Author Thread
HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
WHY DID GOD REJECT???...
Posted : 16 Apr, 2011 09:45 AM

ET, I hear you, but I guess what I'm saying is this....

If you were a twin and before you were born God rejected you and chose the other twin for great things, how would you feel?

This is not about is God is right or soverign. Because He is always right and can do whatever and whenever. That's for sure!

I'ma be honest, I do feel like a chosen person. But I'm just saying, it's a hard pill for me to swallow for God to reject someone before they were born. It's almost like, wow, why even live then.

Okay, yes, He knew Esau would sell his birthright. So what? He knew Jacob would be a supplanter, too. He knew you and I would commit the sins we have, as well. So what?

I'm just not getting it. And maybe it's not for me to get. I often wonder what an unbeliever what think or feel, if I, as a believer feel this way.

I guess it just brings up questions about destiny, free will, etc.

HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
WHY DID GOD REJECT???...
Posted : 16 Apr, 2011 09:38 AM

Twosparrows, so true...

"If we have no ability, or no potential of ability with the help of the Holy Spirit, then what in the heck are we doing here? Is God saying 'Look look, look everyone, see what I can do! see what I can do! Watch me, watch me! Ok ready? Look, watch me I can save anyone I pick and send anyone to hell I want. Go ahead, pick one and I'll prove it, come on pick any one, one, the most evil or the least evil and Ill send then to heaven or hell, hehehe. Yeah baby, I'VE GOT THE POWER!!!

Yes, God does have the power, but God also has a nature, (and this isn't it), ".......

HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
WHY DID GOD REJECT???...
Posted : 16 Apr, 2011 09:25 AM

PhillipJohn and James, Wow! Sounds like I'm surrounded by disciples or something...lol...

HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
WHY DID GOD REJECT???...
Posted : 16 Apr, 2011 09:22 AM

James, thank you very much for your response.

I love God just as much as I imagine you do. I've been able to accept everything I read in the bible. Every miracle, every sign, wonder, everything.

Out of everything, this Jacob, Esau thing has pierced my heart like none other.

I used to get angry when I saw how Rachel treated Jacob better than Esau. It made me incredibly sad.

But when I read that God rejected Esau, it stopped me in my tracks.

"

WHY DID GOD REJECT???...

Posted : 15 Apr, 2011 07:58 PM

Good question! God has chosen a people for Himself, a remnant out of all mankind.

God has the right to do with His creation as He pleases.

The section you are reading that verse from goes on to say:

"What if God, desiring to show his wrath and to make known his power, has endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, in order to make known the riches of his glory for vessels of mercy"

I think the amazing thing is not that he rejected Esau, but that He CHOSE to love Jacob!!

We are ALL sinners, who DESERVE HELL.

God KNEW that Jacob would sin against Him, and yet he endured it, and chose to save Jacob anyway.

If God would have saved no one, then He would still be just.

God COULD have decided to save everyone, and Jesus' death on the cross COULD have been for everyone, but God decided to save SOME. Now that "some" is perhaps a billion people.

God rejected Esau, because He chose to. We don't know why God has shown mercy to one person and not another.

All we know for certain is, it is NOT because He saw they would have faith, etc.

Because Romans 9 tells us that it was BEFORE the twins had done anything good or bad. And that is was only because of God's choice."

This is the scary part to me. You're definitely not God, lol but it's like you having twins and saying I choose Timmy and I reject Tommy while they're still in your wife's womb. That just makes me wonder if I've been rejected, or my brother's been rejected or whomever. How do we know?

HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
WHY DID GOD REJECT???...
Posted : 16 Apr, 2011 09:13 AM

Twosparrows, love what you said.

And this....

"Some people even go so far as to say this applies to you and every individual, that God either Loves or Hates you before you were born and there is nothing you can do about it."

When I really sat down and read that, I started to wonder, is this why some people struggle so much even when they try to do their best, while others go around being tricksters and things work out well for them? Just a thought.

HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
The M Word--And I aint talkin bout marriage
Posted : 16 Apr, 2011 09:07 AM

Gentlemen,

please don't get crazy here. Don't get critical and don't judge me.

I'm bold and I say what others think, so for real, don't think I'm a "bad girl" or anything, I just want opinions.

We are all family, or should be, in Christ.

With that said, as my brothers (cause I've already asked the ladies on our forum), answer this question for me.....

Is pleasuring oneself wrong? Please read between the lines because I don't think I can use the M word here.

If it is wrong, what biblical backing do you have? And what do you do to make it through lonely nights and vulnerable moments?

HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
SECRETS in the CLOSET
Posted : 16 Apr, 2011 09:01 AM

Ladies....

If we're supposed to be sisters in Christ, we should be like family. We should look out for one another and not be critical.

So look...don't judge me for what I'm about to ask.

The only difference from me and most others is I'm bold enough to say what they think.

With that said...

Is pleasuring oneself wrong? Please read between the lines here because I don't think I can type the M word.

If it is wrong, what do you single ladies do on those lonely nights where you may feel vulnerable?

And don't get all cute on me and act like I'm the only one who has questions and goes through this! Thanks!

HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
I'm too SEXY!!!!!
Posted : 16 Apr, 2011 08:55 AM

ND, I feel you. I have another post coming soon and I can't wait to hear what you'll have to say about it...lol...You seem very real and down to earth. I like real talk, not fake and trying to sound spiritual rhetoric. KEEP IT REAL!!!!:glow:

HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
UH-OH, THE OL' RACE CARD
Posted : 16 Apr, 2011 08:51 AM

Cobbler, you sound wise. Thanks. I just said race because it's plain and simple and people get it. You made a good point. Thx!

HolyGhostGirl

View Profile
CAN YOU KISS?--BE HONEST!
Posted : 16 Apr, 2011 08:47 AM

Cobbler, thank you for taking this post serious. I appreciate everything you said.

I wonder though if the man says he wants to wait until marriage to kiss but the woman wants to kiss now, should the man compromise or whatever. Hmmm.

Anyway, thanks!

Page : 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29