Author Thread
LittleDavid

View Profile
BIBILICAL CREATION in 6 literal 24 hour days
Posted : 12 Apr, 2018 01:52 PM

prophetic7744, thank you for your response. After reviewing your reply, i observed a few scientific and Bible references you cited. I wish to be respectful and hope my choice of words indicate that. I expect to share these with you in the same numerical order as you shared them from your text.

ERROR 1) God created light on day one but did not create the sun, moon and stars until day four.

ERROR 2) Your assertion the "...NEW EARTH..." "...is not mentioned in the 6 day creation..." is not only incoherent but exegetically unsound as well.

ERROR 3) Carbon dating is not scientifically accurate past 10,000 years and therefore cannot varifiy an earlier age for the Neanderthal. Neanderthals are not 25,000 years old, as you insist. They are no more than a few thousand years old and lived recently. Additionally, they are now regarded anatomically consistent with modern man.

ERROR 4) Carbon dating does not prove the Geand Canyon is 200,000 years old and carbon dating does not prove dinosaurs lived 100,000 years ago.

You asserted quite a few errors in the very small space of a single text. It would be better for me to address the rest in several continuous texts.

LittleDavid

View Profile
BIBILICAL CREATION in 6 literal 24 hour days
Posted : 7 Apr, 2018 08:22 PM

I've been longing for the day when theologians will finally acknowledge the literal 6 day creation as recorded in Genesis chapter one. Although the author of Genesis one intended the account to be interpreted literally, many theologians hesitate to accept a literal interpretation. They insist the findings of "science" conflict with a literal interpretation of Genesis chapter one. But no theologian has ever referenced any such "scientific evidence" but they have referenced uniformitarian philosophy that uniformitarian scientists embrace. It would seem these theologians have inadvertently allowed establishment philosophers to interpret the Genesis record under the pretense of science! Theologians are supposed to be the gatekeepers of theological purity but obviously some of them have let us down--in the very first chapter of the Bible!

LittleDavid

View Profile
GUESS WHAT???...
Posted : 6 Apr, 2018 10:33 PM

Ella, sorry I took so long. But I can respond to your post with a true story about my favorite woman teacher, Elisabeth Elliot, who illustrates the appropriate application of all the Scripture you mentioned except for the one from Acts. Elisabeth and her husband were missionaries to the Auca Indians who eventually murdered her husband. Elisabeth decided to return to the Aucas and tell them about Jesus and the forgiveness of sin. Yes, she taught the people, including the men, about her forgiveness of them for killing her husband, thus illustrating the forgiveness of Jesus. So of course, she was acting in perfect accord with 1Cor11:5 scripture. But please note the context of 1Cor11:5 is different from the context of 1Cor14 and the context from Timothy, both of which address the body (the Church coming together) in corporate worship.

Ok, as time passed, Elisabeth'a work among the Aucas bore fruit. Many believed her message and were brought to repentance. They also learned about becoming members of Christ's body, his universal church. After learning about the order of the church as declared by Paul, they immediately wanted Elisabeth to be their overseer, but Elisabeth explained the Scripture concerning male leadership. So she declined their request, saying that she is not qualified to lead the church. The Aucas then decided which of their men more closely met Paul's qualifications.

I realize some people, at this point, some men and women may object to what I've written here, but they will find themselves arguing with God, not me. I just pass along God's truth found in his word, I don't create God's truth

LittleDavid

View Profile
Do you gathering for worship & praise with other believers
Posted : 6 Apr, 2018 08:42 PM

Prophetic, the passages from Timothy and Corthinans, of which you are wont quote, clearly speak to formal gatherings of the body (the church) and to its male leadership. These men must meet the qualifications Paul listed in his letter to Timothy. Very few men qualify for these positions of leadership. Leadership of Christ's body, the church, is serious bussiness, this is why any-o-man can not simply assert himself into leadership. But Paul's instructions do not speak to women's conduct outside those meetings, Women are not forbidden to tell men things. For example, this CDFF forum does not represent the church. CDFF is not a formal body gathering, as discussed by Paul in Timothy and in Corinthians. Women, therefore, have many opportunities to discuss God's Word even with men; but---they must remain silent regarding the leadership and the teaching of Christ's body, his church, whenever it formally comes together as in its regular corporate worship services

LittleDavid

View Profile
The Jelly Bean Prayer
Posted : 31 Mar, 2018 08:48 AM

Richard why do you use such lengthy cut and paste responses. Do you have nothing to say?????

LittleDavid

View Profile
GUESS WHAT???...
Posted : 31 Mar, 2018 01:01 AM

Prophetic, I may have jumped the gun on you regarding Ella's posts. At first sight, I thought Ella was a gifted teacher who respected Biblical instructions governing worship when believers came together per Paul's instructions. At this point I'm unsure about her convictions. I'm trying chat with her about that now. I don't know, at this point who is right, you or her. But I do apologize for judging you before fully hearing the matter. Very short sighted of me. Again very sorry

LittleDavid

View Profile
GUESS WHAT???...
Posted : 31 Mar, 2018 12:51 AM

Ella, when I began reading your posts I kinda rejoiced at what you wrote. You appeared to be a woman who held to all the teaching of scripture. Unless I'm mistaken, you believe women should be pastors over men in church contrary to Paul's instruction?? Is this so?

LittleDavid

View Profile
Are YOU?....
Posted : 31 Mar, 2018 12:37 AM

"prophetic" so according to you, the CDFF forums look like the NT church!!!??? Women are specifically instructed in Paul's letters. You, on the other hand, want to impose YOUR personal EISOGESIS!!!

LittleDavid

View Profile
GUESS WHAT???...
Posted : 31 Mar, 2018 12:28 AM

Prophetic, so you think the CDFF forums constitutes a biblical church???!!! Women are not forbidden to teach in every venue!!!

LittleDavid

View Profile
Sunday School Lesson for Easter Sunday: "HE HAS RISEN!"
Posted : 31 Mar, 2018 12:20 AM

Excellent post ET!!

Page : 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723