Author Thread
Ocean17

View Profile
Behavior
Posted : 16 Oct, 2019 05:34 PM

P.S. Although the question is regarding women, under ask a girl, it would be wrong not to also pray for the men who have been abused by women.....it is at times so evident in the comments. Pray for us all!!

Ocean17

View Profile
Behavior
Posted : 16 Oct, 2019 05:31 PM

Cupcakeme great question.

Sweeetlybroken1 I believe your comments are some of the most valuable I've read on this site. Why? Maybe a woman who is currently being abused, may read this and feel supported, strengthened and encouraged in a small way.

Maybe a man who has abusive thoughts, tendacies and actions may read this, see himself.

May we all be transformed by the Holy Spirit.

Who ever you are reading this, be blessed and together we are praying for YOU!

Heavenly Father, we are your children looking for direction. Give us all direction and clear messages on how we can discover, learn, see, listen, talk, share and be humbled in this complexe world. Amen.

Ocean17

View Profile
Vancouver BC - General Christian Discussion
Posted : 13 Oct, 2019 01:15 PM

Hello,

I realise your intentions are honorable however, a separated person should not be on a dating site. You are inviting women to be adulterous.

Blessings to you and your family!

Ocean17

View Profile
Thanksgiving weekend in Canada
Posted : 13 Oct, 2019 12:33 PM

.....PS

I am thankful for the relationships that I have had, lessons learned, and that I have not yet married.....

Ocean17

View Profile
Thanksgiving weekend in Canada
Posted : 13 Oct, 2019 12:31 PM

I wasn't sure where to post this and thought this would be common to all. Our dating stories/experiences. Afterall, this is mostly why we are here.

We have upcoming elections in our country and this weekend you can advance vote. I am thankful that as a woman, I can vote at all. A previledge not available to many.

In addition, I am thankful for the great country that I live in Canada.

What are you thankful for?

Ocean17

View Profile
Behavior
Posted : 13 Oct, 2019 12:08 PM

Until you have been in a harmful relationship where your rights have been abused, you will never truly understand the difficulty in leaving. This could be with your upbringing, relationships later on, even at work. At times church.

A friend of mine's mother was a major drug dealer in our area, long before I met them. As I got to know their family more in later years, I spent a few weeks sewing along helping their mother with an upcoming wedding dress she was making.

I was drawn to her and we spent a few hours in the afternoons talking lightly or not at all. I knew she judged Christians. One week, she shared that she was in several foster homes as a child. One in particular, a Christian home, had her do all the chores the other children didn't do. On Sundays, the boys would rape her in the woods after the church picnic.

As soon as she was old enough, she married one man who abused her physically etc... Later, she married another man who also abused her.

She told me using drugs was her way of coping with those memories. At this time, she was living with a guy who was in my grade in high school, 30 years younger than her. He was good enough to her, that she did what she could to keep him. He stayed with her until she died about 30 years.

Until we are in the story, turning to God is not always easy.

I was blessed by her sharing and trusting me with her stories. I would like to think that she knew one Christian who wanted nothing but her friendship.I so miss her laugh and smile. BTW her birthday was Oct 18th.

If you dont understand why some women stay in bad relationship, consider yourself blessed! Be transparent, kind and caring to that person.

Ocean17

View Profile
Behavior
Posted : 13 Oct, 2019 11:55 AM

Sweetlybroken1 thank you for sharing your story and insights.

Ocean17

View Profile
Separated
Posted : 13 Oct, 2019 11:50 AM

I personally I decline to date anyone who is not divorced and so for some time. There is a healing time required to be able to move on even if it's been over for a while.

Just my experience....relationships are difficult as it is without having the past still creeping around. Choose well.

Ocean17

View Profile
Radio Talk Show Reveals Hypocrisy in Men
Posted : 13 Oct, 2019 11:44 AM

Hello Rambo...good to see you online.

I realize many men here have been hurt and disappointed by women.....As I've said before, women can say the same about men. I would really appreciate if you could remember that. For every story you have as a man, a woman has as a female.

To me, this type of conversation is demeaning women. Is that what we should be doing here or anywhere?

Regarding the clothing such as leggings. I personally believed in Sunday best to church and leggings are not part of appropriate clothing for church. On other occasions, such as shopping etc..., I had not realized the effect....I will be more attentive to this. Thank you.

As for women only attracted to men's wallets, I have left 2 relationships BECAUSE the guy kept buying gifts etc.. as if wanting to buy me. It didn't work with my parents as a teenager, it will not work today.

P.s. I do enjoy receiving gifts just with the right intentions.

Ocean17

View Profile
Friendship First or Friendship Only
Posted : 5 Sep, 2019 08:27 PM

Some years ago, I was in acting classes and working in the business. One night after class, a fellow student and I decided not to follow the crowd and go out on our own. We decided to go near my house and after our Cheers, I suggested we be just friends, because at that time, I could use a friend more than another relationship. He agreed, as he was in the process of getting divorced.

Steve became the best guy friend I ever had. Although I believe if I had been interested, who knows, but he respected me and my wishes in every way. Long after we stopped classes, he would call every Thursday night during the Winter months to catch up. We would meet once or twice a month and talk about everything, except sex, which was a set rule from the start.

He believed in God but was struggling with life and his faith. He adored his twin girl and boy.

On one of our last meetings, I told him that I knew one of us would meet someone soon, so I wanted to let him know that I loved him and will always fondly remember his friendship over 5 years. Shortly after this, he met his now wife. They've been married for about 20 years. I've never met her. We send each other happy birthday messages. I could ask him anything and he me. But I am happy he is happy. He and his wife sing and play drums (he) for their church. I prefer meeting the man God has planned for me, in the meantime, I miss having a guy friend. God is good!!!

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8