Author Thread
Philipian

View Profile
TO KNOW THE LORD !
Posted : 9 Dec, 2012 03:28 AM

One of the desires of man is to know. Man long to know things. However when we gave our hearts to Christ and accepted his death on the cross for us, this desire in man to know was equipped to thirst after God. Its a sure way to be more like him, when we aspire to know him. Its beneficial when all of us yearn for all of him and all of him is infilled into all of us....

Philippians 3:10 - That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;( King James Bible "Authorized Version", Pure Cambridge Edition)

Philipian

View Profile
SINGLE LADIES AND GENTLEMEN THIS IS FOR YOU!
Posted : 9 Dec, 2012 03:08 AM

IamGodsPrincess, thanks and I must say its a pleasure. However, believe me when I come to the Chat Forum, I am always looking out for thread and post, cos I know something inspirational is coming forth in power and grace. Keep the good works up.

Hebrews 13: 9 King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.) - "Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein." - When our hearts are bounded by this grace. Only them we shall cease from "rat race".

Philipian

View Profile
PATIENCE ON SINGLENESS
Posted : 9 Dec, 2012 03:02 AM

@IamGodsPrincess, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! There is nothing wrong with that statement. I am in full agreement with you. Maybe it was a mis-read. Its a positional truth that "God has been patience with us TOO". Its a grand truth and nothing can be taken from it. I am not against it. Please read my comments again, you will see we strike same cord. Maybe you read me differently. I am in support of your fact.

Philipian

View Profile
Thoughts on large families
Posted : 9 Dec, 2012 02:51 AM

Thoughts on Large families? Many things must be considered by the person willing to create such. We must consider your partner's view of such, your career is another consideration, your involvement with ministry and the economical implication of running such a family among many other factors. For all its worth, God will not put a man on a road he wont finish. So if God laid it up on anyone's heart to create a large one, surely such must also find out from God the "how" he will raise them, so they dont end up an embarrassment to God and people. I had noticed that those who came from a very large families, often dont want to create a large family, like the one they came from when they get to such stage of life.

Its ungodly and unfair, to produce offspring you will be unable to care for, then you "turn" them over to governments, agencies, or relatives! Its unfortunate. That cant be God in action. On the whole, serious and serious and serious planning should be involved!

Philipian

View Profile
Thoughts on Electronic Devices in Church
Posted : 9 Dec, 2012 02:26 AM

@CommitedtoChrist89, thanks for this question. Its one I had over the years seen done in the midst by believers. First Look at this scripture -

1Timothy 3:15 - New Living Translation (�2007) "so that if I am delayed, you will know how people must conduct themselves in the household of God. This is the church of the living God, which is the pillar and foundation of the truth"

This is CORE. I had always use that verse as a guide coupled with a true conscience that is pointed to know the truth and accept the truth. Hence when my phone and its apps begin to lure me away from the flaming and pelting message off the alters, then I know I am disrespecting 1Tim 3:15.

I agree there can be no hard and fast rule about bringing phones to services. Just as phone apps, helps you reach destination verses asap, it also help you for quick saves. These are its goods. But these "goods" aught not set precedence for us to lose out in the service. For all its worth, if you can bring the paper copy and avoid complete distraction, then its worth doing. And if you must go with phone, disable functions that might distract. Functions like calls, voice, data, sms, Internets etc. At days end, you had strictly turned the phone to a PDA, which is better for your bible passage.

Checking phone for other things apart from bible search is disrespectful to the person of God. But since GRACE covers most things these days, many of us indulge in such truancy and get away with it. It wasn't so in the Old Testament. But thank God for gift of redemption. But we must be consciuos of respect for God and 1 Tim 3:15. None should tell you how to behave in the presence of God, you as a man born again, with a sanctified heart and blessed with a conscience that is free to know right from wrong should be able to teach yourself what is good and just!

@DKJ255, I am thrilled by your utterance "if I can't even give one uninterrupted hour a week to God then I have to question my relationship with Him... " May God help us.

Philipian

View Profile
A Broken Heart...
Posted : 9 Dec, 2012 01:58 AM

@IamGodsPrincess, you know in all my trials and tribulations, I try to hold on to the portion of the Holy Writ in Philippians 1:27. It states, in Verse 27 "Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in the one Spirit,[a] striving together as one for the faith of the gospel". Sure God is our refuge and a present help in time of NEED!

Psalm 46:1 "New Living Translation (�2007) - For the choir director: A song of the descendants of Korah, to be sung by soprano voices. God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble."

Philipian

View Profile
Thought the ex was the one...still trying to cope with being single.
Posted : 9 Dec, 2012 01:52 AM

@Jitterbugger08,one sure way to keep your heart UnBroken is remember the words of our Lord Jesus Christ. Read through these verses, you will see that UNTIL YOUR HEART IS OVERTAKEN AND HELD BY THE LOVE OF CHRIST COMPLETELY, YOU WILL CONTINUE TO HURT AND LOOK FOR A LOVE THAT IS TRANSIENT. Study the verses below carefully, you would see God's love for you and your reciprocated love for him will not let you know the hurt of a wounded heart. In my time, it was this love that healed the heart of pain.

Mark 12:30 - And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

Luke 10:27 - King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.) "And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself"

Matt 22:37 - English Standard Version (�2001) - "And he said to him, �You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.""

Deut 6:5 King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.) - "And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might."

@letthismind2, your advice is good. "If a man love you enough, he will make room for you". Ditto with a woman!

@barbieB, Thanks for your insight. When we know the Father's Love all other loves will not sway us away or tie us!

Philipian

View Profile
hi
Posted : 9 Dec, 2012 01:27 AM

SirTimi, you are welcome. Its nice meeting you here. At any rates, you may have to do some work on your profile. It will make it more comprehending and lucid for anyone visiting. Especially for those reading to have a good understanding of your person and your intent.

Take care.

Philipian

View Profile
Take a chance on me =)
Posted : 9 Dec, 2012 01:19 AM

Hello Alison1990, you are welcome here. Nice to meet you. Please do come out here to the CHAT FORUM often. Its such a splendid place to be. Try it and you will see. Some one might take a chance on you!

Philipian

View Profile
Looking for the right one =)
Posted : 9 Dec, 2012 01:11 AM

Hi KamKam94. You are welcome to CDFF. I hope your stay here is good and you meet the desire of your heart. Like any other online date site, it can be good and also otherwise, depending on what you do here and whom you fall into. In my little experience here, it has been fairly good. Some interesting things and not so some. But on the whole overall, the CHAT FORUM is a good place to be. I urge you to feature more here. Its wonderful. Again you are welcome.

Page : 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12