Author Thread
Cat4Christ777

View Profile
it's not important....it's the only way!
Posted : 15 Nov, 2013 11:13 AM

Hi, MikeRides!

Maybe the key to this is in John 14. In verse 23, Jesus says, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them."

There are so many people in this world who claim the "Christian" moniker, but either do not know how to apply it to their lives (aka, live by Spirit--faith and love), or they've been taught false doctrine by some religion.

Unless people establish and maintain a relationship with Jesus, He will not know them on Judgement Day. He knows our hearts, and the difference between those who love Him and those who are just trying to save their souls by claiiming His Name.

Yes, Christian maturity takes time, and trials that establish the necessary character God wants us to have. That is why He covers us with His Grace at the instant we believe.

Many don't know that all they have to do is ASK God to make them over into a person that is pleasing to Him. That is literally asking God for humility--to be purified by fire (trials)--and to be made low (killing off your own will for the sake of His). That is what changes our hearts from the inside out.

I think the hardest thing for us humans to do is to give up our own will, for we are somewhat 'control freaks' when it comes to how we live our lives. But, that is the effect of this world's 'education' on us.

Mike, you're a guy. In your 'mature' Christianity, would you be able to date a woman the Christian way? Meaning, would you give up the prospect of having sex with the woman you're dating until after your wedding? Or, like most men, would you expect her to 'put out' before the wedding?

I'm just curious. ;-)

Because the latter is how the world dates. Sex is more important to men who are not truly Christian, so they expect it as part of a 'long term relationship' with a woman. Unfortunately, having sex does not guarantee marriage, as many Christian women have found out the hard way.

God bless!

--Cat

Cat4Christ777

View Profile
The False Prophet {Obama??} will make the inhabitants of the earth worship 666; he will also force everyone to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark which is the name of the Beast {Nero Caesar??} or the number of his name {666}!
Posted : 12 Nov, 2013 07:25 PM

IWalk,

I was replying to Prophetic's claim that Obama was the anti-Christ, and since THAT is not in the Scriptures either, I was talking about the claims people have been making about all the other folks who have been called the "anti-christ."

So, of COURSE I could not post Scripture on THAT!

Btw, why pick on me? Why not say the same thing to Prophetic? He's the one making the original claim in this thread. Sheesh.

So, IWalk, unless you can force yourself to be fair, I will thank you to please not address me ever again. No worries, I will not address you either.

--Cat

Cat4Christ777

View Profile
The False Prophet {Obama??} will make the inhabitants of the earth worship 666; he will also force everyone to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark which is the name of the Beast {Nero Caesar??} or the number of his name {666}!
Posted : 11 Nov, 2013 09:10 PM

Tarsus is located in Turkey, and though, at the time of Paul, it was under Roman rule, like much of the Middle East; the Roman Catholic Church did not exist that far back in history, so Paul could NOT have been a Roman Catholic. He wasn't even Italian. He was TURKISH.

Even so, Paul was educated in Jerusalem and became a Pharisee. He sincerely believed the Christian movement was dangerous to Judaism. Thus, Paul hated the Christian faith and persecuted Christians without mercy.

Right up until he personally met Jesus on the road to Damascus.

Paul could NOT have been the anti-Christ. The anti-Christ will come soon, if he is not already on the public scene.

Some have actually tried claiming that the late Pope John-Paul II was the anti-Christ, along with Prince Charles, George W. Bush, and even Bill Clinton. But, while just about anyone whose name, in Greek letters, adds up to 666 can be painted as a possible anti-Christ; the facts--and their behavior--rarely add up correctly.

We know, from reading the Bible, what the real anti-Christ will do, so why not just wait until it happens before we point fingers at just anyone. There are plenty of warnings for Christians on what we must--or rather, must NOT--do, so let's just stick with that, OK?

--Cat

Cat4Christ777

View Profile
If He's Shorter Than You
Posted : 11 Nov, 2013 12:14 AM

R8E8,

Interesting question. Even though I am naturally attracted to muscular men who are at least 8-inches taller than me, I ended up marrying a man who was neither. Go figure.

Then again, he was my best friend, and I loved him. So, the physical stuff did not matter to me at the time. Heck, if I'd been looking for love when I met him, I would not have given him a second look. I was not physically attracted to him at all. It was only after I'd spent most of my free time with him over the course of a year--as friends--that I came to love him.

And, just as easily, the love I had for him ended when he cheated on me. So, maybe loving a man depends on how he treats me, and maybe how trustworthy he is? Who knows?

The point is moot now, since I am 'looking for love.' So, the guy has to at least appear attractive in his picture(s)--especially if he's not very tall. He's got to be reasonably attractive, so I'm motivated to chat with him and get to know him better.

He does not have to look like Brad Pitt, and it might be better if he did NOT look like Brad Pitt, since I cannot STAND Brad Pitt. LOL! Just saying.

--Cat

Cat4Christ777

View Profile
Is Billy Graham a great Christian Evangelist or a False Prophet of Satan? 2 Corinthians 11:13,14: Such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light!.
Posted : 10 Nov, 2013 11:52 PM

IWalk,

The Bible states CLEARLY the "means" by which God saves is JESUS. Period. There is no other means.

Cat4Christ777

View Profile
Wedding vows.........
Posted : 10 Nov, 2013 11:25 AM

HisJoy,

I prefer the traditional vows as well.

But there is one tning that I would like included in my wedding ceremony--should I ever have one: Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 read.

I saw a Christian movie recently, and the wedding ceremony was the first scene. The minister used a colorful tripple-woven cord and placed it around the couple, signifying the union was of the couple plus Jesus.

Ecclesiastes 4:12b says, "A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

I thought that ceremony was beautiful, and would like it in my own.

The movie is titled, "Not Easily Broken," if anyone wishes to rent it.

Blessings,

--Cat

Cat4Christ777

View Profile
Is Billy Graham a great Christian Evangelist or a False Prophet of Satan? 2 Corinthians 11:13,14: Such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light!.
Posted : 9 Nov, 2013 03:25 PM

Prophetic,

No mere man can save anyone. Only JESUS SAVES!

Did you expect Billy Graham to have some other-worldly power by which he could convince you to give up your sinful life and be saved?

No. It is a CHOICE we all need to make of our own will, to seek the One who saves: Jesus.

Just as with those addicted to any substance, we each need to reach a point of "rock-bottom," where we can no longer tolerate living the way we are living. That point is different for each person. Which is why every Christian's testimony of how they came to be saved is unique.

There is no individual--no matter how far along in their walk with Christ--who can guarantee you will be saved based on their own works.

About Billy Graham:

Ask yourself this..."What if Billy Graham is Loving all--friend and enemy alike--as the Bible instructs us all to do?"

Or do you believe the Bible tells us to curse our enemies and hate them?

Can you see into Billy Graham's heart, Prophetic? I know I can't, for I am merely human.

May I suggest you let the One who DOES see into men's hearts, and judges the motives of those hearts, do what He does and you just take care of your own problems?

Men are not to be worshipped, anyway. I am not saying I trust those who lead churches/religions, or know what the motives of their hearts are; just saying it's best not to judge someone whom you are not able to know as well as Jesus knows them.

Just remind yourself of the story of the Tower of Babel, from Genesis 11:1-9, and how God handled that situation. Do you think He will let that sort of thing spring up again without doing something about it?

Do not worry about such things, for God is always in control, and He knows what is going on at all times.

Blessings,

--Cat

Cat4Christ777

View Profile
I know this might be daunting, but humor me.......
Posted : 8 Nov, 2013 08:41 PM

Nical,

Sorry you misunderstood, but I was referring to all the guys whose profiles say they are looking for "Long Term Dating," or "Short-Term Dating," "A Date," or "Anything." It's all I have seen in here, save for a very few who say they want to marry. And, even those expect sex before marriage. It's just a fact of life.

And, of course, I was NOT referring to your mother's predicament after your father died. How could I have? I did not know. Whatever your situation when you were a child, if you'd have ever read the Bible, you would know what Ephesians 5:23 says, since I specifically referred to that verse.

Please do not read more into anything anyone says than what is written.

Take care,

--Cat

Cat4Christ777

View Profile
I know this might be daunting, but humor me.......
Posted : 8 Nov, 2013 12:55 PM

Nical,

I bet you're trying not to sound like a chauvanist with your reply. However, if you read the Bible, it clearly states the man should be the head of the household, just as Christ is the Head of the Church (Ephesians 5:23).

If a man does not want that role, he creates a weak marriage, one that will not withstand the test of time. Christianity has existed for over 2,000 years simply because of Christ's strong leadership.

Then again, like a lot of the men here, you are probably not looking for marriage.

In my opinion, if a man is truly Christian, he would be seeking marriage--the only place where true love can freely exist between a man and a woman. The Bible clearly states that, outside of marriage, sexual relations are a SIN.

But I digress. Sorry for getting off topic, but all these things are inter-related for me. LOL!

I don't have any 'boxes' or walls in my brain. ;-)

Take care,

--Cat

Cat4Christ777

View Profile
What should i do?
Posted : 1 Nov, 2013 09:20 PM

Devochka,

Next Sunday, when you see him, go over to him and say 'Hi,' and see where things go from there. Sounds like he's new, so you can tell him about your church, as a means to familiarize him with the church and any Bible studies available.

I'm sure, if he thinks he knows you, he will explain at that time.

Take care and I hope things work out in accordance with God's Will for you, sis! Blessings!

--Cat

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10