Author Thread: How "Christian" should a man be?
gracealone

View Profile
History
How "Christian" should a man be?
Posted : 24 May, 2008 08:49 PM

I'm curious as to how serious a christian man do you gals want? I'm begining to believe that the majority of women want a "christian" guy as long as he's not overly devoted. I wonder how many women would be okay if the man they are out and about with started witnessing to someone in public. I am simply curious, nothing more. Have a great day!

SusieQ8

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jun, 2008 11:22 AM

I would love to be with a man who took the opportunity to witness while on a date! I have participated in crusades, training, counseling, praying, and following-up with people. I have been known to stop my plans and the plans of my companions to take time to minister. I call it the highways and byways ministry of a servant footsoldier. You get no glory, no credit, no name, and no title here on earth but the rewards in the spirit and again in heaven...

My ex-husband use to be embarrassed by my public willingness and berate me for sharing the Gospel, giving an answer, or praying with a stranger. (Yes, he considers himself to be a Christian). He had issues about me being a woman and not speaking spiritually in his presence. Like I wasn't worthy just because I was female to speak the WORD.

Sometimes it's those closest that...

I am thankful anyway because through it all; I drew close to the LORD, learned HIS WORD, experienced HIS goodness, many opportunities to share the wonderful LOVE, faithfulness, and character (names) of GOD, my ABBA, Father.

SO, My concern would be whether the man would mind if I shared my faith, too? It would end-up being a yoking issue.

"Go, therefore, and preach the Gospel to every living creature," right?

May spiritual blessings abound to you and yours!!! :yay:

Susan

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jun, 2008 01:39 PM

He "should" be as "Christian" as he is and striving onward. As should she. Some are positioned on the path such that witnessing on a date is comfortable - others are not. Some are of a different belief about witness (disciples or converts discussion) or a different denominational belief about sidewalk witnessing. I think the problem comes when their position on the path is not close enough to each other. Some seperation represents a stretch but too much a possible breach. Sounds like it could be useful as part of the initial conversations :-)

Cory

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Jun, 2008 03:43 PM

i agree with LindseyAnn.

tlrkat

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jun, 2008 09:13 PM

If I were out with a man that started witnessing to someone, I would be praying that what he said were the words God gave him nothing more and nothing less. This is our purpose in life, to bring others into the kingdom with us. It would be a sad day to go alone in front of Christ and have nothing to show for our life here on earth.

Probably there are many women that would be embaresed. That is sad!

Never change who you are in Christ to please a person!

spachurchgirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jul, 2008 04:05 PM

I think that a man who TRULY loves the Lord and isn't afraid to let me know is awesome. That tells me alot. If he has his own true relationship with God then it won't be like pulling teeth to get him to attend services, witness or do work in the vineyard together - because he will WANT to do these things. Witnessing in public? It happens all of the time and as long as someone is led of the Lord to do it, it's not a problem. It wouldn't bother me on a date. Being sexually physical in a relationship? Regardless of different points of view, the fact according to the Word of God remains the same, Pre Maritial Sex is out of the question if we want to please God. As one of my good friends in ministry says, "Start out the way that you want to end up." Lay down the rules in the beginning and stick to them at all costs. :angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jul, 2008 03:11 AM

I think it's interesting that we think we can grade christianity?!

Either you are a christian or you are not.. Tha rest is for God to figure out.

Then there are personal details such as I myself am going into full time ministry later on and I would need a man that could deal with that. A lot of so called good christian men wouldn't.

We're all rapped up in this skrewed Jerry Mcguire - You complete me :rolleyes:, thinking that just kills me.

I don't want to live with someone because I can't live without them.. I want to be with someone because besides the details I WANT to.

Why are people so stressed out on figureing out who is good and who is not - newsflash people - We have all sinned and come short of the glory of God.

So to answer your question.. It's nor biblical just human -

Woman will never admit this - We want a guy that will listen, love, support, be them selves, preferably not gay, has a good heart whatever that means.. - It's all BS. we really don't know what we want till we've seen it :)

So stop trying to change who you are - work on your personal relationship with God and He'll lead you to who he finds compatable with you :)

God bless your socks off!!

/Aleczandra

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jul, 2008 09:01 PM

Nothing is more attractive in a man than the boldness and confidence to act out his faith by sharing it with a lost person. To me, it demonstrates the depth of his relationship with God. It also shows me where his priorities are. Is he more concerned about impressing me or God? Trust me, a man (or woman) can't be "too Christian."

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jul, 2008 01:18 PM

Eveybody should be himself without being afraid to expose as he is, because you need to know and to be known exactly as you are. Second, one should choose a partner with the same feelings, at the same level, if no, problems will come.

wfblessing

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Jul, 2008 06:19 PM

Devoted ladies who really want to serve Christ want a man who is truely Christian. This doesn't have to mean witnessing to everyone you see, but it does mean someone who loves God, is not afraid to worship Him, talk about Him, read the Word and attend church regularly, is willing to pray together and seek God's will first for his life. Also, gentlemanly, masculine attributes as well as a the fruits of the Spirit (as listed in Galatians). This sounds like a lot, but we are not looking for perfection in these areas, just willingness and progress. Best wishes!

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Aug, 2008 08:45 AM

Very good point Gracealone! I see way too much of the world on here myself. I think most people have sort of a watered down theology where going to church is just "enough". I had a close friend who used to be on here say she would "just be happy with a man that had a college degree and went to church every week" and she was the church secretary! I am sorry but I want more than that folks. A man has to love the Lord with all his heart, soul, and mind. That would then mean the man would be fixed upon the Lord and doing His business. All of us need to have the Lord as our focus in this life or we are just taking wasting time. If you are a Christian, there should be no other joy that compares than having your life centered on God. "Christian" should mean "Christ follower". Only the Bible gives us the accurate portrayal of who this Christ person is. If I follow Him, I should pattern my life after Him as much as possible. We all fail miserably, but we should be trying.

As far as the sex issue that another brother wrote of how Christian women "say" they want to abstain but later prove different, we shouldn't. It isn't easy after having been married and eaten ice cream. It's a lot easier not to crave it if you've never tasted of it. But, no matter the circumstances, it CAN be done. I think we sugar-coat sin sometimes and give them less degrees of severity. I have done this myself so I am not wagging any fingers at anyone. But, this is not what God has for us! His ways are higher than ours and He isn't just a big meanie in the sky with nothing but rules. He loves us more than anyone else will ever love us and wants our best interest at heart. He wants to protect us and abstaining from premarital sex is definitely one of His rules of protection for our hearts and our bodies. God is good, all the time!

Page : 1 2 3