Author Thread: Is age an issue
Yochanan1948

View Profile
History
Is age an issue
Posted : 21 Nov, 2023 09:25 AM

if a person is healthy is age an issue some of us are healthier than some that are younger than we are so should we put age limit of love is it possible that we limiting God. after all as Christians should we not look beyond the outside appearance not saying they don't play a part but at 47 I'm looking for a Proverbs 31 wife if your looking to spend the rest of your life with someone looks fade it's not my desire to offend just desiring feed back thx

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Is age an issue
Posted : 21 Nov, 2023 01:18 PM

For most age is an issue. I'm 61 and would rather be with a women much younger than me. Is that likely to happen? Nope.

You will find that most women especially the older ones like to call men creepy for their attraction to younger women. It's not surprising they act that way since men and women are attracted to different things and most women try to project a lot of what they find attractive onto men.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Is age an issue
Posted : 21 Nov, 2023 06:41 PM

Age preferences should be an issue between the two people considering marriage.

Trouble is, too many people wanna be God for everybody else.

There is absolutely NO biblical prohibition regarding age.

Boaz and Ruth married. Although age differences between the two are not recorded we can deduce differences from the narrative.

But here’s something God thinks about busybodies nosing in on other people’s marriages. Read about Moses’s marriage to a Cushite woman and the dust up that ensued when Moses’s sister Mariam complained about it.

Biblical marriage old man young woman

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Is age an issue
Posted : 21 Nov, 2023 08:17 PM

Age and health are both an issue for me I didn’t want to date a man in his 40s when I was in my 20s & I don’t want a man in his 70s now I’m in my 50s…:-)

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Is age an issue
Posted : 23 Nov, 2023 10:28 AM

You’re right. The closer in age the better

According to some statisticians greater age differences between couples often correlates to higher divorce rates.

As for strangers meeting strangers, I believe marriage counseling is and should be a MOST highly recommended priority especially for those online friendships considering wedlock

Edamame2023^

View Profile
History
Is age an issue
Posted : 1 Dec, 2023 07:26 AM

Physical age is a personal preference. What I believe that is more valuable is the spiritually maturity/compatibility.

LittleDavid is right, there is no biblical restriction on age differences for marriage, and as with comparison to those in the old testament, they lived a much longer earthly life than we do now. 30 years difference may not mean anything as compared to the 30 years we have in our life. Just saying.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Is age an issue
Posted : 1 Dec, 2023 11:05 AM

Great post‼️‼️

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Is age an issue
Posted : 1 Dec, 2023 04:25 PM

Back in Biblical times young and old lived very sheltered lives and all ages shared pretty much the same experiences day in & day out so age gaps didn't keep them from relating to each other.

Nowadays 20 years is a world of difference in relatability between people. Couple that with the disrespect the younger generation has for the older generation and that age gap will be ever present.

NotSettlingYet^

View Profile
History
Is age an issue
Posted : 1 Dec, 2023 10:31 PM

Age is an issue when one person has an age limit on their dating preferances, and the other person insists on being allowed to date the first person despite being outside of the first persons age range. This happens a lot. Not sure how it goes for men, but for women like myself willing to date men up to 10 years older, or 4 years younger, men not only a year or two outside of my age range, but maybe 5-10 years outside of it get's irritated for me having a preferance not wanting to date someone on my fathers age, or someone much younger.

I guess men too can experience some of the same, although most men at the age of 30+ are willing to date women 1-10 years younger than themselves, not all men in their thirties would consider women close to or in their 40s as they are mainly looking for women of child bearing age. This makes a lot of sence. If men are in their 50s their chances of getting women of child bearing age are getting slim unless the man is extremely handsome, rich, powerful ect. The former British prime minister Boris Johnson had a young girlfriend who bore him 2 kids and married him during his time in the office. He was no dreamboat, but being the prime minister is definately making an older man more attractive due to his high income and influence.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Is age an issue
Posted : 1 Dec, 2023 11:46 PM

That’s right, us old guys need them young ladies around to appreciate our humor.

I’m 133 and still looking for an 18 year old because that’s how quick it takes before they get bored with my humor and run away 🤣😃🤣😃😇

My only asset is I’m working on my 2nd million. That’s because I 👉👉gave up👈👈 on my first mil‼️‼️🤣😂🤣😂😇😃

FDCWillard^

View Profile
History
Is age an issue
Posted : 4 Dec, 2023 03:14 AM

There is one very broad rule of thumb, a man devides his age by 2 and adds 7 which give the minimum age of a woman with who a relationship will work. For a woman you merely reverse the calculation by subtracting 7 and multiplying by 2 to get the best maximum in age for a man with who a relationship will work.

Any coupling with a woman the same age or older than the man has a higher risk of failure the higher the difference.

Page : 1 2 3