FDCWillard^

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jul, 2023 02:14 AM

The same thing is true for woman, only beauty matters more then.

It's all about animal instinct, if you have what others want then they will persue that, persuing you at the same time is a bonus. No one can see you, they see your assets... so why would they persue what they don't even know exists?

Sure you can rant and the race about the injustice of it all or you can accept it as it is and be sensible about it. Of course if you had all those things you would not be enviously raving about it on a free site...

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Aug, 2023 05:49 AM

FDCWillard

Good response!😀

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Sep, 2023 03:44 PM

I was married for 28 years to a Christian woman with whom I loved dearly and thought she loved me in the same way. I found out she only cared for me as long as I was able to impress her so when I had some health problems come up my days were numbered.

Can anyone say hypergamy?

NotSettlingYet^

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Sep, 2023 01:08 PM

Men usually are cast aside if they can't provide and protect or lead anymore. If one of those three are lacking, women tend to leave.

This will eventually backfire as the future will not be kind to these women. They will not manage to secure themselves any better man than the one they left, and they will end up alone, or divorced several times before ending up alone.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Sep, 2023 02:38 PM

There's nothing wrong with hypergamy most women these days work. So it makes perfect sense to want to meet a man in a similar wage bracket or higher..:-)

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Sep, 2023 02:54 PM

Hypergamy is a problem when it's used after you're married.

Page : 1 2