Author Thread: Prefer not to say
liv2luvudeeply

View Profile
History
Prefer not to say
Posted : 8 Jan, 2010 06:26 PM

Does anyone reallly believe that it's better to use this phrase about ANYTHING??

I mean really...if you don't post a pic, and use that phrase for body type, guys have no choice but to think you have a poor self image and you're ashamed of your appearance. We're gonna have to see you eventually!

I know I know...that may not be true, and the lady may have chosen to omit those things in hope that she would be chosen for well written profile or something other than her extreme beauty...but you're working against nature! God wired us to be visually oriented in our attraction, and we're gonna assume the former rather than the latter!

Okay, this oughtta open up a can of worms and bring the posters out of the lurker woodwork! :ROFL:

T

View Profile
History
Prefer not to say
Posted : 8 Jan, 2010 07:20 PM

I agree. I've seen the same thing on men's profiles.

Honest is always better, and most people are looking for that quality.

Smilesnsc

View Profile
History
Prefer not to say
Posted : 8 Jan, 2010 07:32 PM

If one can't be honest with themselves, then they can't be honest with anyone else :) Truth always reveals itself in time!

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Prefer not to say
Posted : 8 Jan, 2010 07:37 PM

Ok, you made me chuckle T! Thank you, I needed that! :glow:

You got a point.

You said "We're gonna have to see you eventually!"

Yes.. that's true. I might speak for some women, but actually for me... I quess I think of the physical flaws I see in myself sometime, and wel,l I might not want the man to see it quite so soon! :goofball:

I've gotten bolder since joining the site, slowly adding a few more pics here and there. I don't think Im very photogenic anyway, that is- with exception to my baby pictures, but of course... I can't use those now can I? :rolleyes: Anywho... you really tickled me a little cause your post is a good one to start, and yes-- you might have opened up a tank of live lobsters!!

:yay:

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Prefer not to say
Posted : 8 Jan, 2010 08:33 PM

T,

I know this is suppose to be for the Ladies, but that has not stopped me yet.

I look at it this way:

A demure woman (or a humble man even) is not going to "splash" their face all over their profile page. To them their looks and the looks of their potential spouse is not as important as the "substance" of who that person really is.

These Christian Women are the ones that by their very nature are more solidly rooted in Christ. I am not saying that those that do have a photo up are any less rooted, but I have found that the ones that let their words speak first...are also the ones that who's word's speak clearer and deeper.

I "discovered" a most Lovely Flower "hiddened" behind a profile (God led her to do so). The fact that she was not on"display" meant that she had to be "sought" out; much as a Diamond has to be mined.

While you are also correct when you say that those that choose "prefer not to say" are trying to hide their "conceived" faults -- there are also some Priceless Jewells to be found if one searches dilengently or is led by The Holy Spirit.

Becareful...T, not to mistake a woman's vanity as a good thing while thinking that a woman that is Humble is a bad thing.

Give me Humble and Beautiful (both inside and outside) over Beautiful (outside) and Vain (inside).

View Profile
History
Prefer not to say
Posted : 8 Jan, 2010 08:33 PM

T,

I know this is suppose to be for the Ladies, but that has not stopped me yet.

I look at it this way:

A demure woman (or a humble man even) is not going to "splash" their face all over their profile page. To them their looks and the looks of their potential spouse is not as important as the "substance" of who that person really is.

These Christian Women are the ones that by their very nature are more solidly rooted in Christ. I am not saying that those that do have a photo up are any less rooted, but I have found that the ones that let their words speak first...are also the ones that who's word's speak clearer and deeper.

I "discovered" a most Lovely Flower "hiddened" behind a profile (God led her to do so). The fact that she was not on"display" meant that she had to be "sought" out; much as a Diamond has to be mined.

While you are also correct when you say that those that choose "prefer not to say" are trying to hide their "conceived" faults -- there are also some Priceless Jewells to be found if one searches dilengently or is led by The Holy Spirit.

Becareful...T, not to mistake a woman's vanity as a good thing while thinking that a woman that is Humble is a bad thing.

Give me Humble and Beautiful (both inside and outside) over Beautiful (outside) and Vain (inside).

Agnos

View Profile
History
Prefer not to say
Posted : 9 Jan, 2010 10:29 AM

T.

Nothing else needs to be added � Just read carefully what you have read above�

You will search for the woman who will fill your soul�s expectative or your flesh�s desires� and women will do the same, of course� But, remember that what is seen with the eyes will not last, it is not eternal.

Body and face age� Our soul grows beautiful and our spirit goes back to God who gave it to us.

If you think �well, I want to enjoy now the outside beauty, God made beauty for us to enjoy� etc, etc.� Think on this:

- The way we see beauty is not the way He sees it. Don�t put God into the square cage of human vision.

- You could wake up one morning with a beautiful wife on your bed... and realize that your heart empty.

May God give you both things!!! Really, because both things are important� But, which one you will choose to pay more attention to? To the things destined to finish on the grown or the things which go back to the source� to God?

Believe me, when we women are called by our name and we are called because what is inside us, we will improve it day by day to please our man, to love him, to fill him, to be always by his side � and believe me, you will see beauty on your wife, and you will say� Wow!! I almost lost her� !!!

Agnos

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
Prefer not to say
Posted : 9 Jan, 2010 11:04 AM

On another site that asked for income amount, I did put "prefer not to say." I don't really want to attract a man based on whether or not I can support him. I clearly state in my profile that I'd like to be a stay at home wife and mother, who teaches piano part-time to supplement the family income. That means that my current income level should have nothing to do with a relationship...'cause if it does, I might want to reconsider that relationship. So far it has worked!

Other than in a case like that, though, I don't see any reason to answer things that way. Pictures are a bit different. I think that on a profile it's a good idea to have at least one picture of yourself (I know I have quite a few on there), but the written part of the profile should say more than the pictures do!

liv2luvudeeply

View Profile
History
Prefer not to say
Posted : 9 Jan, 2010 01:38 PM

Piano chick I totally agree with you on the income thing. That is the one place I could understand for just the reasons you stated, and in my mind, it wouldn't create a presupposition one way or the other, unlike the picture/body type question. Obviously it's appropriate to discuss those things after you've established a relationship.

T

View Profile
History
Prefer not to say
Posted : 9 Jan, 2010 05:19 PM

another reason some may not have a photo is because they hold a position within a community where their photo gets on the newspaper cover, or they are a pastor, etc., where they could be recognized. i also, prefer to have most of the questions answered and a variety of photos.

View Profile
History
Prefer not to say
Posted : 9 Jan, 2010 09:24 PM

Good point Golden!

I never considered that. So one of those Photoless profiles could be Nancy Pelosi....Arrgh!

Page : 1 2