Author Thread: Prefer not to say
liv2luvudeeply

View Profile
History
Prefer not to say
Posted : 8 Jan, 2010 06:26 PM

Does anyone reallly believe that it's better to use this phrase about ANYTHING??

I mean really...if you don't post a pic, and use that phrase for body type, guys have no choice but to think you have a poor self image and you're ashamed of your appearance. We're gonna have to see you eventually!

I know I know...that may not be true, and the lady may have chosen to omit those things in hope that she would be chosen for well written profile or something other than her extreme beauty...but you're working against nature! God wired us to be visually oriented in our attraction, and we're gonna assume the former rather than the latter!

Okay, this oughtta open up a can of worms and bring the posters out of the lurker woodwork! :ROFL:

T

Agnos

View Profile
History
Prefer not to say
Posted : 10 Jan, 2010 12:08 AM

Arch...

You are incorrigible...!! :goofball:

cherished2

View Profile
History
Prefer not to say
Posted : 10 Jan, 2010 12:56 PM

I suppose, it entirely depends on what type of relationship and person you are looking for....

If you want something just for the moment and superficial, then using the term "Prefer not to say" may work just dandy.

BUT, if you are looking for an open and honest relationship, I cant see that any questions on this site would be asking more than would be fair to ask of anyone. After all, we are talking about personal relations here, and issues of the heart....! So why is asking your profession so dangerous? Or if you have kids?. Those are very probably the things that will bring someone to want to know more about you. I know that I tend to shy away from people that make me feel that they are not willing to communicate openly and those who have hidden pasts they are not willing to share.

I agree that on rare occasion a photo may not be the best idea, but honest information is always good. I feel that I was brave and open enough to put myself out there, and I respect that in others.....

Thanks for the question, Live2!!

GlendoraMike

View Profile
History
Prefer not to say
Posted : 13 Jan, 2010 01:41 PM

While "Prefer Not To Say" may have some legitimate uses, here's one that makes no sense: I keep seeing profiles where the woman has "Prefer Not To Say" for "Smoking." :waving: (HELLO) That screams out that you smoke and are trying to quit, or you think that someone who doesn't want to be in a relationship with a smoker won't figure that you do.:goofball::rolleyes: Be honest. If you are trying to quit. Put that down and ask for prayer.:prayingm::prayingf:

liv2luvudeeply

View Profile
History
Prefer not to say
Posted : 15 Jan, 2010 05:17 AM

Amen, bro...my point EXACTLY.

T

View Profile
History
Prefer not to say
Posted : 15 Jan, 2010 06:10 AM

I prefer not to comment.

Whoops! I just did make a comment.

OK...I prefer not to explain why I prefer not to comment.

View Profile
History
Prefer not to say
Posted : 20 Jan, 2010 02:23 PM

Well I prefer if they 'do' say and to post at least 3 photo's, 4 would be great because there are scammers out there that use any pic they find on the net of a great looking guy or gal and don't say much in their profile. I know causes I've had scammers try to scam me a few times now. So for that reason (not vanity) I like to see many current photos and I also post a variety on my profile :glow:

We need to be Wise, Discerning, and led by the Holy Spirit because there are predators out there:angeldevil:

View Profile
History
Prefer not to say
Posted : 26 Mar, 2011 07:55 AM

I have said the same thing. Glad there is someone of like mind.

Also we have to love ourselves before we can show love to another in a relationship. Josh McDowel made a good point in a talk.

:waving:

TapaT

View Profile
History
Prefer not to say
Posted : 5 Jun, 2011 05:00 AM

" I am the Way, the Truth and the Life", Jesus shall reveal Himself in time.

Page : 1 2