Author Thread
shepherdess

View Profile
Marijuana use
Posted : 18 Dec, 2010 09:20 PM

another thought...

I work w/ people w/ disabilities. I have witnessed the abuse of our tax dollars going for dope...and to people who DO not have pain/medical reasons. It is VERY easy to get a medical card for the stuff~sad world

As a Christian, my body being the temple of the Holy Spirit is good enough reason not to do drugs/alcohol/whatever,...another verse declares that we are to 'abstain from all appearance of evil'.

shepherdess

View Profile
Worthless?
Posted : 18 Dec, 2010 09:04 PM

Ah, but GOD wants you to LIVE.

sounds like a good time to search the scriptures and see just how much the Saviour loves you. He has a plan for you too.

If you were the only one on earth, he would have sent His Son....just for you.

And the Bible reminds us single women that Jesus is the "husband to the husbandless"....somthing I too, have to keep reminding myself. I want to give myself to Him (and he doesn't need me to cook, clean, pick up...oopps, am ranting) But seriouly: He is my Lord, my husband. I need to spend my time trying to please Him, commune with Him. If we are a good wife to Him, when he sends us a mortal man, we will be in good practice to care for him. Does it help to think of it that way? I hope so. it helps me

shepherdess

View Profile
Is there genuine tranquility in your soul?
Posted : 18 Dec, 2010 08:57 PM

Nice reminder.

thanks for that~

shepherdess

View Profile
Online/Downloadable Bible software
Posted : 18 Dec, 2010 08:48 PM

too funny.

I would love to find a WW2 Bible that they gave the troops~sorry, know this is a bit off subject.

(I like e-sword, but am mostly just "computer blonde")

anyhow, my son made it through two tours, and was miraculously fine when hit in the chest (hole in leg and hand healed well) Was thinking of stories of WW2 when men were hit in the 'chest pocket" where they had those bibles~

Such are the testimonies where God got the glory and men were saved. Son now has scars like his grandpa who had survived even after being put on the 'dead pile'...

Our God is amazing!

shepherdess

View Profile
Do you believe in "The One"?
Posted : 18 Dec, 2010 08:37 PM

Amen~only God has that answer.

Interesting to think on as well....IF we marry the 'wrong one', he/she then beCOMES the right one...if you catch what I mean. God hates divorce, so if we don't wait on Him for the right person and marry...that person is then the one God wants us with..

SO, the moral must be :glow: WAIT on the Father,

and pray for His will...

O dear, excuse me while I go take my own advice:rolleyes:

Page : 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12