Author Thread
pluc

View Profile
Be aware that people view you in still picture mode not in video mode
Posted : 16 Mar, 2010 07:52 AM

Did you totally miss it when I said she now does it for herself. Did you not read that. I think sometimes you have selective hearing 1babygirl. Read all the post not just the part you want to debate about. Hear my heart not just what you think.

It is a FACT that we live in this world system. We are called to win people out of it. We are to be WISE as serpents but HARMLESS as doves. Wake up babe this is the way it works. God created this world He did not corrupt it but He made it this was so use everything not just part of what you got to influence it.

pluc

View Profile
Posted : 16 Mar, 2010 07:11 AM

People people maybe you did not see what we both wrote. We acknowledged that putting Christ first the priority. We acknowledged that we would not turn any one away because he/she has tattos or smells. We would embrace them we arms open wide. That would make even a bigger influence the fact that we are dressed nice and looking good but willing to get all of that dirty when one that is not dressed so nice and smells comes in and we wrap our arms around them as if we dont care.

What makes a bigger difference that or one that looks like them doing it. We are not saying turn them away. We (edw & p-luc) are addressing more mature believers and simply saying take a watch your appearance because teh world is looking at you.

I love preaching on the streets of Downtown Dallas. And when they see me coming they ask me for money quickly because I always look like I have it. And I give it to them as well as pray for them hug them and minister the Love of Christ to them. What an awesome image that presents. (A man that looks like he has it all, but is willing to lay it all down to minister Christ with eyes full of tears for the lost). COME ON THAT IMAGE GETS ME EXCITED ABOUT MY LORD. Isn't that what Jesus did. He had everything. He laid it all down to minister to us.

As it relates to attracting a mate, we should do the same.

And about the plus sized women issue. I knew it was a hot button topic. For you information I was married 22 years to a woman who was slender at first and became large later. I never said a word to her because I loved her for who she was not for her body. I do not go around talking about women that are over weight. One of my best female friends is the one who brought all of this to my attention. She was 300 lbs at the time. One day she woke up and said "I am crazy. I keeep eating but expect a fine looking man to want me. She said look at what he is getting. I should be ashamed of myself I want to offer him the best not this." So she got up begin to work out a lose weight. SHe started doing it so you she could look better for her future husband. Now she does it so she can look go for herself. I am proud of her and want the same pride for all my sisters in Christ.

Sometimes what seems like an insult is just the brutal truth. It takes a bold brother or sister in Christ to speak it at times. Our American Christian culture needs a reality check sometimes.

pluc

View Profile
How to pick the right one
Posted : 15 Mar, 2010 05:40 PM

right on target my sister. As it relates to finding a spouse ot being found as you ladies do it, it is a real process. You have to find the balance between a friend and a significant other. Developing a friendship with someone you are interested in can be a challenge.

pluc

View Profile
My Nightmare Blind Date Story is....
Posted : 15 Mar, 2010 05:31 PM

I have no cute story to tell seeing that I got married at the young age of 22 and I haven't really dated at all since my divorce. But I will say that my friends are off limits to the rantings of 1babygirl. I didn't even know this forum was going on over here but it is good to read all the normal people comments. Ya let me know when 1babygirl puts my name in her mouth. LOL

pluc

View Profile
Posted : 15 Mar, 2010 04:36 PM

Couldn't of said it any better my brother.

:applause::applause::applause:

pluc

View Profile
Posted : 15 Mar, 2010 03:30 PM

Ok I have to work sometimes but I had to chime it. Edw you the man again your descriptions about the church were right online with my thoughts. Christian people often get so hung up on the heart that they forget about the outer appearance. All my life I did that I worked on my character, my heart, my walk with Christ. It was and is still the mos valuable thing to me. But the people in world could not see that because they were looking at my dirty run over shoes!!! I lost business because I was only thinking about the inside and did not give any consideration to outer appearance. So now I have my priorities straight. My character, integreity, first, and my appearance is a far distance second place. But I know that if I want to influence the world I have to so them what they want to see so I can get close enough to give them the word. WAKE UP PEOPLE!!! The world is looking at us through their lens not ours.

pluc

View Profile
Posted : 15 Mar, 2010 10:06 AM

Ok I did not say it to rile you up. I just knew it would. I speak the truth as I see unless spelled out clearly in the word. Obviously you did not read what I said correctly. I said I think plus sized young women take better pictures often times than pettie young woman. And I like that. That is because I can see the beauty beaming out from inside of her. BUT MOST MEN DO NOT SEE THAT. They do not have the experience that I have of working with hundreds of women. So women take it from a straight man that knows how to relate to you. YOU HAVE TO SHOW THEM. Do not be fooled by 1babygirls rants about us judging you wrong or the idea that you can be plus size and get a fine man. It can be done but it is rare. Even Tyler Perry seems to put this message across in his plays. Get my quotes right 1babygirl lol.

pluc

View Profile
Posted : 15 Mar, 2010 08:06 AM

oh no I riled up the queen bee. She is up and ready to fight. I knew that would get you but not that well. You that is the problem now. If a man just happens to mention weight or anything in that neighborhood he is in trouble. Maybe you should read my earlier post where I said that overweight women (by the world's standard) most of the time take better pictures than the quote pettie supposedly fine women. I even said they are sexier. So do not put words in my mouth Ms. 1babygirl. I do know how to differenciate although i may not know how to spell it. Sexy has nothing to do with the weight it has to do with the attitude like yours. BUT MOST MEN DO NOT KNOW THAT. I am not most men. You have to show it to them. Not is a lose way of dressing of course.

pluc

View Profile
Posted : 14 Mar, 2010 11:42 PM

first to riveroflife Maybe 1babygirl has made me seem a little bit harsh or maybe my response to her has been harsh. You see I have talked to her on the phone. She knows that looks mean nothing to me if you do not have your heart right with the Lord. It is not if you go to church or not with me. It is how strong are you in the Lord. My standard is high for what I am believing God for in a spouse. And it starts in the spirit.

I just happen to have noticed that most of my spiritual sisters that are overweight or that do not dress it up right keep making excuses for not finding a man. They are great women. But the men can't see that because of their slothful attitude about their appearance. God has called us to take care of this temple and a small part of that is our appearance. It is a lot like going on a job interview. You can have a great resume, and be totally qualified for the job, but if you have a big stain on your suit, or a wrinkled shirt the employer will be looking at that and not your better qualities. So we should give ourselves teh best chance to get the job.

1babygirl the woman that wins my heart will probably be a strong woman of prayer, one that loves to minister to young people, and one that loves to look good, and of course she will be SEXY. The are you saved question will not even come up because her life will show it from head to toe. The real question will be one of vision, destiny, and purpose. She is a prosperous, woman also. Thank you Jesus I can see her already.

pluc

View Profile
Posted : 14 Mar, 2010 01:50 PM

edw

You are the man. Hounds tooth huh? You should have taken a picture and let me see that. You probably were sharp for the Lord. Nobody should be offended by the truth that you spit out. They should learn from it. They should learn how men think and grow thereby. Even if they think you were wrong at least they can learn from a couple of brutally honest men.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8