Author Thread
GlendoraMike

View Profile
TONGUES
Posted : 11 Jul, 2010 09:57 PM

I have read every word in the Bible about 20 times now. I believe far beyond what most can even comprehend. When I was baptized by the Holy Spirit, I received understanding and not the least of the gifts.

If you read ALL of Acts you will find that the vast majority of those who received the Lord as their Savior did not start speaking in tongues.

Paul clearly tells us in I Corinthians chap 12 that in the body all are not teaches, all are not healers, all are not prophets, all do not speak in tongues.

Any group that teaches that all can have one of the gifts is going against the teachings of the Bible.

I'll go with what Paul wrote.

ACTS CHAP 19:15 AND THE THE EVIL SPIRIT ANSWERED AND SAID TO THEM, "I RECOGNIZE JESUS, AND I KNOW ABOUT PAUL, BUT WHO ARE ?"

GlendoraMike

View Profile
Silver
Posted : 11 Jul, 2010 09:12 PM

This is a cute story, but that isn't the way you refine silver. It is a more involved process and one way uses nitric acid.

Do a search for refining silver. You will wonder at how those silversmiths of old came up with their methods.

Even in early Genesis we find those who were working with metal.

GlendoraMike

View Profile
TONGUES
Posted : 11 Jul, 2010 08:02 PM

In Acts 1

Jesus gave the final instructions. He told the disciples that they would receive the Holy Spirit and would be baptized by the Holy Spirit.

There was not one word about anyone or everyone speaking in tongues.

Going on to Chap 2

I have heard people say that they were speaking in tongues but none of what happened in chap 2 happened as they started in repeating sing song rhyming words. No language was spoken as was the case in Acts 2

None of the discples were taught how to speak in tongues.

Why was just tongues covered here. I have yet to see whole church groups go to a hospital and go room to room telling people that in the Name of Jesus Christ they are healed and clearing out the hospital.

In South America they know that someone has received the Holy Spirit because the people get up and dance but they don't speak in tongues.

GlendoraMike

View Profile
TONGUES
Posted : 11 Jul, 2010 01:05 AM

Are you looking for John 20:22 where Jesus says, "Receive the Holy Spirit."

GlendoraMike

View Profile
TONGUES
Posted : 11 Jul, 2010 12:18 AM

ACTS 1

Jesus gives final instructions before going up into Heaven. Discples meet and organize. They pick a replacement for Judas. Later in Acts the Lord picked Paul.

GlendoraMike

View Profile
OUR PROFILES
Posted : 10 Jul, 2010 08:49 PM

In the profiles in the area about children, I would like to see an addition that says something to the effect that a family merge is okay. Most of the women that I look at here don't want babies or can't have more so they put "Does Not Want Children." Now is that all they mean or is it no additions to her life other than a husband.

GlendoraMike

View Profile
New Covenant Priesthood of Believers vs The Organized Church
Posted : 10 Jul, 2010 08:26 PM

VERY GOOD.:applause::rocknroll::yay:

Somehow, the text program went nuts here and left big ol' gaps. I guess it was so that we could think.

IF ONLY MORE HAD THE GIFT THAT BILLY GRAHAM WAS GIVEN:prayingm::prayingf:

GlendoraMike

View Profile
About Mathew 21 : 28
Posted : 10 Jul, 2010 08:19 PM

Yes, it is like wanting to know the will of God and when we learn it we don't want any part of it.

An excellant Pastor once told of how he and his wife wanted to go on the mission field and would go anywhere but India. But the only doors that would open where to be missionaries to India. The one who said that he wouldn't do it, went to India and was a sucessful missionary.

GlendoraMike

View Profile
TONGUES
Posted : 10 Jul, 2010 08:09 PM

In I Samuel 3:9 Eli told Samuel to say, "Speak LORD, for Thy servant is listening."

Too many times today, instead of reporting for duty, we give the Lord a "To Do" list. Instead of give us our daily bread, we ask for riches.

We should ask the Spirit to give us gifts for the work of the Lord, not a gift that we think is cool. We shouldn't be envious of others.

If everyone speaks in tongues at once during a service, the non believer will think that all are drunk like Acts 2:13. Peter had the gifts of knowledge, wisdom, teaching and exortation and he used them to add about 3,000 to be followers of the Lord.

GlendoraMike

View Profile
REDNECKS AND THIS SITE
Posted : 10 Jul, 2010 02:43 PM

YOU AIN'T LIVED UNTIL YOU'VE LOOKED DOWN AT A 1,000 HORSEPOWER 12 CYLINDER DIESEL ENGINE AND LISTENED TO IT ROAR WHILE YOU WATCHED THE WATER SEPERATORS IN THE FUEL LINES TO MAKE SURE ALL WAS WELL!!!!!!:rocknroll::bouncy:

AS TIM ALLEN WOULD SAY,"R R R R!" :waving:

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10