Author Thread: what I cannot stand about guys on here
Admin

what I cannot stand about guys on here
Posted : 29 Dec, 2009 11:13 AM

here's what I can't stand about the guys on here that claim to be christians and that won't hurt you or break your heart and especially guys that want you to move to be close to them and right before you do they decide oh its not gonna workout and I think we should just be friends when from the get go they promise to not hurt you and treat you the way you should be treated and the guys on here who are looking for young women who are virgins but, I'm sorry in this day and age not every christian woman has stayed pure but wish she had and for those guys who refuse to get to know you because your not a virgin, you could be missing out on a great, godly, christian young woman. And I can't stand guys who say I will love you and care about you for who you are but as you open up to them and let them get to know you, they turn on you and just want to be your friend, maybe this is wrong of me and other women to feel this way but, its something I felt I had to get off my chest, I'm sorry if this comes across as an insult, I'm not insulting anyone, I'm just stating what's on my mind as a young christian women who are tired of the guys that are out there that claim to be christians but yet treat women like they are something that can be used and thrown away whenever they feel like it.

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Dec, 2009 07:53 PM

Bonnie,

what I learned not only on this website but in general is that we cant take things personal. Seriously, people act and react differently and when we take things personal it can affect our self esteem. These things get into our head and before you know it, we are punishing the next person that comes along and may be genuine in their feelings. You are a princess, your Father is a King. You should be approached as one, dont forget that. You are precious to your Father in heaven. You keep being you and dont change unless the Lord leads of course, haha. Stay pure in heart and in your everyday life and God will bless you for waiting.

He obviously was not the right one for you and God removed Him, try to be greatful to the Lord for not letting it get to far.

You deserve the best and that's what you will get as long as you wait on Him. You have lots to offer but I think...well I will message you.

blessings,

jennifer

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Dec, 2009 02:05 AM

hey jennifer, thanks for the wonderful encouragement, I'm really trying to see it as a blessing that the Lord didn't allow it to get all the way to marriage, and, I'm seeing it as his loss and someone else's gain :) I know there are probably wonderful, god fearing guys out there, I just haven't found him yet but I know in the future that the Lord will lead him to me :)

Signed, Bonnie

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Dec, 2009 09:57 AM

I did read my last post over again.I was saying to be positive. We all need to be diplomatic,I was trying to get you to see that I related to you.I have been where you are at.Read that post again Bonnie.You are asking for advice here.I believe you overreacted because you already are offended at men in general.Just step back and relax.My being there once myself gives me insight.I also said that you should ask for prayer my friend.We all are brothers and sisters in the lord.:peace: Peace :peace:

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jan, 2010 09:12 PM

Bonnie

I would like to encourage you with two things I have learned, that I believe God showed me and that have helped.

One is -- do not make the assumption that just because someone has a profile on this site they are christian. By christian I mean that they have truly committed and devote their lives to Jesus, know him personally as their savior, go to church, read the bible, etc.

The other is to guard you heart. When starting a new relationship and in the process of getting to know someone -- guard your heart. I do this by keeping things friendly and light while I spend time with and talk with and pray about the person. That works for me - you might find another method. Guarding my heart has saved me from being hurt by men who said they were "christian", but their words and actions proved otherwise.

Hang in there - we have all (or at least most of us) gone through what you did.

Blessings.

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jan, 2010 09:13 PM

Bonnie

I would like to encourage you with two things I have learned, that I believe God showed me and that have helped.

One is -- do not make the assumption that just because someone has a profile on this site they are christian. By christian I mean that they have truly committed and devote their lives to Jesus, know him personally as their savior, go to church, read the bible, etc.

The other is to guard you heart. When starting a new relationship and in the process of getting to know someone -- guard your heart. I do this by keeping things friendly and light while I spend time with and talk with and pray about the person. That works for me - you might find another method. Guarding my heart has saved me from being hurt by men who said they were "christian", but their words and actions proved otherwise.

Hang in there - we have all (or at least most of us) gone through what you did.

Blessings.

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jan, 2010 07:57 AM

thanks godslamb, I'm for sure going to guard my heart starting out in any new relationships, but right now, I'm taking a break from the dating scene and guys and just focus on me and work and school, I appreciate the encouragement alot :)

Signed, Bonnie :)

i_live_in_canada

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jan, 2010 12:24 AM

Bonnie I know how you feel. When I was a young single mom years ago I found that to be true of many men. They liked me at first but when they found out I was not some perfect virgin then they got all high and mighty. I think the older you get the less sensitive you get. Well you don't take things so hard. Now I could care less if they wanted me or not. I have no time for stuck up better then you people. No one is perfect. We all have sinned. You don't need some guy that thinks he is better then you. Know that you are a great women and any guy would be blessed to have you. The best advice I can give you from my many years of dating and lot's of lesions is TAKE YOUR TIME! Don't rush into some thing. Don't waste your time on undeserving people. Get to know people and enjoy communicating and learning. Keep your heart safe and don't give it to just any one.

God bless you and encourage you my friend!

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jan, 2010 01:31 PM

hey thanks for the encouragement, I do feel alot better now that he is no longer in my life and, I feel better and happier being on my own and yes I would eventually like a relationship again some day and maybe kids but, I feel so much more relieved not having the pressure of a relationship or the worry of getting my heart broken all over again.

Signed, Bonnie

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jan, 2010 05:41 PM

dear i live, welcome to the forums.

ole cattle

i_live_in_canada

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jan, 2010 12:56 AM

" dear i live, welcome to the forums.

ole cattle "

Thank you. I am on this site for research as a web designer but love giving my opinion ( especially when not asked lol ).

Page : 1 2 3 4 5