Author Thread: Bittersweet endings
bcpianogal

View Profile
History
Bittersweet endings
Posted : 18 Apr, 2010 07:05 PM

Well, my dating relationship is over. We parted on good terms, so there are no hard feelings, other than disappointment that it didn't work out. Basically, we had reached a point in our relationship where we were close friends, but it wasn't getting any deeper. He was very kind about it, and pointed out that I'm one of his closest friends...but that's all he could honestly say he felt for me -- friendship. He felt it was unfair to me to continue dating me in hopes of discovering something more. I have to say that I really appreciated his honesty and the fact that he didn't drag things out once he realized just how he felt.

He was (and still is) a really great person. He's one of the good guys. I have a lot of respect for him, and I'll remember our good times fondly. I don't regret meeting him and dating him. Some things just aren't meant to work out, I suppose.

I'm debating whether or not to even try to meet someone online again, or if I should just keep my options open on many different fronts. For now, I'm staying on this site for the forums...y'all are too much fun for me to leave now!

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Bittersweet endings
Posted : 18 Apr, 2010 08:07 PM

Bcp, I�m sorry� Really�however, I�m glad for you that you met someone you had an opportunity to get to know, and was on the up and up with you, and honest. I�m pretty sure you still have probably more respect for him because he was honest with you.

I�m glad you�re staying on the site, because you contribute much to us all. Continue being you, and use the experience to remind you that you know how having/building a friendship should be done, and that you had that opportunity with your friend.

:angel: ~ GraceMae

View Profile
History
Bittersweet endings
Posted : 18 Apr, 2010 11:51 PM

You are Young...

Gorgeous and Talented (did I mention Gorgeous?). Be not in a Rush...I have a feeling that he will just Plop into your life. Heck...if I were just 5 years younger...I'd be old enough to be your dad (Ugh! that sounds Old!).

I do feel for you and would like to extend my condolences.

God Bless you and YES...Stay...Sit....SPEAK!.....SPEAK!...RollOver!

Fetch!:ROFL:

SOS4EMAILFRIEND

View Profile
History
Bittersweet endings
Posted : 19 Apr, 2010 11:22 AM

I am so sorry to hear this.

One day you will understand why, as now you cannot see the great love, life has in store for you.

Or... maybe you can: if God lets this wonderful person pass you by.... just imagine what He will put on your path.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Bittersweet endings
Posted : 19 Apr, 2010 11:43 AM

Ouch...that doesn't sound like fun. I'm sorry it didn't work out. Don't lose hope though. And you did get a friend and some character-building out of it...thats good....if that helps, lol...

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
Bittersweet endings
Posted : 22 Apr, 2010 09:37 AM

SOS, that's a great one! @ "Or... maybe you can: if God lets this wonderful person pass you by.... just imagine what He will put on your path. "

bc do you realize that he put you in the friendzone! dang, i never heard of women ending up there... hmm, i'll bottle my curiousity for now. i pray that you gain wisdom and comfort from our great physician :nicenurse:, not the nurse silly, God! lol

nyanda:purpleangel:

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
Bittersweet endings
Posted : 22 Apr, 2010 02:07 PM

Thanks for all your sweet comments folks. I'm slowly getting used to the idea of being single again...but I won't say it's been an easy last several days. Even though we ended on a good note and there was no messy argument, it is still hard. And the more time I've had to think about it, the more confused I get. It was very sudden...on Friday he was talking about the future, marriage, how wonderful a girl I was and how he was lucky to have found me, then on Sunday he said we shouldn't date anymore. Just weird. And I don't think he got cold feet.

Nyanda, if you're curious, feel free to ask anything, or you can message me if you like. If I can't answer, I'll say so!

View Profile
History
Bittersweet endings
Posted : 22 Apr, 2010 10:04 PM

aw, i hate seeing you post this. any guy would be lucky to have you bc, just in case there was any doubt. also i didn't realize that was you. nice new pic. welcome back. now get back to work! :goofball:

InHisHonor

View Profile
History
Bittersweet endings
Posted : 22 Apr, 2010 11:15 PM

bc

All I can say is - he must be sick in the head.