Author Thread
Philipian

View Profile
hi everyone
Posted : 9 Dec, 2012 01:00 AM

@Wanda75, you are welcome. Stay blessed. This is a right place to get to meet believers...But we must also be careful....

@Virgoblue, brother you are welcome. All you need to do is just keep visiting and checking this, you will get familiar with the site. It did me like that when I first got in here, but I am getting better around here. Once again and with Jesus Joy I greet you and I say WELCOME..I hope you find what your heart desires.

Philipian

View Profile
What do you feel?
Posted : 9 Dec, 2012 12:51 AM

@Osol_letse, you are welcome....

Philipian

View Profile
Polygamy????
Posted : 8 Dec, 2012 10:55 AM

@Armin, dear brother, you are most welcome. As you said, if this is truly about learning, then lets get to it!

Q1. You questions about the passage earlier only targetted Bishops and Elders. Well that is not so. God's word has power to all MEN and not SELECTED sets of MEN. For its the same Lord over all. (Romans 10:12 King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.) - For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. So given the Word of God that is able to save man, when God speaks to Bishops, elders are not apart. Its the same Lord over all, its the same Christ that died for all men. Its the same Grace we were given, Its the same Spirit we were baptised into, Its One LOrd, One Faith, One Shepherd, One Sheepfold, One Jesus!!!!!

Again, the following verse will do you good to know...

Romans 10:12 (New International Version (�1984)) - "For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile--the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him,"

Acts 10:34 ((King James 2000 Bible (�2003)) - "Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:"

Eph 6:9 - (New International Version (�1984)) -"And masters, treat your slaves in the same way. Do not threaten them, since you know that he who is both their Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no favoritism with him."

James 2:1 - "My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons."

Those verses are quite correct. God is not a respecter of persons�He does not show partiality or favoritism, and neither should we!

Q2. You said "The bible is full of polygamy". Well to say, I will have you redirect that question as this..."That Polygamy occurences was reported in the Bible" would be a more tenable fact to speak of rather than say "The bible is full of polygamy" as though the Bible endorses it. Jus as you quoted solomon and some others, there are other men of old too who remained monogamous. Have you thought of Philip the Evangelist in Acts of the Apostles who had 7 daughters who prophesied? How about Joshua? What do we say of Hosea whose single wife again was adulterous and he didnt for the sake of that amass more women for wife? From this examples given, The Bible does not endorse POLYGAMY! Yet the Bible recorded instance of it. And the portion of the Bible where that was prominent was in OLD TESTAMENT. Jesus had come and had given us the dictate and that should do. Excusing ourselves back in time to use those old men of OLD as face and cover to advance our causes is using the Word of God to our selfish ends!

Physically, have you ever tried to keep to women in your life at once? Have you ever tried it? Those who did will tell you its catastrophic! Its confusion. It slows you down and at the days end you are the one on the losing end.....

The prophecy in Isiah that 7 women will cleave to a man is not to support POLYGAMY, its to prove a state of chaotic order of the last days when the world will spiral out of order and 7 women will want to use a man as "name protectorate" not married in house as wife......

Isiah 4:1 New International Version (�1984) -"In that day seven women will take hold of one man and say, "We will eat our own food and provide our own clothes; only let us be called by your name. Take away our disgrace!" "

Philipian

View Profile
What do you feel?
Posted : 8 Dec, 2012 10:26 AM

Letthismind2, thanks for stating it welll. Thanks for bridging the understanding. Its truly appreciated. I believe in you brother and please accept and be assured of my deepest esteem. Philipian

Philipian

View Profile
Why does everything seem so empty and gray?
Posted : 8 Dec, 2012 04:57 AM

IamGodsPrincess, can you remember this verse in 1John 5:19?

1 John 5:19 (New International Standard Version (�2012)) - We know that we are from God and that the whole world lies under the control of the evil one.

1 John 5:19 (King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)) - And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness

1 John 5:19 (New Living Translation (�2007)) - We know that we are children of God and that the world around us is under the control of the evil one.

It follows, the government of this world works in such a way that lures us away from the path that leads us to gain in Christ. Its a mortgage system that gives exhilarating and hilarious promises, but once dotted lines are signed, its left to show that the more you journey in fulfilling its mandates, the lesser the promises it holds for you, leaving you drained, famished, empty and broken. Sometimes, it confuses you so much you lose sense of direction of HOME. Only one solution. Be aware you are not patterned according to the elements of this world! But after God...

Acts 17:28 - "For in Him we move, we live and have our being, as also some of your poets have said, For we are hi offspring."

Philipian

View Profile
Left alone when someone new came along
Posted : 8 Dec, 2012 04:52 AM

At some times, it get played for us stages that shows we have decisions to make. And the better for us all, when we make such decisions that pushes us ahead. It may be hard to do. It may take nerves. But better are we when we finally do!

@IamGodpinkpearl, please keep moving on!

Philipian

View Profile
What if she's invisible to you?
Posted : 7 Dec, 2012 10:58 AM

Good one. But in the final analysis, she needs God to go through with this. And for all most I know, it will be all of God or none of God. It will not be mix of wimps and caprices, then God! Its either she do it with some wisdom of God. Its likeable the ones typified in James 3:15, 16,17, especially verse 17.

Nothing is wrong in using ones head to figure things out....But its a different thing to add caprices to it.....and also top it with some Heavenly wisdom. Most likely it will all bottleneck....Let's trust God for wisdom and success!

What if to all we know, this christian guy is engage? Lets trust God

Philipian

View Profile
What do you feel?
Posted : 7 Dec, 2012 10:47 AM

I said - "TO GET IT RIGHT, "UNFRIENDING" SOMEONE IS NOT A STATE REJECTION, HOWEVER DEPENDING ON WHOM YOU UNFRIENDED AND THE RELATIONSHIP HELD BY THAT "UNFRIENDED" ONE TO YOU WILL LEAD TO AN ACTUAL STATE OF REJECTION!"

You said - "I would have to dissagree. Unfriending is an act of rejection to a degree. Unfriending a individual that might never know they are unfriended might never feel the act of rejection compared to someone who is close to you"

Please shadow the first paragraph of your comments within the first paragraph of my comments. Would you still disagree?

Again your second paragraph reads ""Rejection is rejection and their is nothing wrong with rejecting an individual especially if they are unhealthy individuals that cause us great suffering."

Please lift your second paragraph and fit into the first paragraph of my comments still. Then you should have no reason(s) to disagree.

Proceed to loop insert your quoted second paragraph into my second paragraph, will you still disagree?

You said - "Rejection is rejection and their is nothing wrong with rejecting an individual especially if they are unhealthy individuals that cause us great suffering."

How far aparts are those two sentences by you and I? You used the term "UNHEALTHY INDIVIDUAL", I used "DEPENDING ON WHOM YOU UNFRIENDED" How far apart are they? Should you still "have to disagree"? I ask? I really don't see anything to disagree with.

And if i ask you, why would you say rejection is rejection, when earlier you had to add the clause "to a degree"? If rejection is rejection, there should be no status of degree!

Philipian

View Profile
Hi
Posted : 7 Dec, 2012 05:29 AM

@Sandman Hollywood, i honestly agree with your opinion...You know I had always likened the CDFF dating site and CDFF CHAT FORUM to what our churches are. Remember on Sundays, our churches are packed with both believers and unbelievers and all sorts of people! You never really can tell who is who on different matters on those days. But do you notice that on selected and sensitive meetings like the PRAYER BAND MOVEMENT, evangelism and missions, only few fractions of the thronging crowd are found, compared to those you would see on those Sundays. Possibilities of thorns and tares growing among wheat in the prayer band meetings are so few compared to our Sunday miracle services where all walks are found. Isn't it great that here at the FORUMS you get to meet people who are sincere, who had the Lord interest in heart and where you may most likely meet a good person to complete you, than those "ONLINE NOW' links whose spiritual stand is hard to be weighted or experimented!

@Female User, nice to meet you. You are welcome here. Please use these forum rooms more and you will see you will find your footing as soon as possible. It helped me. I steadied me. I felt like i was a stranger without a smiling face at first, but the FORUMS brought me closer. I enjoy it here...Oh fr those "You Got A Mail Now" auto responses? Sorry they aren't in built, so you must manually remind yourself to make this place a check out before you log out when you visit!

Philipian

View Profile
Hi
Posted : 7 Dec, 2012 05:16 AM

Fofobugz, so nice to have you here....I hope you have been finding this place like home. You are warmly welcome again. May you find what you came here looking for. God bless. Hope to see more of you on this thread and all other thread where we share and discuss the things of God, and things that affects this life.

Page : 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13