Author Thread
Ocean17

View Profile
For the non American ladies.
Posted : 5 Sep, 2019 07:41 PM

...I have thought the same thing but regarding men's profile. Everyone wants someone like them, Easy to get along with (I read be no trouble, enjoy what I enjoy, don’t disagree with me), Like to do the things I do (you have to adapt to me), often what they want.

I believe we look for the perfect design according to our minds programming and other people's opinion. What if we started looking at the heart, we maybe make a new friend which is a good thing.

Ocean17

View Profile
Would you move to a new area for a potential relationship?
Posted : 20 Aug, 2019 05:34 PM

I once dated a man for almost 5 years, we saw each other almost everyday. It didn't last for several reasons.

I dated another man 1 hour away (Air force), we were together every weekend for 2 years, he returned home. We were engaged, had a long distance relationship which didn't last 6 months. I was moving there. (The breakup was a blessing since I would not have managed the relationship he had/has with his wife).

Another man, we met at work, one month after we started dating, talked about engagment in a year, as we celebrated Valentine's day together. Little did he know that was not the topic to bring up in such a short time. We lasted 7 months.

Today, I am happy to make new friends and wait on the Lord. He has blessed me in so many ways, just when I needed it most. We all need to feel like we matter.

I once told a friend who has the "I can't be single disease", that while you are waiting, He is working in both of you for when you meet. A bit like the years we spend in school for our adult life.

A) Communication in person, in writing, Skype, by phone is underrated.

Say what you mean, mean what you say always.

B) God is in control no matter what want. He will give you what you need, maybe that is a friend(s).

Ocean17

View Profile
Where has courtship gone?
Posted : 25 Nov, 2018 06:56 PM

It's not just your generation ahams, it's across the board.

Ocean17

View Profile
why reject Mr. Nice Guy? part three!!!
Posted : 29 Oct, 2018 07:50 PM

Years ago I met a guy who was clever in asking me out for dinner. We ended talking for hours.

We started dating and a few months later I realized he always brought a gift each time he came to my house. I talked to him about it and asked him to stop.

A while after I broke up with him for other reasons. Without going into details, he then acted like a stocker.

My question to you is why all these gifts and poems etc.. What is the reason for it? Do you believe this is what she wants from you? If so, you are going after the wrong kind of person. A few gifts here and there is ok. I mentioned it before. You should really find out what she likes/wants and if that is something you are comfortable with.

Ocean17

View Profile
why reject Mr. Nice Guy?
Posted : 25 Oct, 2018 06:56 PM

Thank you for the explaination. No judgement. Separated is separated. Miracles happen all the time.

I've shared the same comment with another man and he thanked me for the insight, said he would wait until all was complete and has since signed off.

I will sincerely pray for you brother in Christ!

Ocean17

View Profile
Taken In Again
Posted : 25 Oct, 2018 06:45 PM

As a Canadian nice girl, I am sorry for what these crazy women have done.

Yes, Rambo, I have a story about one man on this site. When I wrote to him that I wasn't interested, he replied with a crude comment and I've since blocked him. He signed in with a new name and I've blocked that one too.

It's not just women...... Blessings to all!

Ocean17

View Profile
why reject Mr. Nice Guy? Part two!
Posted : 24 Oct, 2018 07:44 PM

May I suggest that you find out what she likes, needs or wants from you and do that IF it fits with who you are.

On a recent date, we were in an area where there happen to have live music, outside, on a warm night. I made a big deal, excited, with a huge smile about how much I love music, especially outside on a warm night. I really do, so I said it and meant it. We later talked about going to see a show of a mutual friend in the future.

I don't know what you think a knight in shinning armour looks like but what you've described si not what I'm interested in.

Ocean17

View Profile
Posted : 24 Oct, 2018 07:29 PM

The original post refers to chivalry.

For women it could be someone who cooks/bakes, makes something for a guy (mittens), any special gift of self where someone could take for granted.

Ocean17

View Profile
Posted : 24 Oct, 2018 07:26 PM

....Nice girls get rejected too for the same reasons noted here.

I believe this post should read Why reject anyone who is a Nice person?

Rambo, for each reference to woman replace your text with man. It happens to both sexes. As I've mentioned before, this older sister would enjoy a kettle of cups of tea chatting this issue with you.

Blessings to all!

Ocean17

View Profile
why reject Mr. Nice Guy?
Posted : 22 Oct, 2018 07:06 PM

PS part 2

I can not say this elsewher therefore, those with a separated status should not be on a dating website. Either salvage your marriage or leave and take some time for you.

By staying on, you are encouraging us women to be adulterers.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8