Author Thread: How "Christian" should a man be?
gracealone

View Profile
History
How "Christian" should a man be?
Posted : 24 May, 2008 08:49 PM

I'm curious as to how serious a christian man do you gals want? I'm begining to believe that the majority of women want a "christian" guy as long as he's not overly devoted. I wonder how many women would be okay if the man they are out and about with started witnessing to someone in public. I am simply curious, nothing more. Have a great day!

sonshine1950

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 May, 2008 01:26 PM

Speaking just for myself...I would think that this man really had a heart for God and for people and not just in word! As long as it was done in love and not to judge or criticize and didn't go on too long. It would impress me in a good way! Sonshine1950

lindseyann

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 May, 2008 08:36 PM

In my opinion, I'm not sure if there is a such thing as overly devoted. Everyone's faith differs. That's obvious. But I think it's important for a guy not to hold back because he's scared or nervous about letting that faith show. With that said, he also shouldn't act like his faith is something more than it really is. I think most women just want real faith. The measure is secondary. Most women want a man they can pray with, discuss the Lord with, and go to church with. For me, a guy must live a Christian lifestyle with Christian values. All in all, an honest faith is best.

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 May, 2008 09:20 AM

Here's the problem with this subject that I've ran into with a few of my relationships:

Some "Christian" women (especially the cute ones that I've dealt with) want the romatacizm that comes with faith. Wanting to believe that a less than sexually physical relationship is possible through men of honest faith. But, after you shed the layer, get comfortable, they tend to expect more physical out of it... It's hard to say... "Wait, we talked about this, we aren't going to do it the worlds way..." And that has ultimately led to a test of faith.

kidvid711

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 May, 2008 09:47 AM

That is true. Christianity and Sexuality does have a conflict. Its either we take part of the world and be like everyone else. Or we can do things the right way.

MonaThomas

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jun, 2008 09:40 AM

Honestly, if I knew a guy my age who loved wittnessing, I mean really loved it, I would definately be attracted to him. Unfortunately, most of the guys I know are more interested in having fun with their friends than winning souls.

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jun, 2008 01:42 PM

gracealone, If a man is considered by a woman he is with to be "too Christian", RUN! How can a man, who is appointed by God as the spiritual leader, be too devoted? The world offers us such goodies doesn't it? I mean to find a TRULEY Godly man, not one that "acts" Godly, but sincerely given to God, in all manner, is a REAL big blessing! And, keep your eyes open, and you will know when that right woman is in your life, for if you remain faithful, the Lord will show you who she is! AND, when He does, don't let small squabbles and nit picky stuff keep you from her! I am an advocate of the fact that the Lord picks the perfect one, and sometimes, because of our own selfish ways turn our heads and seem to think there may be just a little better one around the corner. If you do that, you may just be there for quite a while, for when the Lord gives and we refuse, well, that isn't a good thing! Don't ever refuse the gift that God sends!

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jun, 2008 02:29 PM

I've never done this before, so I apologize if it's not the right protocol. In answer to your question, I think each woman is different. My personality is such that it would depend on the situation -- is it "appropriate" to be witnessing to this person? Is the Holy Spirit leading you to do that? Is it done with grace and love? Is it done in humility? Those would all be things I would consider before witnessing to someone -- especially on a date. Hope that helps.

hedgedweller

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jun, 2008 03:22 AM

gracealone, said witnessing to someone,what would they think?

In everything I do, do it with all my heart, not forcing myselve on no one, but with the leading of Gods spirit we offe pearls of God to those who are his children and purhaps lost and never casting them same pearls before the ones who trample under the bread of god.

If she cant live with that kind of man,, then she isnt the right knid of woman. w

I hope We are not talking about a religious man but one who is in love and lead by Gods spirit,,, big difference!

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jun, 2008 06:20 AM

Interesting topic. If it was me, I wouldn't say a word, but just close my eyes and pray for both of them.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jun, 2008 09:17 AM

As far as I'm concerned...He needs to be the "real thing."

A man after God's own heart. I don't think you can be too Christian if you have the heart and mind of Christ.

strawberi50

Page : 1 2 3