Author Thread: Let's start a Joke thread!
Admin

Let's start a Joke thread!
Posted : 20 Feb, 2010 04:37 AM

A Police K-9 squad car was parked by a sidewalk at a mall with the K-9 dog in the back seat. When the Officer returned to his unit he saw a little boy about 5 years old standing on the sidewalk staring at the back window.

"Mr Please Man...is that a dog?" the young boy asked with a serious look on his face...he was almost frowning.

"Why, yes son...that is a dog" answered the officer.

The boys lips were squashed together and he paused for a moment...still staring at that window...then asked the officer "Are you taking him to the lease station?"

The police officer was writing some notes, but stopped briefly to answer "Yes...yes I am"

The little boy took in a deep breath through his nose...turned and looking up at the policeman with his pouting lips and squinting eyes said

"What did he do?" :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Mar, 2010 07:55 PM

Ok, how about we start with the light bulb jokes? I had one that was really funny with dog breeds, but I couldn't find it. So I'm posting this one. And remember folks ---- I'm just KIDDING here. Not pickin' on anyone.

How many Methodists does it take to change a light bulb?

A: Undetermined.

Whether your light is bright, dull, or completely out, you are loved -- you can be a light bulb, turnip bulb, or tulip bulb. A church-wide lighting service is planned for Sunday, August 19. Bring bulb of your choice and a covered dish.

How many Zen Buddhists does it take to change a light bulb?

A: Three.

One to change the light bulb, one NOT to change the light bulb, and one to neither change nor not change the light bulb.

How many Episcopalians does it take to change a light bulb?

A: Eight.

One to call the electrician, and seven to say how much they liked the old one better.

How many Unitarians does it take to change a light bulb?

A: The Unitarians wish to issue the following statement:

"We choose not to make a statement either in favor of or against the need for a light bulb; however, if in your own journey you have found that light bulbs work for you, that is fine. You are invited to write a poem or compose a modern dance about your personal relationship with your light bulb, and present it next month at our annual light bulb Sunday service, in which we will explore a number of light bulb traditions, including incandescent, fluorescent, three-way, long-life and tinted, all of which are equally valid paths to luminescence."

How many Jewish Mothers does it take to change a light bulb?

A: None.

"It's all right; I'll sit in the dark!"

How many Lutherans does it take to change a light bulb?

Lutherans don't believe in change.

How many Pentacostals does it take to change a light bulb?

A: Ten.

One to change the bulb and nine to pray against the spirit of darkness.

How many Southern Baptists does it take to change a light bulb?

A: One hundred and nine.

Seven on the Light bulb Task Force Sub-committee, who report to the twelve on the Light bulb Task Force, appointed by the fifteen on the Trustee Board. Their recommendation is reviewed by the Finance Executive Committee of five, who place it on the agenda of the eighteen-member Finance Committee. If they approve, they bring a motion to the twenty-seven Member church Board, who appoint another twelve-member review committee. If they recommend that the Church Board proceed, a resolution is brought to the Congregational Business Meeting. They appoint another eight-member review committee. If their report to the next Congregational Business Meeting supports the changing of a light bulb, and the Congregation votes in favor, the responsibility to carry out the light bulb change is passed on to the Trustee Board, who in turn appoint a seven-member committee to find the best price in new light bulbs. Their recommendation of which hardware is the best buy must then be reviewed by the twenty-three-member Ethics Committee to make certain that this hardware store has no connection to Disneyland. They report back to the Trustee Board who then commis-sions the Trustee in charge of the Janitor to ask him to make the change. By then the janitor discovers that one more light bulb has burned out.

How many Existentialists does it take to change a light bulb?

A: Two.

One to screw it in and one to observe how the light bulb itself symbolizes a single incandescent beacon of subjective reality in a netherworld of endless absurdity reaching out toward a cosmos of nothingness.

How many Roman Catholics does it take to change a light bulb?

A: Nun

How many Quakers does it take to change a light bulb?

Who needs a light bulb when you have an inner light?

How many pagans does it take to change a light bulb?

A: Six.

One to change it, and five to sit around complaining that light bulbs never burned out before Christians came along.

How many Jewish Renewal Rabbis does it take to change a light bulb?

A: Depends.

One if it's an eco-kosher bulb that isn't going to be lit by electricity from nuclear power. Two, as long as a man and a woman rabbi have equal turns putting in the bulb. Three, one to change it, one to do a Buddhist mindfulness practice during the change, and one to document the paradigm shift in a best-selling book called "The Jew in the Light bulb." Four, same as above plus an additional rabbi to study the psycho-halachic implications of such a change and then lead a retreat weekend on the experience.

How many Presbyterians does it take to change a light bulb?

Lights will go on and off at predestined times.

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Mar, 2010 09:10 PM

You all are too much! :ROFL: Sorry I missed out today... better late than never!

-------------------------------------

Life explained

On the first day, God created the dog and said: 'Sit all day by the door of your house and bark at anyone who comes in or walks past. For this, I will give you a life span of twenty years.'

The dog said: 'That's a long time to be barking. How about only ten years and I'll give you back the other ten?' So God agreed.

On the second day, God created the monkey and said: 'Entertain people, do tricks, and make them laugh. For this, I'll give you a twenty-year life span.'

The monkey said: 'Monkey tricks for twenty years? That's a pretty long time to perform. How about I give you back ten like the Dog did?' And God agreed.

On the third day, God created the cow and said: 'You must go into the field with the farmer all day long and suffer under the sun, have calves and give milk to support the farmer's family. For this, I will give you a life span of sixty years.'

The cow said: 'That's kind of a tough life you want me to live for sixty years. How about twenty and I�ll give back the other forty?' And God agreed again.

On the fourth day, God created humans and said: 'Eat, sleep, play, marry and enjoy your life. For this, I'll give you twenty years.' But the human said: 'Only twenty years? Could you possibly give me my twenty, the forty the cow gave back, the ten the monkey gave back, and the ten the dog gave back; that makes eighty, okay?'

'Okay,' said God, 'You asked for it..'

So that is why for our first twenty years we eat, sleep, play and enjoy ourselves. For the next forty years we slave in the sun to support our family. For the next ten years we

do monkey tricks to entertain the grandchildren.. And for the last ten years we sit on the front porch and bark at everyone. :rolleyes:

Life has now been explained to you.

There is no need to thank me for this valuable information. I'm doing it as a public service. :laugh::goofball:

~GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Mar, 2010 06:51 AM

Most Excellent story, Ms. Grace!!

I feel it could be true. Lucky for me I've won a feel of those "early twentys" in card games. :ROFL:

I don't think I'll ever get to the "Barking" stage.

Steve

Agnos

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Mar, 2010 11:43 AM

A couple had two little boys, ages 8 and 10, who were excessively mischievous. They were always getting into trouble and their parents knew that, if any mischief occurred in their town, their sons were probably involved.

They boys' mother heard that a clergyman in town had been successful in disciplining children, so she asked if he would speak with her boys. The clergyman agreed, but asked to see them individually. So the mother sent her 8-year-old first, in the morning, with the older boy to see the clergyman in the afternoon.

The clergyman, a huge man with a booming voice, sat the younger boy down and asked him sternly, "Where is God?".

They boy's mouth dropped open, but he made no response, sitting there with his mouth hanging open, wide-eyed. So the clergyman repeated the question in an even sterner tone, "Where is God!!?" Again the boy made no attempt to answer. So the clergyman raised his voice even more and shook his finger in the boy's face and bellowed, "WHERE IS GOD!?"

The boy screamed and bolted from the room, ran directly home and dove into his closet, slamming the door behind him. When his older brother found him in the closet, he asked, "What happened?"

The younger brother, gasping for breath, replied, "We are in BIG trouble this time, dude. God is missing - and they think WE did it!"

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Mar, 2010 11:23 PM

You guys (& ladies) are getting too good at this! Here's a couple more.:

One day a teacher was talking to her class about whales when a little girl had a question.

Little girl: "Do whales swallow people?"

Teacher: "No, even though they are much bigger than people, they have throat pleats that filter their food of krill & plankton."

Little Girl: "But my Sunday School Teacher said that Jonah was swallowed by a whale."

Teacher, getting angry: "Whales cannot swallow people!"

Little girl: "Well, when I get to Heaven I'll just ask Jonah if he was really swallowed by a whale."

Teacher-really red with anger: "What if Jonah went to hell?"

Little girl:" Well, then you can ask him!"

:yay::nahnah::yay:

(PLEASE don't get mad yawl at this next joke-it's too funny!)

HYMNS FOR PEOPLE OVER 50:

Give Me That Old Timers Religion

Precious Lord, Take My Hand, and Help Me Up

Just A Slower Walk With Thee

Go Tell It On The Mountain, But Speak Up

Nobody Knows The Trouble I Have Seeing

Guide Me O Thou Great Lord God, I've Forgotten Where I Parked My Car

Count Your Many Birthdays, Count Them One By One

Blessed Insurance

It Is Well With My Soul, But My Knees Hurt

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Mar, 2010 05:45 PM

LOL :applause: :laugh:

Good ones, everyone. Ed, I haven't seen that list of hymns for older folks for a long time -- thanks for sharing.

:waving:

Agnos

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Mar, 2010 05:50 PM

Oh, oh... edw, you are walking again through quicksand... you are in so much trouble reminding to the ladies about their age... well...

Thanks for the prayer guide anyway... I will turn 50 this year...

///

Things Not To Say During Childbirth....

-- Gosh, you're lucky. I sure wish men could experience the miracle of childbirth.

-- Do you think the baby will come before Monday Night Football starts?

-- If you think this hurts, I should tell you about the time I twisted my ankle playing basketball.

-- That was the kids on the phone. Did you have anything planned for dinner?

-- When you lay on your back, you look like a python that swallowed a wild boar.

-- You don't need an epidural. Just relax and enjoy the moment.

-- This whole experience kind of reminds me of an episode from I Love Lucy.

-- Oops! Which cord was I supposed to cut?

-- Stop your swearing and just breathe.

-- Remember what we learned in Lamaze class! HEE HEE HOO HOO. You're not using the right words.

-- Your stomach still looks like there's another one in there.

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Mar, 2010 06:26 PM

Agnos -- good ones about childbirth! :applause: :laugh:

This is not a joke, really, but hopefully it will make you smile.

Fifth Grade Assignment

A fifth grade teacher in a Christian school asked her class to look at TV commercials and see if they could use them in 20 ways to communicate ideas about God. Here are some of the results: scroll down.

God is like.

BAYER ASPIRIN

He works miracles.

God is like.

A FORD

He's got a better idea..

God is like.

COKE

He's the real thing.

God is like.

HALLMARK CARDS

He cares enough to send His very best.

God is like.

TIDE

He gets the stains out others leave behind. ..

God is like.

GENERAL ELECTRIC

He brings good things to life.

God is like.

WAL-MART

He has everything..

God is like.

ALKA-SELTZER

Try Him, you'll like Him

God is like.

SCOTCH TAPE

You can't see Him, but you know He's there.

God is like..

DELTA

He's ready when you are.

God is like.

ALLSTATE

You're in good hands with Him.

God is like.

VO-5 Hair Spray

He holds through all kinds of weather

God is like.

DIAL SOAP

Aren't you glad you have Him? Don't you wish everybody did?

God is like .

The U.S. POST OFFICE

Neither rain, nor snow, nor sleet nor ice will keep Him from

His appointed destination.

God is like.

Chevrolet

........the heart beat of America

God is like

Maxwell House. .... .

Good to the very last drop

God is like.

B o u n t y .

He is the quicker picker upper. . Can handle the tough jobs. ..

And He won't fall apart on you

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Mar, 2010 08:55 PM

Yall are good! Godslam... I like the one about God's soap.. Cool! Edw and Agnos... hehe :laugh: Sorry I hadn't been playing.... ~ GraceMae

--------------------------------------------------------

Grandparents

1. She was in the bathroom, putting on her makeup, under the watchful eyes of her young granddaughter, as she'd done many times before. After she applied her lipstick and started to leave, the little one said, "But Gramma, you forgot to kiss the toilet paper good-bye!" I will probably never put lipstick on again without thinking about kissing the toilet paper good-bye...

2. My young grandson called the other day to wish me Happy Birthday. He asked me how old I was, and I told him, 62. My grandson was quiet for a moment, and then he asked, "Did you start at 1?"

3. After putting her grandchildren to bed, a grandmother changed into old slacks and a droopy blouse and proceeded to wash her hair.. As she heard the children getting more and more rambunctious, her patience grew thin. Finally, she threw a towel around her head and stormed into their room, putting them back to bed with stern warnings. As she left the room, she heard the three-year-old say with a trembling voice, "Who was THAT?"

4. A grandmother was telling her little granddaughter what her own childhood was like: "We used to skate outside on a pond I had a swing made from a tire; it hung from a tree in our front yard. We rode our pony. We picked wild raspberries in the woods." The little girl was wide-eyed, taking this all in. At last she said, "I sure wish I'd gotten to know you sooner!

5.. My grandson was visiting one day when he asked, "Grandma, do you know how you and God are alike?" I mentally polished my halo and I said, "No, how are we alike?'' "You're both old," he replied.

6. A little girl was diligently pounding away on her grandfather's word processor.. She told him she was writing a story. "What's it about?" he asked. "I don't know," she replied. "I can't read."

7. I didn't know if my granddaughter had learned her colors yet, so I decided to test her. I would point out something and ask what color it was. She would tell me and was always correct. It was fun for me, so I continued. At last, she headed for the door, saying, "Grandma, I think you should try to figure out some of these yourself!"

8. When my grandson Billy and I entered our vacation cabin, we kept the lights off until we were inside to keep from attracting pesky insects. Still, a few fireflies followed us in. Noticing them before I did, Billy whispered, "It's no use Grandpa. Now the mosquitoes are coming after us with flashlights."

9. When my grandson asked me how old I was, I teasingly replied, "I'm not sure."

"Look in your underwear, Grandpa," he advised, "mine says I'm 4 to 6."

10. A second grader came home from school and said to her grandmother, "Grandma, guess what? We learned how to make babies today." The grandmother, more than a little surprised, tried to keep her cool. "That's interesting," she said, "how do you make babies?"] "It's simple," replied the girl. "You just change 'y' to 'i' and add 'es'."

11. Children's Logic: "Give me a sentence about a public servant," said a teacher. The small boy wrote: "The fireman came down the ladder pregnant." The teacher took the lad aside to correct him. "Don't you know what pregnant means?" she asked. "Sure," said the young boy confidently. 'It means carrying a child."

12. A grandfather was delivering his grandchildren to their home one day when a fire truck zoomed past. Sitting in the front seat of the fire truck was a Dalmatian dog. The children started discussing the dog's duties. "They use him to keep crowds back ," said one child. "No," said another. "He's just for good luck." A third child brought the argument to a close."They use the dogs," she said firmly, "to find the fire hydrants."

13. A 6-year-old was asked where his grandma lived. "Oh," he said, "she lives at the airport, and when we want her, we just go get her. Then, when we're done having her visit, we take her back to the airport."

14. Grandpa is the smartest man on earth! He teaches me good good things, but I don't get to see him enough to get as smart as him!

15. My Grandparents are funny, when they bend over; you hear gas leaks, and they blame their dog.

Enjoy!! :rolleyes::yay:

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Mar, 2010 03:53 AM

:bow:WINNER!! WINNER!! Chicken Dinner!!:bow:

:ROFL::ROFL::laugh::yay::yay::rocknroll::applause::applause:

Sisters and Brothers...I have to Declare a Winner!

Ms. GraceMae is the winner! Great...funny...cute...warm...lovable and laughable! I hereby declare Ms. Gracemae the winner of the First CDFF Laugh Off!!

Grand Prize is Kisses from everyone and hugs from Ole Cattle.

I really loved those anecdotes.

Thank You for all the smiles and laughs. I even heard some Angels chuckling.

Shall we continue for 1st Prize?

Page : 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13