Author Thread
KJVonly

View Profile
Who follows the Roman Catholic Church may surprise you! Sola Scriptura?
Posted : 16 Aug, 2019 04:42 PM

Sorry Zech, I am used to Parrots many postings all at once.

KJVonly

View Profile
Who follows the Roman Catholic Church may surprise you! Sola Scriptura?
Posted : 16 Aug, 2019 04:41 PM

Although it is recorded in scripture, I would not read the ones claiming to be the book of Jasher as they are counterfeits. So,..where is the real book?

2 Samuel 1:18 (Also he bade them teach the children of Judah the use of the bow: behold, it is written in the book of Jasher.)

There is a book called “The Book of Jasher” today, although it is not the same book as mentioned in the Old Testament. It is an eighteenth-century forgery that alleges to be a translation of the “lost” Book of Jasher by Alcuin, an eighth-century English scholar. There is also a more recent book titled “The Book of Jashar” by science fiction and fantasy writer Benjamin Rosenbaum. This book is a complete work of fiction.

Another book by this same name, called by many “Pseudo-Jasher,” while written in Hebrew, is also not the “Book of Jasher” mentioned in Scripture. It is a book of Jewish legends from the creation to the conquest of Canaan under Joshua, but scholars hold that it did not exist before A.D. 1625. In addition, there are several other theological works by Jewish rabbis and scholars called “Sefer ha Yashar,” but none of these claim to be the original Book of Jasher.

This is why you stick to scripture!

KJVonly

View Profile
Why aren't the Great Pyramids of Giza mentioned in the Bible? - or are they?
Posted : 16 Aug, 2019 03:46 PM

Parrot..

Wikipedia is not reliable.

My daughter knew that in school.

You can modify it. How is it reliable then?

From Wikipedia's OWN WEBSITE!

Wikipedia is not a reliable source. Wikipedia can be edited by anyone at any time. This means that any information it contains at any particular time could be vandalism, a work in progress, or just plain wrong. ... Wikipedia generally uses reliable secondary sources, which vet data from primary sources.

This page in a nutshell: Do not use a Wikipedia article as a source for another Wikipedia article, even when describing Wikipedia.

KJVonly

View Profile
Thoughts on Reincarnation
Posted : 16 Aug, 2019 03:39 PM

Parrot

Quote:

Ephesians 2:8,9: For it is by **GRACE** you have been saved, through **FAITH**—and this **NOT FROM YOURSELVES**, it is the **GIFT OF GOD**—not by works. So that no one can boast. For we are **GOD'S WORKMANSHIP**, created in Christ Jesus to do **GOOD WORKS**, which God prepared in advance for us to do!

End quote

So you understand now that God works in us and our Faith produces works ...so works is ok but not for salvation. I always thought you was against any works whatsoever.

KJVonly

View Profile
Independent Lights
Posted : 16 Aug, 2019 03:30 PM

I understand your thinking, Zech, that God spoke and there could have been a big bang. The secular media won't tell you that it was God doing it. It is always by happenstance....like us..but God never said there was a bang at all...just things appeared as he spoke it into existence. Can you imagine doing that? I want a million dollars in my lap...no bang, just a million right there instantly..Try closing your eyes and imagine something you know to be in your home like your computer (smiles) and then pretend you spoke it into existence and then open your eyes and there it is..That is how I see creation. Not with a bang...Although I cannot prove there wasn't one. (Now Parrot will say I believe in the big bang) It is just that the Bible doesn't record one.

Here is something for atheists to ponder...

Have you ever seen an animal like a dog look at the sunset and enjoy it and marvel at the creation? No..why? Because we are made in his image. We are unique to creation. Why do people worship anything else when they don't have God? Because we are designed for worship.

We have no excuse. Didn't you quote that verse.? (smiles)

KJVonly

View Profile
Are we Avatars in a physical reality? Was Jesus?
Posted : 16 Aug, 2019 02:51 PM

No, Adam is not reincarnated as Jesus .

KJVonly

View Profile
Are we Avatars in a physical reality? Was Jesus?
Posted : 16 Aug, 2019 02:43 PM

You really don't read your bible do you?

First Adam, Second Adam?

Are you say Jesus is the reincarnated spirit of Adam reconciling the world back to God?

End quote:

1 Corinthians 15:45-47 King James Version (KJV)

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

47 The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

Adam had one nature - that of a human. He had the possibility of disobedience and did disobey God. After the sin of Adam and Eve animal sacrifices were brought to God. Yet the blood of animals could not take away the sin of Adam and his race. God had to have perfect human nature sacrificed in place of sinful human nature.

The Lord Jesus is the last Adam and the Second Man. He is the last man to be without a sin nature. His nature was both human and divine. He was the second man - the man from heaven. As the God-man He could be the suitable sacrifice for the sins of the world. The Bible says that Jesus offered Himself as the sacrifice for sin.

KJVonly

View Profile
6000 years? Or... Thousands/Millions of years with Catastrophic Global resets?
Posted : 16 Aug, 2019 02:37 PM

Yay! LittleDavid may be back in soon.

I am eager to hear his input on various global catastrophic events and how it shaped our world. He eats this stuff for breakfast.

KJVonly

View Profile
Posted : 16 Aug, 2019 02:29 PM

I hate to mention Graham Hancock also ..he gets into some far out stuff. What he promotes is fairy tales..Even Scientific American says his thoughts on an advanced civilization 12,000 years ago is bogus.

In part, here is the article:

Hancock has spent decades in his vision quest to find the sages who brought us civilization. Yet decades of searching have failed to produce enough evidence to convince archaeologists that the standard timeline of human history needs major revision. Hancock's plaint is that mainstream science is stuck in a uniformitarian model of slow, gradual change and so cannot accept a catastrophic explanation.

Not true. From the origin of the universe (big bang), to the origin of the moon (big collision), to the origin of lunar craters (meteor strikes), to the demise of the dinosaurs (asteroid impact), to the numerous sudden downfalls of civilizations documented by Jared Diamond in his 2005 book Collapse, catastrophism is alive and well in mainstream science. The real magicians are the scientists who have worked this all out.

End article

If people would just read the Bible, it is all there!!! who the first man and woman were, the genealogy of Jesus, etc !

But he wrote on the pyramids in several books so I went to his website to try and find some verse reference.

I found some like this.

Job 14:11

As the waters fail from the sea, and the flood decayeth and drieth up:

Sounds like Egypt.

Notice it says flood dries up. Interesting.

I hate to even quote Josephus and he was a Jewish historian!. He won the favor of the Roman General Vespasian and took his name after he surrendered.

KJVonly

View Profile
Posted : 16 Aug, 2019 02:01 PM

Do you believe it is a monument to Yahweh?

I don't believe it was a burial chamber either.

I have always loved Egyptian architecture..or what I believed to be Egyptian. I had book after book as a kid on it. Love the Sphinx and bust of Nefertiti. I love the Pyramids also. Some say the align exactly with Orions Belt. So imagine my surprise when I read Job years ago!

Hath the rain a father? or who hath begotten the drops of dew?

29 Out of whose womb came the ice? and the hoary frost of heaven, who hath gendered it?

30 The waters are hid as with a stone, and the face of the deep is frozen.

31 Canst thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion?

32 Canst thou bring forth Mazzaroth in his season? or canst thou guide Arcturus with his sons?

33 Knowest thou the ordinances of heaven? canst thou set the dominion thereof in the earth?

34 Canst thou lift up thy voice to the clouds, that abundance of waters may cover thee?

Page : 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125