Author Thread
MargoSolo

View Profile
question?
Posted : 28 Feb, 2011 08:26 AM

Steve's question is reasonable.

You question how a loving God can predestine. By the same token, how can a loving God create people he knew would not choose Him?

MargoSolo

View Profile
Quotes from C.S.Lewis "Mere Christianity"
Posted : 27 Feb, 2011 06:17 PM

Nope, I had no idea you two had something in common.

MargoSolo

View Profile
Spiritual Cowards
Posted : 27 Feb, 2011 05:17 PM

"Would not the obvious be that you are outside the father's family, if you are walking in the light of God's word as a Christian, You know sin is not the problem, but only a symptom, if you walk in the light of the afore mentioned scripture, you will find the lord thru his word."

That is what you would share?

What does it mean to be outside of the father's family?

If sin is not the problem, what is?

What does it mean to walk in scripture?

MargoSolo

View Profile
Spiritual Cowards
Posted : 27 Feb, 2011 04:43 PM

"The Gospel is the word of God, the Gospel to the world, is To come unto God you have been reconciled unto the father."

So what is the Gospel, PJ (what do you mean it is the word of God)?

What does it mean to come to God?

What do I have to be reconciled from?

Elect or not, how would you answer?

MargoSolo

View Profile
God is Love.... or Not
Posted : 27 Feb, 2011 04:35 PM

Well PJ, I'm really sorry you feel that way.

MargoSolo

View Profile
Spiritual Cowards
Posted : 27 Feb, 2011 04:24 PM

Yes that is what the Bible says.

So PJ, if someone asked, how would you share the gospel?

MargoSolo

View Profile
Spiritual Cowards
Posted : 27 Feb, 2011 04:23 PM

Two, you asked about the Holy Spirit and conviction of sin ~

Yes, the Holy Spirit is the only One that can convict us of sin, and He has many ways to do that, one of which is to use His children to share both the bad news (that we are all sinners in need of a Savior) and the good news (Christ saving work on the Cross).

MargoSolo

View Profile
Spiritual Cowards
Posted : 27 Feb, 2011 04:05 PM

PJ, so are you saying that a person doesn't have to know the bad news that they are sinners in need of a Savior before the hear the Good news of Jesus's redemption? Don't they have to know they need a Savior? Tell me then ~ what must someone understand and do to be saved?

MargoSolo

View Profile
God is Love.... or Not
Posted : 27 Feb, 2011 03:58 PM

PJ, The previous posts were talking about attitude, not doctrine. ..but go ahead and put any spin on it that you want to. You have labeled your own fellow Christians. No one I know puts any faith in man. They and I profess, trust and know that Jesus Christ is the only way to eternal life. It is unfortunate that you feel that way.

MargoSolo

View Profile
God is Love.... or Not
Posted : 27 Feb, 2011 03:32 PM

Oh really? Some of the kindest, most loving and godly people I know happen to adhere to the doctrines of grace. My own father and best friend are just two of them.

I'd watch out what you say before labeling people, PJ. Good and bad attitudes cut across any denominational line.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10