Author Thread
Shunammite

View Profile
wonder why .....
Posted : 12 Aug, 2009 05:12 PM

ole cattle, well, I have been MIA for a little while so I do not have context on this issue (too lazy to review the whole forum to figure it out). But personally, if I was 'hated on' because someone considered me beautiful, and NOT because I have exposed cleavage et al, then:

1) I will thank God for fulfilling scripture in my life - I am beautifully and wonderfully made!

2) I will rejoice! Beautiful is a relative word and the reaction to me simply would tell me I am MORE beautiful than them. Ha ha :). Think about it, if we were all 7 feet tall, would a 6 footer be 'tall'? Or does Warren Buffet call a �meager� wall street CEO �rich�? No. We see through the filter of relativity. We always do, no thanks to our competitive generation

3) I would feel sorry for them for not knowing who they are in Christ. Of course, I am beautiful. Aren�t I made after someone's image whose glory fills the temple? If I radiate even 0.000000001% of that glory, yeah, I am beautiful...

Sorry old man, don�t have the answer to your �why� question but some tips for anyone who may have been badmouthed.

Shunammite

View Profile
Ok last time then ill go away
Posted : 9 Aug, 2009 02:53 PM

ole cattle, you are turly very wise!

Shunammite

View Profile
Too Pretty
Posted : 5 Aug, 2009 06:37 PM

Oh Bush! Are these the US measurements? I think not. My understanding is that 40 is morbidly obese.

...and you'r right on the bulkiness of muscles. So at some doctor's office, you are asked if you are an athlete and they adjust the machines appropriately. I think for athletes, it's ~+2 for each of the above.

But anyways, what do men like? this is more for thought provocation. I think at the end of the day, it is important to keep our focus on the right place - upwards than 'look-wards'.

Shunammite

View Profile
Too Pretty
Posted : 5 Aug, 2009 06:34 PM

Oh Bush! Are these the US measurements? I think not. My understanding is that 40 is morbidly obese.

...and you'r right on the bulkiness of muscles so at some doctor's office, you are asked if you are an athlete so they can adjust the machines correctly. I think for athletes, its +2 for each of the above.

But anyways, what do men like? this is more for thought provocation. I think at the end of the day, it is important to keep our focus on the right place - upwards than 'lookwards'.

Shunammite

View Profile
Too Pretty
Posted : 5 Aug, 2009 05:00 PM

Alex, so why did you change your profile pic back to the melancholy? Are you still brooding? Man, dont. As many people have told you already, there is better in store for you.

On prettiness - well, sorry 'am not a guy, no clue. But I am curious, what dress size (female) attracts men. Is it really the double zeroes??? And what is considered overweight?

Shunammite

View Profile
Thoughts about dating/marrying a person of another culture/country
Posted : 5 Aug, 2009 04:57 PM

wise point on citizenship, LadyIzShy. You probably have learned that you can be used just for that purpose - attaining permanent US residency. But not everyone looks to use that way. God help us! How I wish we could read each other's minds - EVERYONE on earth! Talk about a brainet!

Shunammite

View Profile
Thoughts about dating/marrying a person of another culture/country
Posted : 5 Aug, 2009 04:54 PM

amazing! this applies to me as well - Naturalized American, but originally from Africa and grew up in England. I would actually prefer to date an American man because they treat women nicer than African men, generally speaking, and the expectation on women here is sooooooooo much less than Africa. I never thought of the in-law perspective. Never had been an issue in my family - I guess because we never really were rooted in Africa (parents and siblings are in England). But I guess you have a point, which makes sense because I do not see myself dating someone other than American/British or African. So, maybe if I had been born and raised American, that list will be 2 short :)

Shunammite

View Profile
Dating older men...
Posted : 5 Aug, 2009 02:34 PM

So, I just got back from a cruise with my daughter and I saw a really cute "Kodak moment" that I can easily envision myself within.

A lady (about my age - 34) married to an older man (about 47) holding hands and engrossed in deep conversation.

Now, I have always wanted a man older than me and never was part of the dating younger men revolution. Maybe because I feel a man should be the "Tender warrior" and a shoulder to lean on, and wisdom comes with age, plus I connect so much with my dad and other fatherly figures (uncles, mentors, et al), etc... but ladies, what are your thoughts/experiences on this?

Is there something that I should know about dating older men? Are there surprises?

My perfect age group would be 44-47 but is that too old for me? Pls share your honest opinion. you can also email me if you dont feel comfortable spilling here.

Men - you as well, what have you found to be good or bad about dating younger women?

PS: I am NOT a gold digger. I have been thoroughly blessed with some gold of my own, but at the same time, would prefer someone richer or at least equal just because I dont want to play "cow to be milked" - BTDT. OF course all this is 'my' desires - subject to "HIS" plan for my life (Jeremiah 29: 11)

Shunammite

View Profile
Wondering
Posted : 25 Jul, 2009 08:36 PM

sorry to hear that but glad you finally know. its good to have closure. i pray God leads u to THE best for you, this, obviously wasnt it, brother!

PS: are you an INFJ/ENFJ? you write/act like it! just curious...

Shunammite

View Profile
annoys
Posted : 25 Jul, 2009 08:32 PM

hey ole Cattle, is this a snare to reveal our "caveat emptor"s and scare off prospectives? Just kidding...

I over-analyze things and read between the lines, existent or non-existent. a.k.a I find it hard to trust people, including myself and sometimes my FATHER too. I am in HIS school and sometimes it feels like I have stayed in the same grade forever! Took me a long time to understand what Thomas did wrong - hey, he just wanted facts, right? So, what is so wrong with that. I finally found out - UNBELIEF. Lack of trust quickly leads to UNBELIEF!

I also tend to be very deep and non-spontaneous. I respect people who live in the day. What a gift!!!

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10