Author Thread
pluc

View Profile
Hello Mix Love
Posted : 23 Feb, 2010 12:56 PM

Thanks ole cal you are right so this is a disclaimer for all of those who might have taken offence to what I said. I did not mean that only black men have flavor and swagger. I just meant they have more. NO NO just joking. Really every race and creed does have something awesome to offer. So please understand I am just joking. I grew up in an army town where we saw no color. I have learned a lot from all kinds of people. I go to a totally mixed church also. but life is not fun unless you have a little humor in it. So Akuilfa as I said before your man is in God's will for you. So believe Him for that man and he will be the greatest thing you have ever dreamed of.

Pluc

pluc

View Profile
Hello Mix Love
Posted : 23 Feb, 2010 08:08 AM

As a black man I would have to say "what is up? what is wrong with us black men". lol. For real I do understand why a person would have a preference. For example me. I want a BLACK woman. I do not even look at the others. Because I want a BLACK woman. So there is nothing wrong with you having a preference baby. Do your thing and don't let 1babygirl get you all twisted. If you want a man with no flavor, swagger, you know go for it. I think you should give us another look, because although we black men have our problems we are really interesting. But on the real believe God for what you want and He will give it to you. Be specific and keep an open heart as he shows you what He has prepared for you. You will like it the best.

pluc

View Profile
Do I Kiss or Not Kiss
Posted : 20 Feb, 2010 12:28 AM

Thanks Ole Cal

Well I think it is about time for me to reveal my decision about this whole kissing thing. Well i started out with this goal as a protection thing to make sure I did not fall into sin. After 22 years of marriage I was afraid I would not know how to stop. While kissing one thing leads to another and before you know it you are in trouble. But one young lady asked be what are you afraid of. You act as if you can not control yourself. I mean I would not even hug at time. That made me think why am I dong this and is it realistic. So I started the forum to see what you guys thought or if you could change my mind on what I was going to do.

As of today i still have not kissed a woman since I have been single. And I am proud of that.

But I am getting back in the game DAWG. As soon as the right one comes along I am going to do it. Of course I think I have met a person that I would love to dive in with the first kiss, but we will see. Thanks for all your input it is changing my life for the better. You guys truly are the body of Christ.

Love You

Pluc

pluc

View Profile
Can men and women be 'Just Friends'?
Posted : 20 Feb, 2010 12:13 AM

Ok 1babygirl

Here is my take on it from a guys prespective. I do not think its is really good unless the relationship is defined right up front. I mean if you are attracted to a guy then you should not have be great friends with that person unless it could become more.

I have a lot of female friends. On in particular comes to mind. I would not date her for any reason at any time and the feeling is mutual. We are very close. But make sure I am never seen with her in public because we are too close. I don't want my good to be evil spoken of. SO not I do not think it is good unless you have a very clear understanding. As for your husband, if I were him I would be the only male best friend you would need besides Jesus. I would be you all and all outside of the Lord. So I applaud the husband that says no way this has got to stop.

Watch yourself girl you don't want to run off a good man for a few busta friends.

Pluc

pluc

View Profile
Does Jesus teach us to love our neighbors as ourselves?
Posted : 18 Feb, 2010 10:14 AM

well done I read the one in Matt. all this time but Luke's description of it is better. I have to go study that myself a little better. But teh message still stands. He did not teach people to love their neighbors as themselves He simply repeated the law even here. It is as if He was testing the lawyer to see if He was doing the law first because he knew that was their standard. Although He taught them to love on a greater level.

Thanks for your input I am really learning here.

pluc

View Profile
Posted : 18 Feb, 2010 07:34 AM

You are on it man that is exactly right and where I am going. Not only did His actions say that we should die for one another that is what He said. If you look at those scriptures He starts out in Matt 5 raising the bar on how we should love. And He is comparing the old way of loving to a new way of loving that He is teaching you in word and deed. He says do not just love your neighbor but love your enemy also. Then whenever He mentions "love your neighbor as yourself" He is ALWAYS quoting the law (which He is not doing away with but raising a higher standard for us Christians). And He does not quote it to teach you something but simply to answer a question that the unbelieving hard hearted religious people asked Him. I mean these are the guys that eventually killed Him. These are the same guys that He called snakes. Remember He said do not cast your pearls among the swine. They were the swine and the new way to love is the pearl. So He just answered their question but taught His disciples and the rest of us believers the truth which is we are to love one another as He loved us. (And guess what He died for us). Keep studiying Paul does the same thing.

Now you asked did Jesus speak in "code". The answer is a big resounding YEAH. He always spoke in parables. Read Matt 13 where they asked Him why are you speaking to us in parables that we do not understand or "code". Read Psalms 25:2 where it says it is the GLORY of God to conceal "code" a thing and it is the honor of kings to seek it out. What about Paul always talking about the mysteries of God. God wants us to constantly seek Him and He REVEALS His secrets as we seek Him. Think of it like we are in a war and He is sending us coded messages so that the enemy does not hear them. Awesome Right!!!

pluc

View Profile
Posted : 17 Feb, 2010 09:13 PM

browneyedgirlky your common sense is outstanding. Good word. But let's now prove if this is true or not in the word. The word is the final authority here right. It is right and everything else is wrong. So lets examine the scriptures carefully and remember my last statements they give the answer away. Here are the new testament scriptures on the subject as it relates to Jesus.

Matt. 5:43

Matt. 22:35-40

Mark 12:28-31

Luke 6:27-32

Luke 10:25-27

John 13;34-38

Check it out ya

pluc

View Profile
Posted : 17 Feb, 2010 08:44 PM

Ok Jesusfreak421

You really did not answer you just posted a scripture. So you did not take a side. You think that scripture answers the question. Look at it closely the lawyer a Pharasis and a religious person who has no real relationship with Jesus ask him a question a Jesus simply repeats to him what the greatest commandment up to that point was. He simply repeats the law. (what is already known) But this is not Him initiating a teaching. Just answers a question. But what does He teach about love.

pluc

View Profile
Costly Expectations - What Have You Done for Me Lately?
Posted : 17 Feb, 2010 08:21 PM

GraceMae That was so nice. Wow you wrote on my post but yours was awesome. I recently experienced something just like she said. Something easily gained I did not value very long and someone did the same to me I gave my heart up quickly to eventually get given back. I am learning to move much more slowly. We men really do want to give everything to our women. Well i do.

pluc

View Profile
Posted : 17 Feb, 2010 08:12 PM

Most pastors and teachers teach us to love our neighbors as ourselves. But I do not think Jesus did so. Since we are Christians we should follow His example. But the question remains did He teach us to love our neighbors as ourselves. If not what did He teach us to do.

I would challenge anyone on the site to prove to me that Jesus did teach us or his disciples to love their neighbors as they love themselves.

Please be careful the obvious answer is not so obvious if you read the scriptures properly and they do bring our a great revelation.

Pluc

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8