Author Thread
Shunammite

View Profile
Lacking Fire...
Posted : 17 Aug, 2009 06:56 PM

...So here is my 'frigidity' post.

Brothers (sisters, join the party too, pls!) - how do you handle if a sister (your wife, of course) 'lacks fire' sexually? Do you automatically conclude frigidity OR do you consider that she may be lacking the true fire - the fire of your love?

This is somewhat a rhetoric - random thoughts but do share your thoughts.

Sisters, if you've experienced emotional frigidity, you know that lack of true love could result in emotional frigidity which also causes physical coldness. Sad to say, our well degraded sex culture screams at us that everything is sexual but is that really so? Lets face it, for most women, the fire starts in the heart. Regardless of how the TV paints us, we are still emotional beings who love to be loved. Why do some brothers find it so hard to get that and neglect to lay the ground work all day long, but expect to come home to a hot fire?

Now, I am not advocating that wives be prostitutes - selling sex to your husband in exchange for favors, but common, brothers, there is no microwave fireplaces (at least not yet), so why expect microwave sexual readiness?

Am I way off here? Are there women out there that are �push button� digital sexual clocks or is my thought right that most women are analog watches that need to be wound?

No offence to either the digital (jet age, huh?) or analog ones amongst us. Just how I am expressing it, but y�all get my drift, do you?

Randomly B'Loved!

Shunammite

View Profile
First Kiss
Posted : 16 Aug, 2009 05:51 PM

kkid, true talk! Physical warmth may disappear after marriage so not a good thing to judge before anyways!

I feel like starting a different post of frigidity... Just to hear pple's thoughts on same. Especially as it relates to some emotional causes.

Shunammite

View Profile
First Kiss
Posted : 16 Aug, 2009 05:48 PM

gloryshine, tough one for me to consider (sorry I am responding, though not a guy).

Short answer - I dont know. I had my original 1st kiss on my wedding day, but it was quite easy to wait then, never having tasted the fruit. Well now, been there done that, I think it will be harder to wait.

But i love your comment about "trash recycled". LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the idea of a renewed virgin and will prayerfully consider going that route with kissing too.

Pray for me! I am a romantic and hopefully, holding hands and snuggling close will suffice ;-)

Shunammite

View Profile
What makes me dis-qualified from eligibility?
Posted : 16 Aug, 2009 05:39 PM

Yet another VERY wise post from ole cattle! Forgiveness is key, howbeit very hard. But ask God for grace to let go. It is a choice. I heard it said once: When you forgive, you release 'someone' from prison, only to find it was you! Also, the giver is always above the receiver. Forgiveness puts you on a higher plane (spiritual and all) than the offender. True it doesnt automatically heal your hurts, but it puts you on the path to true healing.

PS: generalization is one way of knowing there is unforgiveness. That played out in my life until I forgave completely. Sometimes, I still 'catch' myself generalizing and then I dig deeper and find the hurt oozing again, then I reprocess forgiveness. Too bad forgiveness does not automatically guarantee forgetting the pain but again, it does put you on God's radar for total healing and restoration.

So bro, there is a princess out there for you to treat like one. Let God work on YOU first and then bring her to you in due season. She will treat you like a king!

I wish you well!

B'loved

Shunammite

View Profile
IS it wrong to trust?
Posted : 14 Aug, 2009 04:36 PM

Oh, I wish I had such faith. I genereally dont trust until given reason to. My personality is "still waters run deep" and I am an Analyst by profession so those two combined dont help matters. HOWEVER, here is where I get worried for me - once I trust, it takes toooo long to break the trust! Even when I see things wrong, I keep analyzing in that person's favor. Not answering your question but I feel you!

Shunammite

View Profile
What does he really want???
Posted : 14 Aug, 2009 04:32 PM

Pls dump him - FAST!

Shunammite

View Profile
wonder why .....
Posted : 12 Aug, 2009 06:38 PM

thanks, ole cattle

Shunammite

View Profile
latter day saints
Posted : 12 Aug, 2009 05:50 PM

kkid, question - why do you so often post in all caps. I dont think you mean to yell as it implies...

Shunammite

View Profile
wonder why .....
Posted : 12 Aug, 2009 05:46 PM

...in good spirit. age is wisdom. I turned the other side of mid 30's just this week and i am glad age is wisdom!

Shunammite

View Profile
Salt and pepper? Or...salt and salt?
Posted : 12 Aug, 2009 05:28 PM

they say opposites attract but i dont know :)

I assume your reference is wrt personality. For me, its salt and salt with a dash of pepper!

Actually, I am big on Myers Brigg's typology and for my type, salt and salt is widely known to work out great and recommended as the right match: http://www.articlesbase.com/relationships-articles/do-opposites-attract-compatibility-and-your-myers-briggs-personality-type-263482.html

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10