Author Thread
homelesschristian

View Profile
Do all Christians recieve blessing on this earth?
Posted : 30 Mar, 2024 04:07 PM

๐Ÿ’กโญ๐Ÿ•Š๏ธ Well I'm glad you did post it handyman

Speaking for myself as now a born again saved by grace through faith alone Christian as of February 20th 1989 . It was godly sorrows that drove me to the cross. It took 2 years after that to finally get MRIs that revealed @ the age of 23 C3 to C6 two degenerative discs and a 7 mm disc bulge . Another disc bulge at T1 T2 and @ L4 L5 s1 a herniated disc

And a 5 mm disc bulge complimented with nerve damage sciatica sensory numbness etc etc . Soon after that irritable bowel syndrome and went hypothyroid . Since then I was mocked and called a bum , a loser , faking it you name it even physically abused by somebody who hated anybody on welfare social security disability etc etc . Even now for the past 5 years I have been homeless and sleeping on a sidewalk

So do I consider myself blessed the ๐Ÿ’ฒ๐Ÿ’ฒ 64,000 question yes and the fact that I am currently not in hell . Do I think I'm getting punished

Yes from time to time. Sometimes honestly it's hard to differentiate , is that the flesh talking or is it the holy Spirit i pray hard daily to have it revealed.

So there is me in a nutshell

homelesschristian

View Profile
๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค” day 2๏ธโƒฃ Christ's body lay lifeless in the tomb but what about his spirit โ“โ“
Posted : 30 Mar, 2024 08:53 AM

1 Peter 3:18-20

Some theologians believe that during the three days between Jesusโ€™ crucifixion and resurrection, He descended into Abrahamโ€™s bosom Luke 16:19-31, proclaimed to them the mystery of the gospel, and then led them into heaven to dwell with God. The belief is that they were not permitted to enter into the presence of God in heaven until after the atonement. Once that had happened, Jesus, who had died, descended to Abrahamโ€™s bosom, proclaimed the gospel, and then led its residents into heaven

So, even though we cannot precisely determine where Jesus was and what He did during those three days, it seems apparent that He presented the gospel message (not to have them get saved) to those in spirit prison and possibly also to those in Abrahamโ€™s bosom

homelesschristian

View Profile
โญ๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ•Š๏ธ๐Ÿ’’โœ๏ธ happy good friday โ—โ— psalms 22 the agony of the forsaken one.
Posted : 29 Mar, 2024 09:30 AM

viii. At the same time, we cannot say that the separation between the Father and the Son at the cross was complete. Paul made this clear in 2 Corinthians 5:19: God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself at the cross.

d. Why have You forsaken Me? There is a definite question in these words of David, and as Jesus appropriated them to Himself on the cross. What Jesus endured on the cross was so complex, so dark, and so mysterious that it was, at the moment, beyond emotional comprehension.

i. Spurgeon considered this question with an emphasis on the word You. โ€œโ€˜Thou:โ€™ I can understand why traitorous Judas and timid Peter should be gone, but thou, my God, my faithful friend, how canst thou leave me? This is worst of all, yea worse than all put together. Hell itself has for its fiercest flame the separation of the soul from God.โ€ (Spurgeon)

ii. We can imagine the answer to Jesusโ€™ question: Why? โ€œBecause, My Son, You have chosen to stand in the place of guilty sinners. You, who have never known sin, have made the infinite sacrifice to become sin and receive My just wrath upon sin and sinners. You do this because of Your great love, and because of My great love.โ€

iii. Then the Father might give the Son a glimpse of His reward โ€“ the righteously-robed multitude of His people on heavenโ€™s golden streets, โ€œall of them singing their redeemerโ€™s praise, all of them chanting the name of Jehovah and the Lamb; and this was a part of the answer to his question.โ€ (Spurgeon)

e. Why are You so far from helping Me? David knew what it was like to feel the presence and the deliverance of God and had experienced such many times before. Every prior time of help made this dramatic absence of Godโ€™s help more devastating. Worse yet, there seemed to be no explanation for the lack of Godโ€™s help; thus the question, โ€œWhy?โ€

i. No doubt David experienced this, but only as a shadow compared to how Jesus experienced this. Prior to the cross, Jesus lived every moment in conscious fellowship with God the Father, combined with a continual dependence upon the help of both the Father and the Spirit. At the cross, Jesus felt helpless, as it seemed that the Father was so far from helping Him.

f. O My God, I cry in the daytime, but You do not hear: A further dimension of Davidโ€™s agony was the fact that he made repeated, constant appeals to God and yet felt utterly unheard. His groaning was unanswered, his cry ignored.

i. David certainly experienced this; the greater Son of David experienced it in a far greater degree. On the cross Jesus felt abandoned by the Father, and felt that His groaning and cries went unanswered

homelesschristian

View Profile
โญ๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ•Š๏ธ๐Ÿ’’โœ๏ธ happy good friday โ—โ— psalms 22 the agony of the forsaken one.
Posted : 29 Mar, 2024 09:29 AM

Why have You forsaken Me? There is a note of surprise in this cry and in the following lines. The Forsaken One seems bewildered; โ€œWhy would My God forsake Me? Others may deserve such, but I cannot figure out why He would forsake Me.โ€

i. We may easily imagine a situation in the life of King David where he experienced this. Many times he found himself in seemingly impossible circumstances and wondered why God did not rescue him immediately.

ii. Yet beyond David and his life, this agonized cry and the intentional identification of Jesus with these words are some of the most intense and mysterious descriptions of what Jesus experienced on the cross. Jesus had known great pain and suffering (both physical and emotional) during His life. Yet He had never known separation or alienation from God His Father. At this moment He experienced what He had not yet ever experienced. There was a significant sense in which Jesus rightly felt forsaken by God the Father on the cross.

iii. On the cross, a holy transaction took place. God the Father regarded God the Son as if He were a sinner. As the Apostle Paul would later write, God made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. (2 Corinthians 5:21)

iv. Yet Jesus not only endured the withdrawal of the Fatherโ€™s fellowship, but also the actual outpouring of the Fatherโ€™s wrath upon Him as a substitute for sinful humanity. โ€œThis was the blackness and darkness of his horror; then it was that he penetrated the depths of the caverns of suffering.โ€ (Spurgeon)

v. โ€œTo be forsaken means to have the light of Godโ€™s countenance and the sense of his presence eclipsed, which is what happened to Jesus as he bore the wrath of God against sin for us.โ€ (Boice)

vi. โ€œIt was necessary that he should feel the loss of his Fatherโ€™s smile, โ€“ for the condemned in hell must have tasted of that bitterness โ€“ and therefore the Father closed the eye of his love, put the hand of justice before the smile of his face, and left his Son to cry, โ€˜My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?โ€™โ€ (Spurgeon)

vii. Horrible as this was, it fulfilled Godโ€™s good and loving plan of redemption. Therefore Isaiah could say Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise Him (Isaiah 53:10)

homelesschristian

View Profile
Posted : 29 Mar, 2024 09:26 AM

1. (1-2) The cry of the forsaken.

My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?

Why are You so far from helping Me,

And from the words of My groaning?

O My God, I cry in the daytime, but You do not hear;

And in the night season, and am not silent.

a. My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me: This psalm begins abruptly, with a disturbing scene: someone who knows and trusts God is forsaken, and cries out to God in agony.

i. This is a Psalm of David, and there were many instances in the life of David where he might write such an agonized poem. Before and after taking the throne of Israel, David lived in seasons of great danger and deprivation.

ii. While this psalm was certainly true of King David in his life experience, it โ€“ like many psalms โ€“ is even truer of Jesus the Messiah than of David. Jesus deliberately chose these words to describe His agony on the cross (Matthew 27:46).

iii. โ€œWe can be fairly certain that Jesus was meditating on the Old Testament during the hours of his suffering and that he saw his crucifixion as a fulfillment of Psalm 22 particularly.โ€ (Boice)

iv. โ€œI doubt not that David, though he had an eye to his own condition in diverse passages here used, yet was carried forth by the Spirit of prophecy beyond himself, and unto Christ, to whom alone it truly and fully agrees.โ€ (Poole)

b. My God, My God: This opening is powerful on at least two levels. The cry โ€œMy Godโ€ shows that the Forsaken One truly did have a relationship with God. He was a victim of the cruelty of men, but the cry and the complaint is to God โ€“ even My God โ€“ and not to or against man. Second, the repetition of the plea shows the intensity of the agony.

i. โ€œThen it was that he felt in soul and body the horror of Godโ€™s displeasure against sin, for which he had undertaken.โ€ (Trapp)

homelesschristian

View Profile
โญ๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ•Š๏ธ passion week thursday the lord's supper
Posted : 28 Mar, 2024 06:00 PM

๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธโญ๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ•Š๏ธ Amen and amen bro David stay tuned I'll post something about Good Friday tomorrow Lord willing........ And as you say in the Midwest and the South unless the creek don't rise first or something like that ๐Ÿ˜‰

homelesschristian

View Profile
โญ๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ•Š๏ธ passion week thursday the lord's supper
Posted : 28 Mar, 2024 11:36 AM

The Lord's Supper is the name given by the Apostle Paul to the event that commemorated the death of Jesus Christ on the cross. On the night of His betrayal, Jesus instituted the ordinance of the Lord's Supper.

Passover

Jesus had arranged to eat the Passover meal with His disciples. The Passover celebrated the Jews deliverance from Egypt when the angel of death passed over those who had blood on the doorpost.

Remember Me

When the meal was finished Jesus took the bread and the wine and did the following:

And He took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, This is My body given for you; do this in remembrance of Me. In the same way, after the supper He took the cup, saying, This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is poured out for you (Luke 22:19,20).

Matthew records Jesus saying.

This is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins (Matthew 26:28).

The object of the Lord's Supper was to keep Jesus in the remembrance of the disciples.

Table And Cup Of The Lord

The table on which the bread was placed is known as the Lord's table. The Apostle Paul wrote.

You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord's table and the table of demons (1 Corinthians 10:21).

The cup is known as the cup of blessing or the cup of the Lord.

Is not the cup of thanksgiving for which we give thanks a participation in the blood of Christ? And is not the bread that we break a participation in the body of Christ? (1 Corinthians 10:16).

Duration

The Bible says we are to do this until the Lord's returns. Paul wrote.

For I received from the Lord what I also handed on to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when He was betrayed took a loaf of bread, and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, This is My body that is for you. Do this in remembrance of Me. In the same way He took the cup also, after supper, saying, This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me. For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes (1 Corinthians 11:23-26).

The feast was not confined to the Apostles or early Jewish Christians. Corinth was a church made up primarily of Gentiles. Until Jesus returns, the church is to participate in the Lord's Supper as a memorial to His death for our sins.

Summary

The Lord's Supper is a time when believers remember what Jesus did for them on Calvary's cross. The bread represents Jesus' broken body while the wine symbolizes the blood that He shed on our behalf. Jesus commanded that believers do this in remembrance of Him until He returns

homelesschristian

View Profile
๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ’กโญ๐Ÿ•Š๏ธ another valuable lesson from the passion week โ—โ—
Posted : 27 Mar, 2024 03:23 PM

๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜• when your fig newtons taste a bit on the stale side and rightfully so -- another valuable lesson from the passion week โ—โ—

Matthew 21 The lesson of the fig tree.

1. (18-19) Jesus rebukes a fig tree.

Now in the morning, as He returned to the city, He was hungry. And seeing a fig tree by the road, He came to it and found nothing on it but leaves, and said to it, โ€œLet no fruit grow on you ever again.โ€ Immediately the fig tree withered away.

a. He was hungry: Some wonder why Jesus would be hungry in the morning leaving the home of Martha and Mary. Spurgeon speculated it was because He woke early to have time with His heavenly Father, and took no time to eat.

i. โ€œHe was perfectly human and therefore physically hungry, for hunger is a sign of health.โ€ (Morgan)

b. Let no fruit grow on you ever again: In a dramatic way, Jesus performed one of His few destructive miracles. His curse made the fig tree to wither away.

i. It is worth noting that the two destructive miracles of Jesus (this and the events that ended in the destruction of the herd of pigs, Matthew 8:30-32) were not directed towards people.

c. Found nothing on it but leaves: This explains why Jesus did this destructive miracle. Essentially, the tree was a picture of false advertising, having leaves, but no figs. This should not be the case with these particular fig trees, which customarily did not bear leaves apart from figs.

i. โ€œThe first Adam came to the fig tree for leaves, but the Second Adam looks for figs.โ€ (Spurgeon)

ii. In this acted-out-parable, Jesus warned of coming judgment upon an unfruitful Israel. It showed Godโ€™s disapproval of people who are all leaves and no fruit. โ€œThe story is clear and simple, and its point obvious, that what counts is not promise but performance.โ€ (France)

homelesschristian

View Profile
๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ’’ ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฅš how to turn the alleged pagan easter bunny/eggs for the purpose of glorifying God โ—โ—
Posted : 26 Mar, 2024 11:09 AM

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ but maybe enjoys Cadbury bunny eggs when no one is l@@ king ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”

homelesschristian

View Profile
๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ’’ ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฅš how to turn the alleged pagan easter bunny/eggs for the purpose of glorifying God โ—โ—
Posted : 25 Mar, 2024 08:35 PM

amen and amen brother david . All of this infuriating the ghost of fix a flat teddy . We are the cdff ghost busters โ—โ—

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10