Author Thread: wanna hear something crazy?
riveroflife1

View Profile
History
wanna hear something crazy?
Posted : 20 Jul, 2010 07:38 PM

I met a man on here about 2, almost 3 months ago. we began dating and seeing each other sometimes 4 times a week. We spent alot of time together and seems like we knew each other for a long time :)

He asked me to take the day off and go with him to Bakersfield on August 3rd for a court date.(he used to live there)...he let it slip that he was going to take me to look at engagement rings. His kids were excited about it and told me over and over that they couldnt wait for me to be a part of their lives permanently. His kids are 17 and 21 and they live with him. Anyway, he met my family and they liked him immediately and he fit right in... they were also excited about the upcoming engagement.

Long story short...last friday he says he doesnt want to see me anymore. No arguement or anything. Today he tells me that he had been communicating with a woman on here while we were dating and now he's TORN between us.

Now that I'm totally exposed...

What do you think of that?????????

riveroflife1

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jul, 2010 09:49 AM

it was hard to see that i'm better until i got on the other side of the hurt. I see clearly now that it was an attack on me, spritually. The enemy will do what he can to keep us from reaching our potential in Him. he is afraid of us because of our power, faith and testimony in Christ.

I pray that God remove anything in my life that would keep me from being wholly His, and He did. I'm a greatful daughter, my daddy always protects me. Although us sheep get caught in the fence, He is always there to clean us up, heal our wounds and bring us back into right standing with Him.

sometimes relationships can be idolatrous when in our hearts we put the other person before the Lord. Not conciously of course but it does happen. That was my concern when i got involved with him, turns out that concern was the Lord.

Been single a long time without any issues....lesson learned:)

I'm a strong woman of God who knows her identity in Him, the enemy will come and try to make us question that to weaken us. well i've got something for him..he failed because my father loves me and saved me from a horrible mistake that would probably would have led to me being spirutally idle and another divorce which would have taken years to be healed from.

So what did I learn from this? Just give them what they came for, Jesus. Not to get my heart involved.

To God be the Glory Forever!

Bless you, bless you, bless you all!!!

Jennifer

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jul, 2010 10:04 AM

River my golden rule is to date a year before sking her to marry me.maybe you should consider that rule also.

i_live_in_canada

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jul, 2010 12:48 PM

" River my golden rule is to date a year before asking her to marry me. maybe you should consider that rule also."

I had a lot more to say but will start my own thread.

God bless!

riveroflife1

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jul, 2010 01:43 PM

There was an old rule at my church that said ..you date for 3 months then you decide if he/she is husband/wife material.

if you still want to date, put a "date" on the calendar for marriage. If not, then stop seeing each other.

That was because the devil will always want us to fall into sin with that person. I think if you spend enough time with the person, 3 months is enough to know if you want to be engaged or not. You can always break an engagement.

I know plenty of couples married for 20-30 years that dated for a short time and still together. I know people that dated for years and are divorced and vice versa. So there is no remedy...it's the Lord. If He's not in it, it wont work.

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jul, 2010 01:46 PM

sounds like he's not able to make decisions. I am sorry that it happened to you!!!

havent dated anyone from this site.

dont want to sound sour, ...... but only difference between a Christian ( male/female) and the Others is.... they don't say:

"they were lead by god"

the man/ woman relationship ... is so confusing for both ..it feels like punishment.

riveroflife1

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jul, 2010 02:05 PM

lol...yeah it's definitely work for both. do you think it's easier to be single??? haha that's a big YES for me.

but the Lord has told me that He's preparing me for a husband, (just not that one)obviously, I have yet to meet him.

I kind of thought that too...ok, he acted like someone in the world would act and i got discouraged about christian men for a minute. The good ones are out there, they are scattered, haha.

We have to just keep our eyes on God. I dont mind waiting, I waited this long :)

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jul, 2010 02:54 PM

easier ...lol

I was married for16 yrs. divorced for 18. Started dating about 2 yrs. ago.

I was 37 when I legally divorced... Felt God told me I'd be single for a long time.... that part has been true.

Gosh, I always wanted to be married....... some place in my heart I still do... and hope to remarry.

my children are all grown and I am an empty-nester.

Easier??... not for single women with children.... there is very little compassion for this group. They carry the biggest load and Treasures.

God, has a divine reguard for the Fatherless and the Widow (no husband). What is not estimated as valuable ... He considers untouchable. In the Bible, there are many many verses of warning.... Anyone causing you, or attempting to harm this group (women and children) will suffer great and terriable judgement.

i_live_in_canada

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jul, 2010 03:21 PM

I think people are people. You can't expect that just because a man is a christian he is going to be any better then a non christian man. They will still have problems and flaws. As a christian he should be trying harder but that is not always the case.

God gives us free choice after all. He does not make any one be or act any way. It's still our choice how we behave. He can give us but it's still our free choice if we are going to fallow.

If God wanted a bunch of robots to control he would have just skipped the whole thinking and questing part of our brains. We would just do what our brains were programmed to do.

I do not believe we should expect God to do every thing for us. It' so easy to say the devil did that when things don't turn out how we had hoped. How hard is it to take responsibility for our own actions?

Just because you are a christian does not mean you should jump into things. Sure some times things can work even if they are a bit impulsive but with any decision it is best to not rush.

Three or four months is definitely not long enough to know some one. I think of people I know in my life and there was no way I knew them well in the first few months. Saying it's ok to get engaged because you can always break it off is not starting out on the right foot.

You should not rush into marriage because the temptation of sex. So what if you guys marry and after a few months find out it's not working out? Divorce? How is that any better then people that have sex before marriage? I think it's worse because marriage should be for ever. How is that love at all? That doesn't sound like the right reasons to get married. You don't hurry up and get married because you have physical needs. That is just a small part of marage.

Any one can have sex. Not every one can or will do the work it does take to make a marage last.

riveroflife1

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jul, 2010 04:49 PM

wasnt saying you should marry because of sex...but dont date forever because there is more of a temptation to fall INTO sin.

anyway, wanted to share my dating experience since it doesnt happen that often...and that is my choice. I would never go out with a man unless i think he could be husband material. so it seems I dont meet them to often, lol

Bless you guys!!!

i_live_in_canada

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jul, 2010 08:42 PM

Yes of course there is the other extreme of dating for ever. some (especially men) have a hard time committing.

Also it is really pointless to date some one that is not marriage material.

Thank you for sharing your story.

God bless :)

Page : 1 2 3 4