Author Thread
ephesians522

View Profile
Rational Argument for God's existance?
Posted : 2 Feb, 2009 05:33 PM

Your question is not pointless, sometimes intelligent people are too smart for their own good.

I've debated God's existance with non-believers on other sites and the "Only God can create something from nothing" argument always stumped them. Didn't change ther views, but shut them up until another thread was started.

You look in newspapers from around the world and you see miracles happening every day. Men found floating in a chest for nearly a month without fresh water and surviving. Cars being found covered with snow for days and the occupants not freezing to death. Stories of people who tumors went into remission and nearly disappeared after given weeks to live. Miracles happen all the time, people just don't look for them.

Do the research, record the occurances and end your paper with the "Only God can create something from nothng" argument.

Good luck and blessings

ephesians522

View Profile
The Ten Virgins
Posted : 2 Feb, 2009 09:20 AM

Works you speak of are in the same chapter Matthew 25:

31-33"When he finally arrives, blazing in beauty and all his angels with him, the Son of Man will take his place on his glorious throne. Then all the nations will be arranged before him and he will sort the people out, much as a shepherd sorts out sheep and goats, putting sheep to his right and goats to his left.

34-36"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Enter, you who are blessed by my Father! Take what's coming to you in this kingdom. It's been ready for you since the world's foundation. And here's why:

I was hungry and you fed me,

I was thirsty and you gave me a drink,

I was homeless and you gave me a room,

I was shivering and you gave me clothes,

I was sick and you stopped to visit,

I was in prison and you came to me.'

37-40"Then those 'sheep' are going to say, 'Master, what are you talking about? When did we ever see you hungry and feed you, thirsty and give you a drink? And when did we ever see you sick or in prison and come to you?' Then the King will say, 'I'm telling the solemn truth: Whenever you did one of these things to someone overlooked or ignored, that was me�you did it to me.'

41-43"Then he will turn to the 'goats,' the ones on his left, and say, 'Get out, worthless goats! You're good for nothing but the fires of hell. And why? Because�

I was hungry and you gave me no meal,

I was thirsty and you gave me no drink,

I was homeless and you gave me no bed,

I was shivering and you gave me no clothes,

Sick and in prison, and you never visited.'

44"Then those 'goats' are going to say, 'Master, what are you talking about? When did we ever see you hungry or thirsty or homeless or shivering or sick or in prison and didn't help?'

45"He will answer them, 'I'm telling the solemn truth: Whenever you failed to do one of these things to someone who was being overlooked or ignored, that was me�you failed to do it to me.'

46"Then those 'goats' will be herded to their eternal doom, but the 'sheep' to their eternal reward." (The Message)

"Love thy neighbor....."

ephesians522

View Profile
The Ten Virgins
Posted : 2 Feb, 2009 08:41 AM

In Matthew 25 Jesus spoke:

1"At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2Five of them were foolish and five were wise. 3The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them. 4The wise, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps. 5The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep.

6"At midnight the cry rang out: 'Here's the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!'

7"Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps. 8The foolish ones said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.'

9" 'No,' they replied, 'there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.'

10"But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.

11"Later the others also came. 'Sir! Sir!' they said. 'Open the door for us!'

12"But he replied, 'I tell you the truth, I don't know you.'

13"Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.(NIV)

Ever Wonder what Jesus was speaking about?

"The five wise are Faith and Love and Grace and Peace and Hope."

The five foolish, "They are Knowledge, Understanding (Perception), Obedience, Patience, and Compassion." (Taken from "epistle of the apostles" translation by M.R. James)

To as one with Christ and to join the Sainthood of the Church, we should to possess all these attributes. In this way Christ will know us.

ephesians522

View Profile
What's in a name?
Posted : 2 Feb, 2009 12:15 AM

Hey, I was just wondering. You know how when some of you gals were young and you were infatuated with someone....well, you'd do the Mrs. Such and Such or Mr. and Mrs. Such and Such, maybe write you first name along with his surname, or write both you first names together (like "Ken and Barbie") a dozen times? Do you ever outgrow that? Do you think the melody of a name is another factor to sway you into considering marrying someone? If you did marry someone whose surname just didn't go along well with your first name, would you consider keeping your maiden name?

Sorry I can't sleep and I get these odd question in my mind sometimes.

ephesians522

View Profile
Who gets the couch?
Posted : 1 Feb, 2009 09:14 PM

Honesty is suppose to be the best policy, guys can be honest with guys, gals can be honest with gals(with some of the gals I knew that's not always the case, check to make sure that pain in your back is just a pulled muscle). But things change between a guy and a gal. Sure you say you want a best friend but should he walk on pins and needles?

Woman have the knack of coming up with "loaded" questions, maybe it's just some of you like to see a man biting his lower lip and break a sweat. You can see the terror in his eyes when he knows an argument is going to occur. So on the days you would like a truthful and honest answer from him, should he immediately grab a blanket and the extra pillow to show you he's going to give you an honest answer, or does, "Can we talk about somethng else?", give you the answer you're looking for? Either way, who's turn is it on the couch?

ephesians522

View Profile
Why Do Good Girls Go Out With Bad Boys?
Posted : 1 Feb, 2009 08:18 PM

Elisa,

That's where honesty gets a guy....a night on the couch. Not even using tact helps.

Wonder why a guy doesn't answer a question about what he's really thinking about the relationship? But that is an issue for another thread.

ephesians522

View Profile
Enlightenment?
Posted : 1 Feb, 2009 06:36 PM

Thank you Elisia and Leon, great insights.

I look back at my past relationships and as long term as they were, I think it was because I fell in love with them that I grew out of love for them. Sounds kinda weird, but we didn't grow to be friends (with special benefits). I didn't stray but I became more aloof which cause them to be unhappy I suppose.

We have the internet, we can get to know a person just to see if there could be something there. Like you said Leon, "We choose who we love", maybe the first choice is the best. Maybe it's "We choose who we are going to love".

Something else to think about.

ephesians522

View Profile
Do you REALLY want an honest guy?
Posted : 1 Feb, 2009 09:01 AM

It is hard to believe that a man is telling the truth when you know that you would lie if you were in his place. ~Henry Louis Mencken, A Little Book in C Major, 1916

I was sitting here and thinking about some of the questions that women ask men and wondering. If a guy was to tell you the truth all the time, even if it was about what he thinks about you when asked, would you take it to heart and not be offended by it?

The most asked question from a wife, "Does this make me look fat?" What if he said, "Yes"?

Think about it.

ephesians522

View Profile
Posted : 31 Jan, 2009 11:46 PM

Btw...we guys are smarter than that. Good guys won't touch a woman with a reputation. Most good guys who would change a woman are doing it to improve the relationship. Examples:

"Have you ever thought about changing your hair style...maybe trying something different?"

"Honey, I was thinking we should have a garage sale, I've got some stuff to sell. I there anything in the spare closet you'd like to get rid of? There's a lot of stuff you don't even wear."

"Sweetie, all you ever wear are those flannels, if you're not going to wear the nighties I got you, have you thought about just putting on one of my t-shirts?"

"Guess what babes, I've noticed I was putting on a couple of pounds. I was online and found these cookbooks with some low calorie recipes. I was thinking maybe we could try some of them out."

"I got us these gym memberships for our anniversary so we could spend some time together and workout the tension we bring home from work."

I ask you ladies...is that bad?

ephesians522

View Profile
Posted : 31 Jan, 2009 11:23 PM

It all comes down to one thing....some people are under the delusion that they can change someone. They can take a person with a reputation and mold them into something that they can be proud to be paired up with. The worst part about it is that they keep being attracted to the same type of person and keep thinking, "Maybe this one will be different...." and usually they're not. Meanwhile...the best ones are being taken and now the delusional has to go through life knowing that the one they're suppose to be with is with someone else.

Just human nature.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10