Author Thread: 🤔🤔 should christians celebrate halloween ❓❓🎃🎭
homelesschristian

View Profile
History
🤔🤔 should christians celebrate halloween ❓❓🎃🎭
Posted : 11 Oct, 2023 03:02 PM

the answer is simple: Yes and No. Let’s look at the negative first.

the Christian is not to be involved with or support the occult. witchcraft, demonism, or any other thing that uplifts the occult. To do so is to contradict God’s word, dabble in the demonic, and invite judgment from God. If a Halloween celebration is centered on demons, devils, spirits, etc., I would say don’t have anything to do with it.

On the other hand, it isn’t wrong to dress up in a costume and go door-to-door saying “Trick or Treat.” Provided that the costume isn’t demonic, I can’t see anything wrong with this. It’s just fun for the kids.

Take a look at the Christmas tree. It was originally an ancient fertility symbol. Yet, it has become a representation of Christmas and the place where gifts are placed. Are the Christians then paying homage to an ancient pagan fertility god? Not at all. They do not consider it pagan and are simply joining in a cultural event and giving no honor to anything unscriptural.

Think about this. In the Bible in 1 Cor. 10:23-33, Paul speaks about meat sacrificed to idols. This meat was often sold in the meat market; and the question arose, “Should a Christian eat such meat?”

Paul said in verse 25, “Eat anything that is sold in the meat market, without asking questions for conscience’ sake.” This is most interesting. He says it is okay to eat the meat bought in the market place even though that meat may have been sacrificed to idols.

Then in verses 28-29 he says, “But if anyone should say to you, ‘This is meat sacrificed to idols,’ do not eat it, for the sake of the one who informed you, and for conscience’ sake; 29 I mean not your own conscience, but the other man’s; for why is my freedom judged by another’s conscience?” (NASB). Paul is saying that if you find out the meat was sacrificed to idols, don’t eat it–not because of you but because of the other person. In other words, eating that meat won’t affect you. But, it may affect the attitude of another who does not understand the freedom the Christian has in Christ.

Is it any different with Halloween (or Christmas)? No. Even though Halloween has pagan origins and because of your freedom in Christ, you and/or your kids can dress up in costumes and go door-to-door and just have fun. However, if you are not comfortable with doing this, then you should not. If you know of a person who would be hindered by doing it, then you shouldn’t either

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Oct, 2023 07:59 AM

Whatever one believes about these holidays is understood but one thing is clear. Christians should use all available opportunities of reaching out to people for the Kingdom‼️‼️‼️

Imagine having children from the neighborhood come direct to your door to hear a about the creator God who made them‼️‼️‼️‼️

INTRIGUING inspiring messages about the God who saves doesn’t need to be lengthy theological discourses in such cases. Keep in mind, all you’re doing is planting a simple seed in these children’s minds. Christians should become aware of the many ways and means of sharing Jesus including precise concise impactful 1or2 sentence sharing‼️‼️

Yes, use these holidays as teachable moment opportunities‼️‼️‼️

homelesschristian

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Oct, 2023 08:52 AM

Very good observations bro David and soon I will post ways Christians celebrate Halloween and share the good news of Jesus Christ ‼️

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Oct, 2023 09:04 AM

EXCELLENT‼️‼️‼️🙏🙏‼️‼️

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Oct, 2023 06:52 PM

I think Halloween is the Devil's Holiday; I think candy is partaking like communion, Mass and the Eucharist.

I once was invited to a Halloween alternative at a church. There was Dracula dressed with blood going down his cheek and they played a movie one created as a pun on the Son of Sam. I do not think such things should exist in the church. I was disappointed by the gathering.

austin93a^

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Oct, 2023 07:35 PM

yikes, I would have walked out, no church should be celebrating satins holiday

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Nov, 2023 08:59 AM

Some men have a forum of godliness. Trying to teach things that are not Bible based.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Nov, 2023 09:02 AM

Whatever are you talking about⁉️⁉️ A “forum” of godliness⁉️⁉️⁉️🤣😂😇

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Nov, 2023 07:44 AM

Just about every time she who I will not name writes something on here she shows how foolishly she thinks.

I ask Jesus to wake her up from her delusions, In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Nov, 2023 02:08 PM

🙏amen🙏