Author Thread: wanna hear something crazy?
riveroflife1

View Profile
History
wanna hear something crazy?
Posted : 20 Jul, 2010 07:38 PM

I met a man on here about 2, almost 3 months ago. we began dating and seeing each other sometimes 4 times a week. We spent alot of time together and seems like we knew each other for a long time :)

He asked me to take the day off and go with him to Bakersfield on August 3rd for a court date.(he used to live there)...he let it slip that he was going to take me to look at engagement rings. His kids were excited about it and told me over and over that they couldnt wait for me to be a part of their lives permanently. His kids are 17 and 21 and they live with him. Anyway, he met my family and they liked him immediately and he fit right in... they were also excited about the upcoming engagement.

Long story short...last friday he says he doesnt want to see me anymore. No arguement or anything. Today he tells me that he had been communicating with a woman on here while we were dating and now he's TORN between us.

Now that I'm totally exposed...

What do you think of that?????????

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jul, 2010 08:05 PM

My 1st thought is, wow, God saved you from some future foolishness. 2nd, why don't ppl understand that they will and must reap what they've sown? As much as I'm sure you're hurting, it's better that his character is revealed now than after you all got married. You're wiser now. Grab your lessons learned from the experience and with head head held high, shake the dust off your feet and move forward!

riveroflife1

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jul, 2010 08:15 PM

I wasnt as involved with ministry during this time, that should've been my huge RED flag :)

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jul, 2010 09:11 PM

Yes, that was a very true sign... Always remember, "if God doesn't start off being a part of it from the beginning, you are setting yourself up for failure"... For there are many here on the site (just as the enemy), that came to seek & devour as many as they can... Because one part of them want a true Godly woman, but hasn't grown into being a true "Godly man & king"...

So don't let it keep you from from moving forward, "but let it be an eye opener & lesson"... For there are those who enter our lives for a moment, in which God sends to teach us lessons in life...Except it as that, move on and know; "what the enemy had for you, God said no".... For there are many in sheep clothing, just as there are "false prophets"... Finally, "you can't miss something that you never had" (he wasn't who God shaped & molded you for)... Wait patiently on the Lord:yay:

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jul, 2010 07:00 PM

Oh, River I'm so sorry to hear this.

God loves you and has protected you, but I know you have to process through the emotions.

Thnk how those kids feel -- it seems he was hiding it from them, too. Honesty is so, so important!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jul, 2010 12:43 PM

Oh my...Ima so sad ta hear this...River~ You are a right fine Lady of GOD...I believe our Father might jus of tossed in a Test of " Virturious Integrity " for Both of ya...Cold Feet on His part ? Maybe...but Playin the Odds while professin Ode ta Love...is jus...well...plain ol Wishy~Washy...At lest he told you but Oviously the Gent has Failed this Test an You my dear sweet Sister have Passed the Test with flying colors...:yay:

Your Virtue an Integrity are intact in the LORD...an a Gent as this...well...His Loss...xo

Luv Ya

Jude

riveroflife1

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jul, 2010 09:34 AM

that's sweet jude, thank you

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jul, 2010 10:10 AM

brought you to look at some engagement rings yet then had the guts to break up with you ...

this is real insane story....sorry to hear bout that

BabyJesusGirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jul, 2010 03:01 PM

Looks like by the grace of God you were spared from a life of misery. My sister and I made a golden rule when it came to dating.. Date them all 4 seasons. Something about the changes of seasons always allows the true peson to come out. Keep your chin u.. Gods got someone better for you.

Your sister in Christ,

Chris

i_live_in_canada

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jul, 2010 12:19 AM

"I met a man on here about 2, almost 3 months ago"

That's your red flag! If a man is moving that fast it's not because he loves you. He is impatient. Marriage should only happen after you love some one. If he is so ready to rush in with you he will be also that ready with some one else.

Infatuation happens fast but love takes time. What's the rush? Marage should be for ever. Any decision that big should take time. We take longer to decide what car or house to buy.

This is one thing I have found dating sites to be full of. A lot of very impatient people.

Take your time. If he is serious he will stick around.

On a side note how immature to get his kids hopes up. He sounds like a looser. You are better off with out him.

I know it hurts but it is best that you found out now.

May God bless and heal your pain.

i_live_in_canada

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jul, 2010 12:27 AM

I was going to send you a pm but i'm younger then the age you listed to contact you. Just in case you were wondering why I viewed your profile :waving:

Page : 1 2 3 4