Author Thread
song0joy

View Profile
Personal Testimony.
Posted : 23 Aug, 2011 10:22 PM

"By that time i had still belived in GOD...but figgured if he wanted me...he would Get Me."

And He did.

song0joy

View Profile
anyone one close to San Jose, SE silicon valley, California?
Posted : 22 Aug, 2011 09:29 PM

another yay to that. Whereabouts?

song0joy

View Profile
distance
Posted : 10 Aug, 2011 02:20 AM

Why are all the people of romantic interest so far away?!

song0joy

View Profile
Good Person Speech
Posted : 10 Aug, 2011 02:14 AM

Amen to that!

song0joy

View Profile
Posted : 9 Jun, 2011 12:38 PM

yaaaaayy! :applause:

song0joy

View Profile
Posted : 7 Jun, 2011 11:38 AM

It's hard to find friends on a website whom you can meet and get to know more, beyond the digital front. I'm hoping to make a few friends in my area, which is the Santa Clara county of Silicon Valley.

song0joy

View Profile
grow up
Posted : 14 May, 2011 11:00 PM

we all spend way too much time on these forums!

song0joy

View Profile
Sin in the Garden
Posted : 14 May, 2011 10:52 PM

all through scripture:

"trust and obey"

" fear not", "be of good courage" or

"do not be afraid"

song0joy

View Profile
Gimmicks
Posted : 14 May, 2011 10:36 PM

I hope none of you misunderstood what I meant: I still believe the bible to be the final authority on matters of faith. I simply hoped to point out that obsessing over scripture without seeking the will of God (who was called by many names in scripture), is like throwing the baby out with the bathwater. The greatest importance of scripture is that it reveals to man his relationship with God: -sin, death and separation -sacrificial salvation -Jesus' sacrifice -victory over death through Him.

We can either read scripture and choose to believe it, or we can claim it all as false, but to claim anything other than what scripture says, in context, would be to lie to ourselves and the people around us:

God: "I am that I am"

Jesus: "He and I are one"

Spirit: *the one who gives witness and testament to Christ, and reveals the will of the father. an individual of the trinity*

song0joy

View Profile
Gimmicks
Posted : 12 May, 2011 02:40 AM

I used to be really confused about the purpose of scripture. I used to obsess over the bible in an unhealthy way, believing that you could not be in a relationship with God at all if you did not read the whole thing. But then I came to realize something: people have learned of the Gospel (only a small portion of whole scripture), and lived for years without full bibles, maintaining a life that is faithful and in love with Christ. True, most of them suffered for lack of knowledge, but the ones who truly wanted to know God more would pray and ask desparately for him to provide bibles, or to show them his will...

and he showed himself.

THE BIBLE IS ONLY A TOOL!

It is a thing which contains a letter from God to us, because we are corrupted by sin and need a physical object to represent God's thoughts and our thoughts. Then I began to realize, just a little bit, how much more important the personal relationship is. I think that every Christian forgets this at some point, and becomes distracted by worldly concerns, even involving scripture. WE CANNOT SAVE OURSELVES! No amount of scripture or arguing theology can improve our relationships with God if we are not willing to lay down our pride and seek him with our whole hearts: not just in scripture, but in action and prayer.

Just to satisfy my bible scholars: Pro 8:17 "I love those who love me, And those who seek me diligently will find me."

By all means, seek him diligently in scripture, but do not limit yourself to that method or become caught up in the silly arguments that have nothing to do with the actual relationship that YOU should have with God PERSONALLY.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7