Author Thread
Hisjoymypeace

View Profile
The Benham Brothers � Whatever the Cost
Posted : 5 Jul, 2015 04:36 PM

My sister, I watched that service this morning!! It was awe-inspiring and encouraging! It reminds me ALWAYS that as long as The Lord is at the center of our being's, we will always remember to "count the cost" when making life changing choices and decisions!

May God continue to guide and bless you!

Hisjoymypeace

View Profile
Gay marriage declared legal across the US in historic supreme court ruling
Posted : 26 Jun, 2015 04:53 PM

It's as if The Lord is allowing what many are pushing, begging and asking for...but in the end, will they really want it or like it? Something to ponder...

Hisjoymypeace

View Profile
Romantic Enjoyments
Posted : 26 Jun, 2015 04:05 PM

Personally I would LOVE to interpret and elaborate more with my faith partner, the Book of the Songs of Solomon:hearts:!!

It's a book...though I've discussed it with some, that has always made me wonder how it would be if discussed, in private, with my spouse(smile)! Hearing each others hearts concerning what certain verses may mean to us, can start a romantic, candlelight evening that could turn into...well we're all adults here:yay:!!

Just saying...

Hisjoymypeace

View Profile
Matthew 21:44
Posted : 25 Jun, 2015 05:05 PM

Referring only to what God's Word says in interpreting what this verse MUST mean to a believer:

KJV--Isaiah 8:14-15---(14)And he shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and a rock of offense to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem. (15) And many among them shall stumble, and fall, and be broken, and be snared, and be taken.

So if I am interpret Matthew 21:44, I am assured that The Lord is saying, those who do not accept Jesus will be broken, and those who fall under His judgment will be completely pulverized!! In Jesus Name...

Hisjoymypeace

View Profile
Please be straight to the point
Posted : 23 Jun, 2015 08:28 AM

Well it "looks like" either you or the administration here, felt it was time for you to exit...stage left:ROFL:!!

However I pray whatever you seek, in Gods' time, you'll find!

Hisjoymypeace

View Profile
Women of God in the pulpit...
Posted : 17 Jun, 2015 08:11 AM

Blondie...no apology needed(smile)! Sometimes when I'm expressing myself thru my own passion about an issue, I tend sometimes not to get to the point right away...a flaw in my character that at this point in my life, I've just had to accept, lol(smile)!! I hope you can too:rolleyes:!!

Hisjoymypeace

View Profile
Posted : 16 Jun, 2015 09:09 PM

Blondie my sister, you've only confirmed truths I've learned as I grew in my faith and in His Word!! The "quandary" I've had with this issue is from partly being a women, but mostly because when you see these pastors, their congregations seem to always have more females in attendance then men!

Again, even with all the negative stats that comes with the history of these female pastor's ministries, the Word makes it clear the order of hierarchy in the church, yet personal and public failure, whether its' a man or a women preaching in the pulpit is at an all time, dangerous high!! Is it easier to sit under the teaching of a male pastor whose an admitted adulterer and liar, than it is to sit under the teaching of a female pastor who may be sharing God's Word, but is out of order in her position in the church? Has God maybe allowed this disorder, because the so called "men of God" have been so out of order? Something I've pondered for some time!

We all, at some point, have to make a very serious decision when seeking and obeying God's Word of instruction! Most rationalize their decision, but His Word has never changed regarding who is to head His church! I would still like to hear from sister's who earnestly follow a female headed ministry and what that's done for their spiritual growth and journey. Thank you Blondie for your input...that always inspires(smile). Rhet404, I'd like to share with you too! I'll try and send a note or adjust my age limit.

Hisjoymypeace

View Profile
Seeking good ideas to get rid of scammers
Posted : 16 Jun, 2015 02:52 PM

Dieing2bwJesus...forgive me! In my zealousness, I thought you posted on the "say hi and introduce yourself" segment of the forums, lol(smile)!! My bag!! Anyway, welcome to the forums!

Hisjoymypeace

View Profile
Posted : 16 Jun, 2015 12:42 PM

...has for the last few days, cause me to reflect, meditate and even seek God's Word pertaining to it! Yet still I have questions of my own, that I wondered if my sister's in Christ had also, regarding this controversial issue! Now I could have posted this on the bible question and discussion portion of the forums, but honestly I wanted to hear the heart of my sister's...first(smile)! I said "first" because I know, at some point, my brother's will somehow want to chime in on their prospective!

Let me say first that I have great respect for women who head their ministries, eg. Marilyn Hicky, Joyce Meyers etc. I can only imagine the controversy, resistance and challenges they all faced when called to step into the pulpit! My question, in part, my sisters is this: would you sit under the leadership of a women of God, who you believed in your spirit has been led to preach the Word? If you answered yes, then suppose if and when you met that man of God(smile), married him and he now opposes your attendance to this ministry, how would you possibly handle this?

Now I know my brothers are going to quote scripture here...1 Corinthians 14:34, "Let women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak: but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law..."

Ummmm...the "law"! Are we under the "law" as New Testament believers? Again another question!! Can you all sense my quandary(smile)? Well I know this will begin a firestorm! Let the discussion begin...

Hisjoymypeace

View Profile
Seeking good ideas to get rid of scammers
Posted : 16 Jun, 2015 11:30 AM

Welcome to CDFF! Sorry my sister that you already experienced the "scammer plight" here on this site...and to be honest you'll run across the same anywhere you go on the internet, with regards to seeking your soul mate!

As for administrators taking the time to read hundreds, maybe thousands of profiles for scammers...again to be honest that probably won't happen! Mainly because this site is primarily "free", if you don't opt to become a paid subscriber. I wouldn't be surprised if there's less than a handful of IT people here, managing this massive website!

It's a perplexing problem, which there are dozens of forum post here at CDFF relegated to this topic. Check them out when you get a chance, hopefully you'll get some ideas and suggestions that might help! All in all, I pray your time here will be spent sharing, making friends and who knows finding that special someone, in God's time, may make this journey you've embarked upon so worth the while(smile)! God's best.

Page : 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14