Author Thread: My experience thus far.....
Admin

My experience thus far.....
Posted : 4 Apr, 2010 03:09 AM

I was initiated into the site by being fooled by a scammer for 3 weeks....I've had start and stop relationships that had my hope on a roller coaster ride....then I started meeting people on the forums and thru private messaging. Making friends has been so unexpected, but so welcome. Being here has caused me to see areas of my life that needed attention and as you read they have already been yielded. Peace & calm are my companion. As I reflect on this day of celebration for my risen Savior, I am so grateful.

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Apr, 2010 10:37 AM

People may reply and comment if you wish, but I'm not looking for it. I am overwhelmed with gratitude to God for His blessings toward me and His ultimate sacrifice on the cross.

I am content and no longer have that anxious longing for a spouse. I would not trade the peace I have for a relationship with a man not ordained by God to be mine. So I can wait. :rocknroll:

I speak peace on everyone that stops by. Happy Resurrection Day! :dancingp:

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Apr, 2010 04:33 PM

Happy Easter 1Babygirll!

You're right. There are many wonderful people on this site, you are one of them. Your keen wit, one-of-a-kind charm, dazzling personality and genuine warmth is one of the main reasons I have remained on this site.

You and others have made this site more than those other, run of the mill, "I got mine, where's your's" sites. The camaraderie and sincere Christian fellowship here, through these forums, have been a real blessing to me.

Thank you Babygirl, and the rest of you, for your friendship and Christian warmth.

May God bless you.

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Apr, 2010 05:00 PM

Wow, Edw I'm going to copy and paste that on my resume!:laugh:

Thank you sooooo much for those kind words. You sincerely have been one of reasons that it has been worth staying as well, especially since P-luc left. Nobody will agrue with me, it's all love, dang! :laugh:

All those who are my friends, watch out! I love hard and even if you leave the site, move, whatever, I will find you. Once you're my friend, it's for life. Love yall!

PEM4

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Apr, 2010 09:26 PM

BabyGirl, you've a friend in me. I stand in support of your every word. As my sons would say I feel you on this topic. I grow tired of the dance. I think I am now resting with friends at the Chat Forum Club and giving praise to God. Now I find peace instead emotional challenge.

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Apr, 2010 08:49 AM

amen

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Apr, 2010 06:47 PM

Thanks for sharing, babygirl! So glad to know you, sister!

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Apr, 2010 07:02 PM

This is what we say in the hood 'real talk'. Meaning I really, really mean it when I say that meeting all of you has really been one of the best experiences.

I'm not just talking when I say I'm really glad to know you too, godslamb! :applause:

SOS4EMAILFRIEND

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Apr, 2010 03:17 AM

Hey every one

I am too short here on this site to be able to say that I all love you very much. But I really like the persons on this forum. But most important. You have made me feel welcome and for that I thank you all very much.

I never have been looking for a marriage partner or LTR on this site. I thought I made that very clear in my profile but I am afraid it did not help much.

Much to my surprise people completely ignored my profile and just spread their general message out. I sometimes even wondered if they had taken a good look at my picture... starting their post with hey cutie or hello beautiful...:ROFL:

I was on the point to leave this site as I did not want any romantic relationship and it seemed that was all I could get.

No one seemed to be interested in anything but "the real thing" as they would call it.

Then I decided to go the forum. I felt that that would be very difficult given my poor english. Saying something is one thing, but would I be able to understand it?

I remember the very first thread I opened. It was about chivalry..

I just could not stop . I found the way that tread started hilarious. I felt that if people could react like that, they must have a very relaxed way to go about things.

Well, I think I was right about that. I look upon this site not as a dating site but a forum site.

Harriet

SOS4EMAILFRIEND

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Apr, 2010 03:40 AM

Can you imagine... I forgot to mention the most important thing.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH EVERYBODY.

Maybe one day, I can tell you how much this all has meant to me, as my life is not easy right now. But the real point is, to find christian brothers on the other side of this world. People who you have never met, and probably never will. To be able to share ideas but more important, to get inspiration!

Particulary the women on this site! Healing and supportive!

Thank you.

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Apr, 2010 07:15 AM

Harriet, I'm so glad you feel welcome here! We are pretty relaxed, even when there is tension from someone looking for trouble. That chivalry thread was great! :ROFL:

The forums are the only reason I'm still on this site...and I was looking for a long-term relationship that could lead to marriage. I met a guy on another site, and that relationship has long-term potential. But I had a problem...I had already become totally hooked on the forums here. So, I deleted my profile on the other site, and severely edited this one to explain why I was here.

Page : 1 2