Author Thread
shepherdess

View Profile
chain saw advice!
Posted : 22 Jan, 2011 12:33 PM

Borders are good for the sheep, but not so much the alpacas. The nipping doesn't cut it. Pyrs are LGD (livestock guards) which is different of course that herding dogs. Do know a gal here in Terrebonne who breeds and trains border collies if you are in the market for one. She took care of my shepherd once and was wanting to train her when older (this was two yrs ago) and as much as I would love Isha trained, there's not funds for that.

(Isha means woman in Hebrew...trivia for today)

Put one of the dogs and a ram on my pics. Just lost that wonderful ram this winter...normally ya don't really 'love' a ram...but this one was an exception~sigh

shepherdess

View Profile
chain saw advice!
Posted : 22 Jan, 2011 12:00 PM

Yes and yes. I raise Merinos and Alpacas. I have two Great Pyrs and a German Shepherd (Pyrs always w/ the animals, shepherd likes the new fireplace insert)

shepherdess

View Profile
chain saw advice!
Posted : 22 Jan, 2011 11:31 AM

sorry Twos, If I did that I would have to many IM's, emails, dates and marriage proposals to keep up with!

Nice try tho...but you at least have to buy me dinner if you want to see my shop!

shepherdess

View Profile
chain saw advice!
Posted : 22 Jan, 2011 10:32 AM

thanks, JJR, will definately get the additive when I realized the old stuff around here...well, nevermind, but Yes, now know to drain everything.

and Twos, yes, the Echo is more but the only one w/ 5 yr warrantee too. That pile of logs has some really good size ones (this is waaay more than a wkend job-even for a man.)

and I was looking at an 18" (which is kinda scary, but even tho short, am fairly strong) really nice guy at homedepo said he would actually go out and show me, so that is great~natually I prefer the 'cute' little 14", (stop rolling your eyes!) but don't think it will do the job.

SOOO, like my huge shop that makes men drool, maybe someone will fall in love w/ my chain saw and take over for a while! :applause:

shepherdess

View Profile
chain saw advice!
Posted : 21 Jan, 2011 11:12 PM

Agreed...still waiting for the guy/truck/bringyourown...:angel:

but in the meantime the electric bill for this old house is 399!!

So, got a beautiful insert and have a humongous pile of logs. Not your normal woman's exercise either! was kinda hopin for something to whittle the waist, not build biceps :excited:

Life keeps teaching!

shepherdess

View Profile
chain saw advice!
Posted : 21 Jan, 2011 09:47 PM

No dating related questions for me...

I need a chain saw. I went online and two high marks were Homelite and Stihl. Homelite is the low end price, Stihl looked good, but then I looked at the Echo and really liked the way it felt.(am vertically challenged at 5'1", and it felt balanced if that makes sence)

and yes, the Huskarvena (yeah, spelled wrong,) it nice but the most expensive.

So ...prefernces out there?

shepherdess

View Profile
EPIPHANY
Posted : 21 Jan, 2011 02:24 PM

Twos, your epiphany took wings and is flyin'...:angel:

But that is the other thing..

they always tell a girl she will marry someone like their father. Took me over 20 years to believe that one!

Course then I told one of my sons (at about 18) that he needed to be better to his mama, cuz he would SURELY marry someone like me....right again! :excited:

shepherdess

View Profile
EPIPHANY
Posted : 20 Jan, 2011 10:57 PM

yeah, somehow I thought parenting would end, but it doesn't. the need to pray is greater it would seem.

Then, just when I thought the changes were over, I woke up and looked in the mirror and saw my mom! :excited:

...and do only women feel that way? How come I never heard a man say that? Do you guys just not admit it??

shepherdess

View Profile
A Christian Mental Block?
Posted : 20 Jan, 2011 12:48 PM

yes....I think the poster is 'overthinking' this. STOP DATING then~(it isn't really a scriptural principle anyway) just make friends and let the Lord choose your mate. Get rid of the pressure and go out with a group. Witness Christ, enjoy the life He gave you.

Another thought about college. A Christian school with high standards is a good place for many a dad to want his little girl to go ...and right or wrong, many girls are there for their M.R.S. ~ is that such a bad thing?

shepherdess

View Profile
Another Horse Muse ..........
Posted : 15 Jan, 2011 03:10 PM

But are we not Commanded to? We are to be salt and light. Nothing harder (or more rewarding) than taking a stand. Think it is good to remember that we will stand before the Lord one day and give an account~ for Ourselves, so I guess I can't blame the nation in which I live, other people, etc on that day ~ :glow:

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10