Author Thread
Ocean17

View Profile
why reject Mr. Nice Guy?
Posted : 22 Oct, 2018 07:02 PM

BTW Quoting the bible is attractive when it is done at the right time, in the right context!

Ocean17

View Profile
why reject Mr. Nice Guy? Part two!
Posted : 22 Oct, 2018 06:59 PM

A friend of mine had a long distance relationship wih a man she met on vacation, who sent her an email (poems, quotes from the bible etc...) every day. She loved it. I eventually met him and loved the way he loved my friend. When she was ready to leave her family and home country to be with him through marriage, he panicked. I will never understand his decision. My friend felt so rejected and I really don't care for the guy she is dating now (they met on a dating sight like this one).

Chivalry type of guy if find if it genuine. If you are doing it to impress, everyone will see through that quick enough.

I once dating someone who brought a gift every time he came to my house to visit. I had to ask him to stop. I felt like he was trying to buy me. To this day, I still believe this. I also feel he was a stocker.

The attention will not be appreciated if is just what you want to give and not what she wants to receive. One size does not fit all.

Ocean17

View Profile
why reject Mr. Nice Guy?
Posted : 22 Oct, 2018 06:27 PM

Great question. Depends on each of our definition's of Nice guy. What I consider as Nice is not the same as most of my friends. Sometimes nice just means, not a bad guy, just not for me.

Rambo as I've mentioned before, I could easily switch the sexes around. I've seen men reject just as many Nice girls. (aka Bad boys).

Does physical attraction really mean that much to women? Does physical attraction really mean that much to men?

This attraction does not necessarily mean the usual visual/physical definition to everyone.

I have a few must haves on my list and quoting the bible is not one of them. Most people who do, quote out of context and do so to attempt to impress. Some have not spent enough time with people to apply what they've learnt from the bible.

I would say more but I don't want to take over the thread.

Blessings all!

Ocean17

View Profile
What is it about younger men that can attract older women?
Posted : 14 Oct, 2018 06:18 PM

I am young at heart and appreciate men who are too.

Perhaps these women see a man who is not hardened by life's experiences and is hopeful for the future.

Ocean17

View Profile
My Pics ?
Posted : 14 Oct, 2018 06:01 PM

I replied once that I was not interested in him and he replied a comment where I blocked him. He changed his name online and I've blocked that one too.

Everyone here has some degree of vulnerability. This is why I focus on getting to know each other before too many expectations are formed. If the worse thing that happens is a friendship, that's good in my eyes.

Ocean17

View Profile
Friends zone
Posted : 14 Oct, 2018 12:45 PM

Dear Rambo,

"Men generally DO NOT form close friendships with woman they are attracted to.... it short circuits the male brain because every hug needs extra effort in restraint for example."

I knew this. Thank you for the reminder. This is the type of insight that I find intelligent. Something that I can try to remember when interacting with men. No hugging......just kidding.

Ocean17

View Profile
Photos are so important!
Posted : 14 Oct, 2018 11:55 AM

I often receive requests for a photo.

I prefer to get to know someone first by email. If the guy insists on it, I wish him well.

I dated more than most in the past because of what I look like. I am fine with meeting new friends however, I am here to find a long term relationship leading toward marriage.

I have dated good looking guys who seemed to have it all, less attractive guys, tall and my height, slim, athletic, a few extra pounds, with a job, without a job etc....

Today, I find I am attracted to what I believe is an intelligent man. Yes, a picture gives more information but is it really a picture of that person, in some cases, it has turned me away from that person for various reasons. Some of the pictures have me questioning What was he thinking?

Women have to be more cautious than ever before. Men are attracted by what they see first, rather than the personality. I do prefer a picture of you men, yet I don't have one. Simple. I need to believe I will be safe with you. If that is not enough for you, than we can either be friends or move on. Period.

Ocean17

View Profile
Is intelligence a turnoff? If so, why?
Posted : 9 Oct, 2018 07:23 PM

Oh dear....

I know plenty of men that are smart, smart enough to have married the woman they are married to, to listen, to put her above everything (except God), to support her spiritually, emotionally, mentally, physically and financially.

Smart enough to know that no one else will love them the way she does.

Smart enough to admit they have work to do and willing to do it.....

Ocean17

View Profile
What are/is your insight(s) of a woman who is independent and knows how to think for herself?
Posted : 8 Oct, 2018 09:38 AM

A note to add that I agree there are natural roles for men and women. It is my opinion, that for centuries the roles were abused and women have spoken up. Now it's gone too far that men are confused, so are women.

All this to say we need new conversations.

Ocean17

View Profile
What are/is your insight(s) of a woman who is independent and knows how to think for herself?
Posted : 8 Oct, 2018 09:35 AM

Rambo know that I have missed your comments and insights but sometimes ......

Men often say they don't understand women. If she is taking the time to tell you, take you by the hand if need be, to share with you what she needsfrom you, consider it a blessing!!!

If you don't pay attention or consider it a burden to do so, you will have more success in relationships if you get a pet such as a dog.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8