View Profile
For laughs.....
Posted : 21 Jun, 2010 09:16 PM

We have met the enemy, and he is us... Walt Kelly (1913-1973) Cartoonist

GraceMae

View Profile
Where are the Virtous Men?
Posted : 21 Jun, 2010 09:08 PM

gr.... valid question and points you made. Yep, I wonder sometimes the same thing, but... I've come to realize. We that choose to walk righteously, and committed to trying to live out the word of God, particularly with the celibacy "bodies as a living sacrifice" specifilcally...

Well, most of us believe in God, most all of His word, until we get to the part about keeping our bodies clean. Not just men, women too. I know we as believers are all in different places in Christ, some further along than others, who've experienced the power of God in their lives, and so "know" the power of God, and have a sincere reverence for God, and that's what keeps them on the straight path. Yet, many take for granted God's grace, and just go along their way with there own idealogy when it comes to God's word.. dissecting that portion of the word to suit there way of thinking to make them ok with whatever it is they can't cut loose of.

It is so important for us to be spiritually discerning. God gives us vision. All we have to do is see it when it's revealed and keep on going. Yes, there are virtuous men.... yes, they are out there. Just keep being that "light" on the hill. You aren't at all "being over the top". When we are truly being "lights" and "salt".... the dark and the "pepper" eventually can't mix well with the combination. It becomes evident quite quickly of the mismatch... As Christians, we all have to learn and see the truth on our own. It comes sooner or later for each of us.. No fault on anyones part cause we're imperfect, and God has His own design and plan for us all, yet by the same token, we all have the choice to receive, and implement His word in our hearts and life the same. Sorry I got long-winded... ~ GraceMae

GraceMae

View Profile
Godly Marriage Starting Point
Posted : 21 Jun, 2010 08:46 PM

Amen CC... you have spoken the truth here.... We do all need reminders and testimony too of what not to do. It's amazing that there are many of us who have tried without God and learned the deception and share to help others, but we don't heed those with the experience of doing it wrong. Many times, we have to learn our own way... the truth, the "hard" way... much, much, too late in life. Thanks for sharing your heart and the truth. ~ GraceMae

GraceMae

View Profile
lunchtime poll about quotes!!
Posted : 21 Jun, 2010 08:33 PM

~ Whether the glass is half empty or half full depends on whether you're drinking or pouring.

~ Building a life is like knitting a sweater... one stich at a time wtih a different twist each day.

~ I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one.

:glow:

GraceMae

View Profile
please play! {a game} <3
Posted : 11 Jun, 2010 10:32 PM

Pixy... thanks for this thread!! I've been working tonight, took a break, and I came back here to check out the responses... I been and bowed over at some of the replies.... Great for the soul... yes, laughter makes the heart merry!! Thanks! :applause: ~ GraceMae

GraceMae

View Profile
I'll be back
Posted : 10 Jun, 2010 10:17 PM

Hi Leon... I've been out of the loop for a few days, but glad to see God is in the midst of things as always! Glad you're ok. We have a faithful God ALWAYS. No matter what He allows us to go through. It is for His purpose and glory that He'll continue to use you and allow some things with your health that may not feel pleasant, but in the big scheme of things, His purpose, well... all you can do is GIVE GOD GLORY!!!! Amen! oh yes.... AMEN!! Keep the faith, continue to be faithful, and let your light shine, no matter what!! ~ GraceMae :applause:

GraceMae

View Profile
please play! {a game} <3
Posted : 10 Jun, 2010 10:08 PM

1. Name something a woman should do before a date? Put on deodarant. She may get too excited and start perspiring a little more than usual!

2. Name something you should put in your pocket/purse before a date? Cell phone

3. Name something a man might buy before a date? Breath mints

4. Name something that you should NOT say when greeting your date? "Sorry I'm late" or "I've been WAITING for you!"

5. Name something that you might say at the end of a first date? If it was pleasurable... "Thank you for a wonderful time, and I look forward getting together with you again soon". If not so pleasurable first date... "It was nice meeting you...." lol...

6. Name something that you should NOT be doing on a first date? NO sex, or heavy kissing, touching of body parts etc....

7. Name a reason a younger man might go on a date with a much older woman? There is something definitely deep that connects him to her that has nothing to do with age but everything to do with compatibility and comfortableness that feels right.

8. Name a way that a woman could propose marriage to a man? 0 [Pass on this one Pixy... A man needs to propose!]

9. Name a song that you would NOT want to have performed at your wedding/reception? "Brick House"

10. Name something that you should NOT say in the marriage vows? " I love you more than life itself"

Pixy.... I didn't read the other replies first, so if I answered same as someone else.. then like minds "run together".... lol

~ GraceMae

GraceMae

View Profile
height
Posted : 10 Jun, 2010 09:36 PM

Not really a deal breaker, but I guess the "shorter" man would have had to totally "knocked" me off my feet. Ideally I'd always hoped to be with someone who was at least 1 inch taller than me, just because, well... I like looking "up" to my man, my leader, my love.... Oh well, who knows... I don't know what God has planned! You made me think on this Nyanda! :applause: ~ GraceMae

GraceMae

View Profile
get together
Posted : 9 Jun, 2010 10:38 PM

A REUNION!!!! Yes! Let's do DALLAS!! Nyanda, you can just come on down here! Your "accent" has nothing to do with anything!!

Pixy, you ain't "SHY" writing! ....

DGR.... my views? Well... if the times right for me and work... I'm IN! (Don't know abouit BG... what she be planning cause work has got me all over the place now so I don't know what else been tossed around about us gettin' together....) I'll check back on the consensus... Thanks!!! :applause: ~ GraceMae

GraceMae

View Profile
Why come?
Posted : 8 Jun, 2010 09:35 PM

Why come it was said "Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is mad by the friends we choose"? ~ Tehyi Hsieh

Why come Galen Starr Ross describes the secret of happiness as.... " The real secret of happiness is simply this: to be willing to live and let live, and to know very clearly in one's own mind that the unpardonable sin is to be an unpleasant person."

~ GraceMae

Page : 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11