Author Thread
Cat4Christ777

View Profile
fear of growing old alone
Posted : 31 Oct, 2013 11:56 PM

Puppy51657,

Think back to how you romanced the woman who became your wife, and do that again with someone new.

When considering someone, read their profile carefully, to find out what they want. Quite often men and women have different goals on dating sites. And, try to fish in your own age range; that may lower your rejection rate.

Give yourself some time to get used to being on your own; being alone is not so bad, once you get used to it. I've done it over 19 years now, and I'm prepared to finish out the remaining 30-40 alone, if I must.

Feeling desperate is not going to get you anywhere on a dating site. So, calm down. Start enjoying your life as it is; go out, do things. Hang out with friends. Whatever you have to do to feel happy on your own. Happy people are attractive to the opposite sex. Desperate people, not so much.

Oh, and prayer works, too. So, asking God to bring you His choice of someone special is important.

Hope those tips help you, brother. I pray the Lord brings you happiness, with someone or not. Ask for His Will in your life.

God bless,

--Cat

Cat4Christ777

View Profile
Matthew 22:11-12
Posted : 31 Oct, 2013 05:25 PM

Hiya, Sisygirl!

Teach is right. It refers to an invited guest who refused to wear--in this parable's case--the required wedding clothes for the banquet.

This parable is a an analogy for admittance into Heaven. Just as the wedding garments are required for guests of the King's wedding banquet, so also are we requred to be coverd in Christ's blood for admittance into Heaven.

And, what explanation could anyone come up with for not having the required 'clothing' of being covered with Christ's blood? What could we say in our defense, when God's Word is so clear, and gaining the Gift of Salvation is so EASY? All we have to do is BELIEVE in God's Son and what He's done for us out of His abundant Love for us, and it is ours.

There is a story--it's a joke, really--of this minister who got caught in a hurricane, and when the flood waters came, he climbed atop his church roof. He prayed God would rescue him, and waited patiently.

The Coast Guard came by in a boat and told him to "Climb aboard, we'll take you to safety," but the minister said, "No, my Lord will save me! I have faith in Him."

Then, the Army National Guard came with by with another rescue boat and a life-vest, begging him to come with them so they can bring him to safety. But the minister again refused, insisting "My Lord will save me. I know He will come!"

Finally, the Coast Guard sent a helicopter to lift him off his church roof and take him to safety, and the minister again refused, and waved the helicopter off.

The flood waters eventually overtook his church, and the minister died by drowning.

Suddenly, he found himself in front of St. Peter at the gates to Heaven, and the minister asked, "Why did my Lord not save me from the flood?"

St. Peter replied, "Dude! He sent you TWO BOATS AND A HELICOPTER, but you refused!"

LOL, I love that joke! God bless, sister Sisygirl! Hugs!

--Cat

Cat4Christ777

View Profile
Would you rather....
Posted : 31 Oct, 2013 10:44 AM

SweetandSour,

Just be aware that a lot of the "Hi, how are you?" type messages are from scammers, who, once they've got you chatting with them, will ask you to leave the site for some other chat medium.

They do this to lure you away from the protections provided by CDFF, and then they will tell you a very sad story and say how desperately they--or some relative--needs money, and could you wire it to them.

So, when someone asks you early on to leave the site, they are not really a customer of CDFF.

And say "NO," if anyone asks you for money via the Internet--regardless of the reason they give. You can't know if they're telling the truth or just taking advantage of you.

That said, welcome to CDFF, sis! I pray God brings you a wonderful match!

God bless!

--Cat

Cat4Christ777

View Profile
Sex before marriage?
Posted : 31 Oct, 2013 12:49 AM

Testing,

The Bible says sex 'outside of marriage' is sexual immorality. Period. It is clear, and says this in many places throughout the Bible.

Marriage is the first institution God created, in Genesis 2:18-25.

To assume being engaged is just as good as being married is a mistake many have fallen for, and given their virginity for--only to have the relationship end before the marriage vows were spoken.

For a man to pressure the woman he claims to love to participate in sex before marrying her, is to dishonor her. That does not sound like love to me.

God created sex to be a sacred expression of true love between a married man and woman. It's a precious gift that should not be devalued as some form of recreation, regardless of how this unGodly world portrays it.

"Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul. Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day He visits us."--1 Peter 2:11-12.

So, Testing, you have to ask yourself: Do you want to be of this world and it's sinful ways, or do you want to be of God?

I'm sure you know committing to living for our Lord is very difficult and takes a great deal of internal fortitude (also called integrity or character), but if you want to call yourself "Christian" and MEAN it, then you have to 'walk the walk,' not just 'talk the talk.'

Asking God for His Strength and Help when we are weak does help us resist sin, if we trust in Him, and remember He always gives us a way out so we don't HAVE to sin.

I hope I've given you some perspective on this matter, and pray God opens your eyes to understanding of His Word when you do decide to read it.

Blessings!

--Cat

Cat4Christ777

View Profile
Virgin: I'm Curious, Why Do Guys Ask..
Posted : 30 Oct, 2013 10:56 AM

Teilu,

Welcome to CDFF! Good to hear you've chosen to remain pure this long, sister! I applaud your Christian strength!

You may have heard this before, but let me say it again: Please hold out until your wedding night and don't cave after getting engaged. I made that mistake, and have been kicking myself for it ever since. I thought it would be OK, since we were engaged. But there is no guarantee until after the wedding.

So, hang in there! Don't let any man pressure you into giving away that precious treasure. Stay strong in the Lord!

God bless you, sister!

--Cat

Cat4Christ777

View Profile
Sex before marriage?
Posted : 29 Oct, 2013 10:50 PM

MeeLee1980,

Regardless of your physical "urges," if you claim to love your partner, then you should exercise as much self-control as necessary to ensure you respect her heart by marrying her BEFORE consumating your desire.

If you are not strong enough in the Lord to do so, then do it for the sake of the fact that studies show having sex before marriage can doom the marriage. And God will give you all the strength you need to resist your earthly desires--if you ask Him.

So, I guess you need to ask yourself: Do you actually love her, or do you just want to use her body for sex? That's what it boils down to, brother.

I hope you make right decision. God bless,

--Cat

Cat4Christ777

View Profile
A Little Help, Please?
Posted : 29 Oct, 2013 10:43 PM

LOL, Sojourner!

Thanks for the correction, brother!

I must be getting old! :laugh: Sure has been a long time since I've been in San Francisco.

God bless, Sojourner,

--Cat

Cat4Christ777

View Profile
A Little Help, Please?
Posted : 29 Oct, 2013 09:54 PM

Ooops, Apostelle!

My bad, brother! So sorry I mistook your ID as female! Please forgive me.

If you had a picture up, it might have helped...hint, hint. ;-)

Blessings,

--Cat

Cat4Christ777

View Profile
A Little Help, Please?
Posted : 29 Oct, 2013 09:51 PM

1Jon310,

I never said I wanted to be a hermit, but being alone is the only option if there is no man who is capable of loving me.

And I've been alone a very long time, so I'm used to it. Just not going to lower my standards anymore, for I've already discovered what happens when I do. I get hurt.

So, if I must be alone for the remaining 30-40 years of my life, that's OK. I have the Love of Jesus, and that's all I really need.

And, I have a large family, so I'm not always alone. I see them on holidays, sometimes.

Thank you for your concern, but it is not warranted.

God bless, brother!

--Cat

Cat4Christ777

View Profile
A Little Help, Please?
Posted : 29 Oct, 2013 04:29 PM

Wkd1,

I am a 49'ers fan simply because I lived for a time in San Francisco during the 1980s, when the 49'ers were winning the World Series, and saw a few of their 'homecoming' parades.

I also grew up in the Bay Area on the outskirts of that City. It was only natural to be a fan of a champion team. No matter where I live, I will always have fond memories of those winning seasons, and exceptional players.

Thanks for your input! God bless!

--Cat

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10