Author Thread: Are there any REAL men left out there???
Admin

Are there any REAL men left out there???
Posted : 12 Jun, 2008 08:56 PM

There seems to be a epidemic passing through everyone of the male gender. There are way too many guys who seem to prefer to have the girl persue them. Almost every profile I've looked at has said something about how they want a real woman who is like those in the Bible. They want the woman to be the weaker vessel (as we should be) but then they won't be the one to persue. Then they wonder why the girl won't talk to them. Why is everyone expecting the girl to make the first move or start/lead the conversation? I would realy like to know if there is anyone left out there who is going to be the man that God made them to be and not make the women lead!?!

TheScientist

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jul, 2008 11:08 PM

Biblically - and with Christ's love I share what I have now learned from dating sites (especially Christian dating sites).

God created Eve...Adam did not have to pursue her - God brought Eve to Adam.

A man that "pursues" a woman is pursuing his fleshly desire - his lust and this is how a man gets into REAL TROUBLE.

A woman pursuing a man is also tilted because she is again not allowing God to work in her life and show her the man God has for her.

A man that is abusive is NOT walking God's walk or with God because the fruits of the Spirit are kindess, gentleness, patience, longsuffering and a whole lot more culminating in love; Christ's love not worldly fleshly love.

And being abusive is not only physical abuse it is verbal abuse...anyone - especially a man who needs to talk macho is not walking with God - he acting the part of the prodigal.

Christ had no reason to talk abusive to anyone and the closest words Christ used which were rebuking words were words to the entrenched hypocrites and Satan himself; not to Christian sisters and brothers.

Whenever I encounter a war-mongering, tough guy, swaggering with macho bravado, I know he is not only not walking with God, but his soul is insecure and unrestful and NOT depending on Jesus Christ; his own will and fleshly mind, rather a renewed mind in Christ.

The more a man walks with the Lord, the quieter and gentler he becomes every day because he knows he does not have to fight any battle but the spiritual battle to control himself and allow Christ to take over more and more of his daily walk; with his wife, his family, his friends and at work and with strangers as he shares the Gospel with them.

The more a man in Christ spends his time in prayer and supplication for others, this man will according to God's divine structure and creation will be given by Christ the position of as leader, his divine order of leadership is stand as an spiritual intercessor, praying for others.

Psa 1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

Psa 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

Psa 1:3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Psa 1:4 The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.

Psa 1:5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

Psa 1:6 For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

This is the God given promise of how a man must walk. Abuse and wordly tough talk is not of the Lord and it shall not only wither away, it is cut like dead branches out of the Body of Christ, and not by man, but God himself.

The character of a Christian man is the man who uses his time wisely praying for the spiritual health. well-being and Christ's will for others; especially his spouse and children which the Lord has given him. Look at Noah and Abraham's prayers for his family. The character of Moses was that he was an intercessor for the people of Israel. And this is very important gone are the Old Testament times of warfare, the New Covenant clearly states we wrestle with spiritual principalities and powers of darkness, not taking up the sword against others.

The true character of a Christian MAN who is given by God and earned the right to leadership is the man who spends his time in the Bible and in prayer.

Look at the life, in particular, the prayer life of Jesus, he spent his time praying for his disciples, and a Christian man's covering and leadership of his family is to pray for their spiritual welfare and God's will in their life.

I think I have shared with you (and the rest of the group) what I have learned from walking with the Lord and when I was not walking with Lord (even though I had accepted Christ as my Savior, but still had to learn to walk with him).

I pray for you, and all of those here that read these words that this will, according to God's will, fall on the fertile soil of the heart and within the Body of the Christ.

We have been watching too much television and marketing and macho-terminator mind-set which has infected a false-pagan-image of manliness and it is this image which has caused so much strife in broken families, abandoned children, fatherless families, lonely women, and host of marital maladies eating away at the Body of Christ.

The character of ten righteous men, leaders in Christ, is that you will see them individually and together joining in prayer on a moment-by-moment, daily and regular basis.

Male Christian leadership KNOWS that prayer, fasting and standing in the gap as Christ bore his cross is what we are required and called to do.

Righteous men have no problem carrying the cross Christ has given us to bear for others.

In Jesus Christ, our Lord, I will remain in prayer for us all, and request the men here will join in doing the same.

It is in doing this that those who hear Christ's calling for us as men in the Body of Christ, carrying our cross, praying and fasting for others that the REAL MAN Christ yearns and calls us to grows in his grace and calling.

It is here in this truth that we stand together as Christians in these end times.

May Christ bless and protect each of you and help you grow in his will and light.

I remain looking forward to meeting all of you in heaven,

John

living4more

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Dec, 2008 01:47 AM

MUSTANGGAL07,

IF IT IS GODLY MARRIAGE YOU SEEK OR A GODLY HUSBAND, YOUSHOULD FIRST BE A WOMAN OF THE BIBLE NOT MEANING THE WEAKER OR MORE POWERFUL SEX I MEAN A WOMAN WHO STUDIES THE WORD OF GOD. AFTER YOUDIG INTO HIS WORD YOU WILL STUDY AND SHOW YOURSELF APPROVED UNTO GOD AND HE WILL BLESS YOU. SEEK GOD AND HE WILL GIVE YOU THE DESIRES OF YOUR HEART.

living4more

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Dec, 2008 05:06 AM

MY PRIOR POST REPLY WAS SENT BEFORE I WAS FINISHED. I AM SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE, ALTHOUGH I DECIDED TO LET IT BE AND GO ON ABOUT MY BUSINESS. GOD HAD OTHER PLANS AS MANY PEOPLE KNOW HIS PLANS ARE NOT THE SAME AS OUR PLANS.(IF U WANT 2 MAKE GOD LAUGH TELL HIM YOUR PLANS.. =) .. )LOL.. WELL BLESSED BE GOD WHO HAS BETTER PLANS THAN WE COULD EVER IMAGINE. HIS PERSPECTIVE IS FAR BEYOND OURS. (ISAIAH 55:8-9) SINCE HE CAN SEE THE PAST,PRESENT,AND FUTURE AT ONCE AND ALL WE CAN SEEM TO SEE, IS RIGHT NOW(WHAT IS IN FRONT OF OUR FACE),IT WOULD SEEM LOGICAL TO ASK HIM FOR HIS INSIGHT (IN PRAYER). (COLOSSIANS 1:15-25) WELL, THIS IS WHAT I TRY TO DO, BEFORE I WRITE,WALK,TALK OR ATTEMPT TO SPEAK INTO SOMEONE ELSE'S LIFE. I THINK THIS IS THE LEAST I CAN DO, BEFORE I OPEN MY MOUTH AND PRESUME TO SPEAK HIS WORD OF TRUTH AND APPLY IT TO THE SITUATION AT HAND. (ISAIAH 55:11 )THIS IS WHAT I DID BEFORE I REPLIED TO YOUR POST/BLOG ," ARE THERE ANY REAL MEN LEFT OUT THERE?" APPARENTLY, I DIDN'T EXPRESS GODS VIEW POINT ON THE SUBJECT(HE WASNT SATISFIED WITH THE REPLY LEFT HOW IT WAS). TO BE COMPLETLY HONEST I KNOW I DIDN'T, BECAUSE IT WAS SENT BEFORE I FINISHED. WHAT I DIDNT KNOW IS THAT GOD WOULDN'T LET ME REST UNTIL I FIXED IT. WELL ALL THAT TO SAY WHAT GOD WANTS ME TO SAY FULLY ON THE SUBJECT AT HAND. FIRST THINGS FIRST, IF IT IS A GODLY HUSBAND OR GODLY RELATIONSHIP YOU SEEK, YOU WILL NOT GET IT. GODS' STANDARDS ARE LAW(WHAT HE SPOKE IN THE ATMOSPHERE, HIS PRINCIPLES DO NOT CHANGE). HE TELLS YOU IN HIS WORD, HOW TO LIVE HIS WAY AND BE PROSPEROUS(LIVING A GOOD LIFE, LACKING NOTHING). JESUS IS THE SPOKEN WORD(THE BIBLE)MADE FLESH. JOHN 1:1 ...SO, IF YOU TRUTHFULLY WANT TO LIVE THE WAY YOU DESIRE, YOU NEED JESUS TO FULLFILL THAT NEED OR DESIRE. HE IS THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE. JOHN 14:6 ... WE PERISH FROM LACK OF KNOWLEDGE. HOSEA 4:6 ..... SO, TO BE ALIVE, LIVING LIFE TO THE FULL AND OVERFLOWING, WE MUST LEARN HIS WORD. IF WE STUDY TO SHOW OURSELVES APPROVED ( 2 TIMOTHY 2:15) I BELIEVE IT WILL BE THE BEGINNING OF A LOVING GODLY RELATIONSHIP. WHEN YOU RENEW YOUR MIND WITH HIS WORD, HIS SPIRIT BEGINS TO TRANSFORM YOU INTO A BRIDE, HIS BRIDE. (ROMANS 12:2, DO NOT CONFORM ANY LONGER TO THE PATTERN OF THIS WORLD BUT BE TRANSFORMED BY THE RENEWING OF YOUR MIND.) THERE IS A CERTAIN WAY THE WORLD PORTRAYS A WIFE/HUSBAND RELATIONSHIP,LOVE,BEAUTY,FRIENDS,FUN,JOY,SUCCESS,ETC... BUT THE WORLDS VIEW OF NORMAL GOALS AND DESIRES, IS EMPTY WHEN YOU GET TO THE TOP OF THAT WHICH YOU WERE AIMING, YOU ARE STILL LEFT UNFULLFILLED AND DISSATISFIED. SO, MY SUGGESTION IS YOU LOOK TO THE MAKER OF THE WORLD AND HE THAT CREATED YOU AND YOUR DESIRES. HE PROMISES THAT HE WILL ADD ALL OF THESE THINGS IF YOU SEEK HIM FIRST.(MATTHEW 6:19-33) WHEN YOU SET YOUR LOVE ON GOD HE PROMISES TO SATISFY YOU WITH LONG LIFE. *(SATISFY IS FULLFILLING ALL DESIRES LEAVING NO WANTS OR NEEDS UNMEET.)(PSALMS 91:14-16) ANOTHER VERSION ON PS. 91:14-16..., "THE LORD SAYS, BECAUSE HE IS DEVOTED TO ME I WILL DELIVER HIM; I WILL PROTECT HIM BECAUSE HE IS LOYAL TO ME WHEN HE CALLS OUT TO ME, I WILL ANSWER HIM. I WILL BE WITH HIM WHEN HE IS IN TROUBLE. HAVE YOU EVER FELT LIKE GOD DIDN'T HEAR YOUR PRAYERS OR HE LEFT YOU WITH NOTHING OR HE DIDN'T EVEN CARE ABOUT WHAT YOU WANTED OR NEEDED; WELLTHE PREVIOUS SCRIPTURE ALONG WITH THIS ONE DEFINATELY ERASED THOSE THOUGHTS FROM ME IT IS.. PHILIPPIANS 4:6-7 ...IT SAYS, NOT TO BE WORRIED ABOUT ANYTHING BUT BY PRAYER WITH THANKSGIVING MAKE YOUR REQUEST KNOWN TO GOD AND THE PEACE OF GOD WHICH SURPASSES ALL UNDERSTANDING WILL GUARD YOUR HEART AND MIND THROUGH CHRIST JESUS. ABOVE ALL THINGS GUARD YOUR HEART BECAUSE OUT OF IT FLOWS THE ISSUES OF LIFE.(PROVERBS 4:23 )... INFACT IN PHILIPPIANS 4:8, THE WRITTER, PAUL, EXPLAINS HOW TO KEEP DISCOURAGING THOUGHTS FROM DEFEATING YOU, BY THINKING OF GOOD THINGS OR MEDITATING ON GODS WORD: THINGS THAT ARE KIND, LOVING AND PURE. GOD WILL KEEP HIM IN PERFECT PEACE WHOS MIND IS STAYED ON THEE. (ISAIAH 26:3-4) THEN SHALL YOU WALK IN SAFETY, NEITHER BEING AFRAID, FOR GOD IS YOUR CONFIDENCE. (PROVERBS 4:23-27 ) GOD ALSO SAYS, HE KNOWS THE PLANS HE HAS FOR YOU, OF A HOPE AND GOOD FUTURE. (JEREMIAH 29:11) A SINGLE SPARROW DOESN'T FALL WITHOUT GODS' KNOWLEDGE. HOW MUCH MORE VALUED ARE YOU THAN THE SPARROW ? HE HAS COUNTED THE VERY HAIRS OF YOUR HEAD. (MATTHEW 10:29-31 NOW FAITH IS THE SUBSTANCE OF THINGS HOPED FOR THE EVIDENCE OF THINGS UNSEEN. (HEBREWS 11:1) NOW HERE IS WHERE WE CAN HOPE FOR A MARRIAGE PARTNER AND IF IT DOESNT SEEM TO BE SEEN IN REALITY, KNOW THAT OUR FAITH IS IN HIM. FAITH COMES BY HEARING, BY HEARING THE WORD OF GOD. (ROMANS 10:17) WE CAN BE CONFIDENT IN GOD TO TAKE CARE OF US BECAUSE WE HAVE HIS PROMISES AND HE CAN NOT LIE. (TITUS 1:1-2)ESCPECIALLY, FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE. (1 TIMOTHY4:10) DELIGHT YOURSELF INTHE LORD AND HE WILL GIVE YOU THE DESIRES OF YOUR HEART. (PSALMS 37:4) SO, KNOWING THESE THINGS, I HOPE YOU WILL SEEK JESUS, STUDY HIS WORD, HAVE FAITH IN HIM AND GUARD YOUR MIND AND HEART. IF YOU HAVE TOTALLY GIVEN ALL OF YOURSELF TO HIM; YOU ARE NOW READY FOR A GODLY RELATIONSHIP. WITH THIS IN MIND, I AM PLEASED TO INFORM YOU GOD IS THE FIRST ONE WHO SAID," IT IS NOT GOOD FOR MAN TO BE ALONE !" HE THEN SAID," I WILL MAKE A HELPMEET FOR HIM." (GENISIS 2:18) WHEN YOU HAVE TIME LOOK UP THE WORD HELPMEET, YOU CAN DO THIS ONLINE IN THE STRONGS CONCORDANCE OR IF YOU HAVE IT AT HOME. HE ALSO, SAID, HE THAT ***FINDETH*** A WIFE ***FINDETH*** A GOOD THING AND THAT HE WOULD BLESS HIM WITH FAVOUR. (PROVERBS 18:22) GOD DID SAY THAT A HUSBAND SHOULD LOVE HIS WIFE AS CHRIST LOVED THE CHURCH, GIVING HIMSELF FOR HER. SO, IF YOU LOOK FOR LOVE GODS WAY, YOU WILL BE BLESSED WITH TRUE LOVE THAT LASTS. THE LAST, MOST IMPORTANT THING, I HAVE TO SAY IS.... KEEP YOUR EYES ON JESUS, THE STORMS OF LIFE WILL COME AND TRY TO KNOCK YOU OUT. BUT, IF YOU DONT LOOK TO THE RIGHT OR THE LEFT (THE CIRCUMSTANCES OF THE STORM), YOU WONT FALL OR FAIL. LOOK AT PETER, AS LONG AS HE KEPT HIS EYES ON JESUS HE WALKED ON WATER. WHEN HE LOOKED AT THE CIRCUMSTANCES, THE WIND AND THE RAIN (THE STORM) HE FELL, HE BEGAN TO SINK. THEN HE CALLED OUT TO JESUS AND JESUS GRABBED HIM AND THEY WALKED TOGETHER. THE MASTER DID SAY OH THOU OF LITTLE FAITH, WHEREFORE DIDST THOU DOUBT ? (MATTHEW 14:22-33) SO, IF FAITH COMES BY HEARING, HEARING THE WORD OF GOD; WE MUST STAY BUILT UP IN THE WORD(BY LISTENING TO THE WORD, READING THE WORD, AND WATCHING THE WORD) TO BE IN TURN BUILT UP IN OUR FAITH. WE MUST PUT OUR FAITH INTO ACTION BY SHOWING OTHERS WHAT WE BELIEVE.(FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD.) IF WE CAN DO THIS, WE WILL MOVE MOUNTAINS AND WALK ON WATER. WE WILL LEAD A PROSPEROUS LIFE FULL OF MIRACLES BECAUSE WE WALK WITH JESUS DAILY.

godsgentleman

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Feb, 2009 10:29 PM

The problem is you need to be patient and wait on the LORD and a real man will pursue you....and I am not necessarily saying like me cuz I am a little self concious and shy but yes I soo agree a real man will pursue a beautiful woman like you sweety have a blessed day ttyl~Daniel

CJGroove

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Feb, 2009 04:05 PM

Sending an email or a wink is only showing interest on the woman's part. Then the man can pursue and lead.

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Feb, 2009 09:38 PM

I totally believe the man should be the head of the household and spiritual leader of the relationship. Ofcourse if he is not lining up with God's word then he isn't doing a good job. I think it's cool that a girl would want a man to pursue her...i mean it just seems natural ya know but women pursue men all the time i just mean i can understand. Just remain faithful to God and He will bring you the man of your dreams. God is faithful and never a second too late.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Feb, 2009 10:11 AM

Ha! ...anyway, before the last line is cut...just a little christian to christian...don't you think it's kinda dangerous to be so unwilling to change? Paul thought he was doing pretty good while he was goin' around killing Christians. He got a little surprise. All I'm saying is...when you reject everything just because it's not what your particular brand of religion teaches without even checking it out...not cool. Don't know if you checked it out or not...just saying. Anyway...I get the feeling I'm talking to a wall, which is probably one I built myself...sorry. Had a slightly open ear and I blew it...don't kill me...I just feel bad for turning you off to what I believe is the truth(apparently I'm insane though:winksmile:).

:peace::peace::peace::prayingm::waving:

Klacker

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Feb, 2009 01:59 AM

Maybe there are some real men out there that would like to pursue you but aren't able to send you a message because of the criteria you set for incoming mail.

If you broaden that a bit, who knows? You might have more men pursue ...

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Apr, 2009 04:07 PM

what does being a real man have to do with approaching a woman? Lest u forget, Ruth pursued Boaz, even sleeping at His feet.

And, what does it matter that u don't wear pants in public? u wear pants in ur pic.

And, what did people read before the King James?

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Apr, 2009 11:19 AM

What church do you attend?

Page : 1 2 3 4