Author Thread
shepherdess

View Profile
Destination VS Journey
Posted : 6 Feb, 2011 08:08 PM

hmm, can't I do both?

Titus 2:12 and 13 talks of how to live here, and looking forward to THERE!

Both of which will be rewarded (living right I mean) SO...

if I am seeking His face, the journey will be better now and rewarded later.

Looking for His coming~according to 2Tim 4:8 will result in a crown to lay at His feet!

Our God covers all the bases doesn't He?!

Awesome Awesome God!!

shepherdess

View Profile
alcohol
Posted : 6 Feb, 2011 07:51 PM

This is from "Days of Praise" a wonderful daily e-devotion:

Neither Wine nor Strong Drink

February 6, 2011

"For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb." (Luke 1:15)

Whether or not the Bible clearly commands total abstinence from alcohol for Christians, it is increasingly being recognized that alcohol is the most widely abused and dangerous drug of all�causing more fatal accidents and injuries, more broken homes, more sexual promiscuity, more job absenteeism, and more disease than cocaine or any other drug. Yet it is widely promoted socially and increasingly is being accepted even among evangelical Christians.

But the example of John the Baptist is worth considering. The angel Gabriel testified that he would be "great in the sight of the Lord" and then added that he would "drink neither wine nor strong drink," implying a connection between the two. Indeed, Christ called John the greatest man who had ever lived up to that time (Matthew 11:11)--that is, greater than even Abraham, Moses, or Daniel!

Then the very same verse says that John would "be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb," and he is the only man of whom that was ever said. Again there seems to be a connection, for no one could simultaneously drink wine or strong drink and also be filled with the Spirit. The apostle Paul also warned concerning this conflict when he said: "Be not drunk |literally, 'begin to be drunk'| with wine . . . but be filled |that is, 'be continually being filled'| with the Spirit" (Ephesians 5:18).

Drinking alcoholic beverages in moderation may or may not be permissible, but that does not make it right. "All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient" (1 Corinthians 6:12). At least in John's case, being great in God's sight and being filled with the Spirit were closely associated with abstinence from alcohol. HMM

shepherdess

View Profile
Darkened Tunnel
Posted : 2 Feb, 2011 11:44 AM

Dear Blu,

Reading that my only comment was regarding the statement you made about your calling. I would have to disagree. Would you pray specifically for God to show you what you are to do as you Wait on His perfect will?

One more thing. I do hope you realize the gift you have from the LORD~you are a writer!! Get busy for Him and use it~it is exciting to see it in your letter!

shepherdess

View Profile
Not a Match
Posted : 1 Feb, 2011 09:44 PM

I'm with Gomer on this one. If a man had out of the blue written me and told me we weren't a match just because I LOOKED at his profile...omercy. I would have been horrified. Probably would have trouble coming back at all!

shepherdess

View Profile
Want to Help Write a 7 Word Story About Us? :)
Posted : 27 Jan, 2011 11:32 AM

slide over back end past that tail...

shepherdess

View Profile
An Officer And A Gentleman
Posted : 27 Jan, 2011 11:29 AM

Thanks for the invite! Haven't been to a party this fun in a long time! Thanks for having a birthday Dennis:applause::party::dancingp::dancingp:

may God bless this new year for you ~ remembering all things work together for them that love God :hearts:

Happy Birthday:party:

shepherdess

View Profile
Posted : 27 Jan, 2011 10:46 AM

Chuck's mare was cinched too tight...

shepherdess

View Profile
Posted : 27 Jan, 2011 10:43 AM

Dennis was riding shotgun....

shepherdess

View Profile
Posted : 27 Jan, 2011 10:42 AM

Chevy was looking for the horn

shepherdess

View Profile
Are there any Calvinistic girls out there?
Posted : 23 Jan, 2011 09:59 PM

Isn't it interesting when you think of how many Men have seen their name added to what is called the word of GOD?

Kinda reminds me of other icons...golden arches, whatever.:ribbit:

discussion under biblical questions today if you are interested.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10