Author Thread: Anyone celibate or abstinent?
GodGirl00

View Profile
History
Anyone celibate or abstinent?
Posted : 15 Dec, 2023 11:48 PM

What are bedroom rules for dating as a Christian?

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Mar, 2024 09:59 AM

True of married couples as well. Who knows what they do in private? A married couple may have among the most celibate abstinent relationships on earth.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Mar, 2024 10:16 AM

Sex in a marriage is every important to most couples but it is not to outweigh Love .

When you get older it maybe become less important.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Mar, 2024 10:32 AM

As determined by who?

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Mar, 2024 11:22 AM

Yes that’s true of married couples too but I was thinking more of those who profess abstinence, then have a speedy wedding because there’s a baby coming.

“ A married couple may have among the most celibate abstinent relationships on earth”

I have to say I think that’s very sad

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Mar, 2024 11:23 AM

Sexless and single is fine sexless & married not so much…:-)

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Mar, 2024 11:23 AM

Health issues play a part in most things along with age about sex drives.

Much Health information out there on Internet searches. Plus sex drives and why they decrease .

Also One can always ask their medical doctor .

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Mar, 2024 12:32 PM

Some people just don't want sex and some of those people are married.

Now days, a man can't approach his wife without getting permission. Husbands may be charged with rape. The Bible speaks of mutual consent (1 Cornthians 7:15), but normally it is one-sided.

I think of an old grandma who was a renter of mine. She told me about this woman who visited town and was covered in expensive jewelry. The woman was jovial and entertained with others with her story. The woman prided herself in having had five husbands. None of which she was still married too. She married ALL for wealth every one she married. She had one child. She prided herself that none of the husbands she had married were the dad.

Anyway, what we get in marriage may be different than what we are told.

It is good for abstinence and celibacy. But not in marriage. But in those situations, I could be wrong. Maybe it is very good for a man not to touch his wife. I just wonder how many that have a celibate marriage. With the world getting worse, may be it is better that everyone is celibate.

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Mar, 2024 06:40 PM

WNT if two people agree ahead of time that when they go out that it's not with the intention of starting a romantic relationship I see less harm in that but still, are we not to give others the impression something improper is going on?

And when your sister went out on all these dates did she tell every one of these men she had absolutely no romantic feelings for them and it was never going to lead to anything?

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Mar, 2024 07:36 PM

My sister is more talkative than I am, so I am certain she said quite a lot. The least proper thing she did was living with a guy for many years. Her landlady died, so she needed another place. He anticipated marriage, so welcomed her in. They then grew apart and after many years, he moved her out. I did not think it was proper she lived with him. There was no hanky panky and they slept in separate rooms. But things certainly did not go the way of marriage. Finally, he kicked her out. He was then fast to marry a divorced woman who had a very beautiful daughter that had a wonderful pro-life message posted on youtube. My sister was devastated. How could he? But how could she live there 10 years and not marry him? I call my sister the Virgin Mary. She was named Mary. So I do feel she had played him wrong for sure. The others, she showed a favor by not marrying them. It was better FRIENDS ONLY!

silver761

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Apr, 2024 07:52 PM

"Stay out of the bedroom until your married."

I agree.

Page : 1 2