Author Thread
shepherdess

View Profile
Background check
Posted : 8 Jan, 2011 06:32 PM

thanks for the facinating thread! Obviously lots of opions~some of which are based on experience. Hopefully we are able to learn from other's experiences when they are the tough ones and then not have to go through them ourselves.

Shawn: well wishes on your paramedicine classes! I am

familar.

Am also familiar w/ Bi-polar disorder which was mentioned. for those who haven't been walkin next to someone in those shoes...you have NOOO idea. (And on a good day, someone w/ the disorder might hand-deliver a requested background check, the next day he might just punch you out instead!) :boxing:

And of course, the disorder can be hidden for years and there is no "check" to find out anyway!

As a woman, and addressing women, we Do need to be wise and Careful. (so should the men, but hopefully they are bigger and can take a punch better:rolleyes:

How sad that this is so important in our lives! Doesn't say much for us...Am so very thankful for God's amazing grace and how He got me here...safe and sound so far :hearts:

shepherdess

View Profile
GUYLINER?!
Posted : 7 Jan, 2011 09:30 PM

too much information :excited:

shepherdess

View Profile
a little help here?
Posted : 7 Jan, 2011 01:38 PM

ok, so Cobbler, down at the bottom of Advanced where they ask all the unimportant stuff, like eye color (I would like him to HAVE eyes...)

Do you check them all or none of them if it doesn't matter?

shepherdess

View Profile
GUYLINER?!
Posted : 7 Jan, 2011 12:10 PM

yuk.

not my idea of a manly man!!

(and NO, they can't borrow mine!!!)

shepherdess

View Profile
a little help here?
Posted : 7 Jan, 2011 12:03 PM

maybe it's a 'blonde' thing .... but if you put "any" in your mail preferences, then anyone can email you (which is what I want~I don't care what age new friends are!) but then you automatically get everyone in the "my matches" section, right? ...Not what I want.

?? signed:

blonde

shepherdess

View Profile
The Dating Thread (pt 1)
Posted : 6 Jan, 2011 11:08 PM

you are too funny.

have you been bit??

shepherdess

View Profile
Piiercings, tattoos for christians?
Posted : 6 Jan, 2011 01:53 PM

sorry, Cobbler, guess I for one Do "enforce" the previous verse and do not shave the sides of my head either!!

Taken in context these are some of the things that the heathen did~maybe to differenciate from Believers at the time (a possibility that just came to me!) Contempory groups (ie. cults) will try and look different (even tho they all look the SAME when they shave their heads and wear white robes or whatever)

From the beginning the devil's main ploy was one of subtilty. (Think frog in the boiling water senario) Christians or at least many that profess Christ still so often want to "fit in" even going as far as saying "how can I witness if I don't fit in?" sorry....twosp mada a good point: there are principals learned by looking in other places (which was my concern when I only quoted one verse...) We are to follow God's precepts~to do that means you must study..as in the whole Book

as for me and my house...I pray I can 'buck up' and take a stand to be christlike and different ("peculiar people the KJV says)...so when He gives me a new body, if will just be cuz this one is worn out, not cuz of the old graffitti on it! :ROFL:

shepherdess

View Profile
POMPOMS
Posted : 6 Jan, 2011 01:34 PM

They ARE funny guys, aren't they? and to think we haven't even heard from Brandon yet!

shepherdess

View Profile
Piiercings, tattoos for christians?
Posted : 5 Jan, 2011 10:05 PM

guess I can't agree with the majority here...

It's a definate NO for tatoos.

Lev. 19:28 might help. And yes, I know we aren't "under the law" . God however, says He doesn't change, so obviously if it was wrong then, it is wrong now.

Outside of that scripture, I would just say that it is a fad (albiet more permanent than most!) and therefore, for me, it is just one more way to look like the 'world', which I am not to do. I am to "obstain from all appearance of evil". Here again, He didn't say from doing evil, but from the appearance of it. I just wanna look more Christ like ...

somehow I just can't imagine seeing a bunch of tatooed body parts and thinkin, 'hey, they must be a Christian',

can you?

shepherdess

View Profile
Healing Message
Posted : 5 Jan, 2011 09:56 PM

As much as you cared for Ashley, how AWESOME to realize that the God who loves you has someone even better for you.

We "see" things so much more clearly on our knees!!

God bless you as you wait on Him.

Page : 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12