Author Thread
song0joy

View Profile
Does Jesus Know You or do you just think you know Jesus?
Posted : 4 Sep, 2011 07:43 PM

best post ever! Few of those claiming Christ have the will to stand up and face the hypocracy that we all have lived in that moment when we thought our own will and plans were enough to get us into heaven. "If I can just live by these rules, I'm not sinning. If I obey the commandments, heaven will be waiting for me." All falacies.

When I am struggling with my flesh and my pride, I try to remember that I am the 'bride' of Christ and he is my 'groom'. That is a real love relationship, and it takes a committment to keep loving each other, and learning more about one another, not a contract with its rules. The goal is not to stay together; the goal is to grow in love together, on a daily basis. When was the last time any of us just lay down in silence to LISTEN to the Spirit?

song0joy

View Profile
Life by the Spirit
Posted : 4 Sep, 2011 07:17 PM

It's all so simple: just submit to Christ, and he will help us to build these fruit of the Spirit. Despite the simplicity of it all, Submission and Surrender have to be the hardest thing that we do as believers. In our flesh, we think we can do it on our own, but God is the only good thing, and only through him is and his will is any of that possible. He is the only good thing.

song0joy

View Profile
Does any one have any Poems that they would like to post? Here are a couple of mine.
Posted : 3 Sep, 2011 09:35 PM

Suppose you had a Lover

who know all of your flaws

Yet still his heart beat for you

against all natural laws

Suppose that you betrayed him

and loved another man

But he held his arms stretched out

and then to you he ran

Suppose that he forgave you

for all your unkind deeds

Then went still one step further

and provided all your needs

Suppose his name is Jesus

the Christ from long ago

Whose death and resurrection

have washed you white as snow

Who else sends out his Spirit

a messenger, a dove

Than the one who gave you everything

our hope, the God of Love

song0joy

View Profile
distance
Posted : 31 Aug, 2011 07:59 PM

It's not the patience that bothers me so much, though I need to work on it. I am open to long distance relationships, but there is always this uncertainty having to do with knowing someone in person or through communication. On one hand, the physical side is not as distracting, on the other hand, the mannerisms and personality of a person cannot always be expressed over cyberspace. Intentional or not, we all have parts of ourselves that never show through outside of one-on-one interaction.

song0joy

View Profile
Separated???????
Posted : 31 Aug, 2011 07:41 PM

I put on my profile that I am open to friendship before anything else. If a person is separated, I am willing to communicate, but I would make it clear that I will not pursue a relationship with anyone who is currently in a committment. Single, widowed, or divorced reasonably by scripture is OK. But someone who is separated has not let go of his current comittment and is not available. Just saying: the bible is very clear about that kind of thing.

song0joy

View Profile
Divorce and Remarriage
Posted : 31 Aug, 2011 12:05 PM

Would anyone consider spousal abuse a breaking of the "marriage Comittment" and thus safe grounds for divorce? Did not God call husbands to "Love your wives as I have loved the church."? I have known a woman who loved her husband and endured his abuses for decades. Finally, in her old age, he was arrested (not sure who called the police) for hitting her, and they were separated. She struggled to forgive him until her very last days, but she never divorced him. For the woman who seeks to live a godly life and chooses to forgive her husband, even separated, all the more power to her. But for the woman who divorces but never does forgive, does that leave her as having sinned? Unforgiveness, and Unbelief. To my knowledge, these are the only unforgiveable sins. How does that play out in this equation?

song0joy

View Profile
Look up ANNE BRADSTREET
Posted : 31 Aug, 2011 11:45 AM

She was an educated wife and mother who came to the colonies in the height of Calvinism. She was devoted to God and to her family, she lived in a hard time for women, yet she still wrote beautiful poetry about her love for God, her uncertainty about herself, and her love for her Husband and children. She would have been the model woman of her time, if not for the fact that her brother secretly brought her works to England to be published. She truly was an amazing woman. There is a website of some of her best works. some of my favorites: To My Dear and Loving Husband; By Night When Others Soundly Slept; The Flesh and the Spirit

song0joy

View Profile
Why Men Play Around
Posted : 24 Aug, 2011 01:30 PM

I'm with Archimedes. Not all people who believe they are Christians even know what they believe, and they fall to the desires of the world. Some simply like to use Christianity as a facade for finding a certain kind of woman, or life, or anything. I haven't quite had the problem you are describing, but I feel bad for your situation. I just try to be careful of whom I talk with. Even the ones that say all of those 'good things' about their relationship with God can have some bad attitudes that prove that their relationship is not as 'good' as they think it is. Mostly I look out for self-righteousness, they can be the worst.

song0joy

View Profile
Divorce and Remarriage
Posted : 24 Aug, 2011 01:17 AM

I will admit to avoiding divorcees, not because I count it sin by itself, but because my experiences with dating and Life are limited, and I would be ill-matched to someone who has experienced so much of it. I would consider a person near my age who divorced before being saved, or for no reason of his own. However, if this person initiated divorce under anything but extreme circumstances (such as ongoing infidelity and much abuse), I would have to call into question his feelings about the matter: why he divorced. It is not something that I can take lightly.

song0joy

View Profile
Men in a serious relationship still on dating sites, still talking to single women (friends) they met on dating sites?
Posted : 24 Aug, 2011 01:06 AM

I don't think that his dating accounts should be active, but neither do I think that it is wrong to have friends of the opposite sex. I think that it all centers on where his focus is, and whether or not he has established solid boundaries for these friendships. I say, if he has single lady friends, let him introduce you to them, find means of keeping contact outside of that specific website, and put a freeze on his account. If these relationships are to be above reproach, then he needs to prove it to you. But it is important to really sit down and discuss this kind of thing with your significant other. Explain what you feel and why, but try to hear him out also. It's better to be on the same page with issues like this to prevent misunderstandings later.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7